Recent posts

Coffee and Donuts / Re: Members You Wish Would Not...
Last post by Bonaventure - Today at 11:12:50 PM
Quote from: LausTibiChriste on May 11, 2024, 12:03:35 PM
Quote from: Heinrich on May 10, 2024, 05:04:32 PM
Quote from: Bonaventure on May 10, 2024, 04:29:16 PM
Quote from: Heinrich on May 10, 2024, 04:28:25 PM
Quote from: Bonaventure on May 10, 2024, 02:12:12 PM
Quote from: LausTibiChriste on May 10, 2024, 02:08:46 PMJayne

As she said, "not posting" because she is mad and blames a bunch of anonymous personae on an Internet forum for a 60+ year old grown man not following mainstream medical advice and supposedly dying of Coof.

In her mind the forum is responsible for his death. We put a virtual gun to his head and told him "take the ivermectin, don't get the jab."

I did not know this. What grown man? I thought she was too embarrassed due to her absolute fail on the vaccine stance.

Mike Mac

OK. Let's back up. I know Mike passed a few years ago– :pray2: –, but when did she say anti vaxxers were blame for his death?

https://www.suscipedomine.com/forum/index.php?topic=28973.msg596458#msg596458

One instance among many.

I wonder if she'll ever publicly repent now that even the vaxx companies are admitting their death drug does exactly what it's intended to - kill.

Doubt it tho, being a Jew and all...

She has been consistently on the "wrong side" during almost every big controversy on tradistani fora since she has had an online presence.

I do not remember her stance during LauraBookWorm, or if she was there.

I remember that she had her husband post on FE as "NOtard" and it was in a provocative way. Almost trolling.

Was wrong about Tim/Impy. Tried to spin that she wasn't but posts on Cathinfo proved otherwise.

Was wrong when we initially decided to start this forum. tmw89 was vehemently against allowing her to join and perhaps I could have lent my voice to his side.

Despite my agreeing with most of her takes on certain issues and measures that happened from 2020-22, I did not keyboard warrior about it and don't really discuss it.

Reminds me of something my mother did. During Coof, went into a sede chapel (of the "Nine,") masked up.

Of course, she was the only person there with a mask. The people in the pews were laughing at her, mocking her "it's just the flu, masks don't work, etc."

I remember telling her "ma wtf did you expect!?!"

In light of her posting history from the late 2000s to recently, my view of her has changed as a hard headed but good willed woman to an agente provacatrice. Combine that with ethnic heritage, and such remarks are like grave to a Calvinist, irresistible.
Coffee and Donuts / Re: Members You Wish Would Com...
Last post by Bonaventure - Today at 11:07:03 PM
Quote from: TradGranny on Today at 01:54:09 PM
Quote from: Bonaventure on May 11, 2024, 12:49:52 PMWho is Marcus?

Marcus was caught up in what Bishop Meyer called an "anti-Catholic, anti-clerical, heretical sect" called Tradition Family Property (TFP) and it's spin-off Tradition in Action (TIA). Both groups worship their founder Plinio de Oliveira in place of Jesus Christ and worship Plinio's mother in place of Our Lady.

Yes the Plinio people are nuts.
Last post by Bonaventure - Today at 11:06:33 PM
Quote from: Heinrich on Today at 06:30:27 PMPrayerful lost to Russia.

Red Sólo Cup is getting up in age and lives in a harsh winter climate. I hope he's OK.

That dashing beefcake Armor of Light needs be back.

Sad to hear that he went 'Dox. He never posted about it and gloated, so power to him.

I too hope RSC is ok.
The last time I attended a NO Confirmation, the candidates did not even know the basic responses.

Not even "Amen," or Peace be with you.

It was like a mockery.

All anyone cared about was having the "parti" after.
We're meant to pray unceasingly. That is the standard of saints and I feel it's the only standard that should be set. It needs to be combined with a lot of patience and charity for all of us who are still "building up to it" (ie failing miserably), but I don't see why other standards or arbitrary minimums should be taught.
The reading appointed from the Rule of St. Benedict for May 13:

CHAPTER II
What kind of man the Abbot ought to be (cont.)

Let him make no distinction of persons in the monastery. Let not one be loved more than another, unless he be found to excel in good works or in obedience. Let not one of noble birth be put before him that was formerly a slave, unless some other reasonable cause exist for it. But if upon just consideration it should so seem good to the Abbot, let him arrange as he please concerning the place of any one whomsoever; but, otherwise, let them keep their own places; because, whether bond or free, we are all one in Christ, and bear an equal rank in the service of one Lord, "For with God there is no respecting of persons." Only for one reason are we preferred in His sight, if we be found to surpass others in good works and in humility. Let the Abbot, then, shew equal love to all, and let the same discipline be imposed upon all according to their deserts.

Martyrology-May 14th
Roman Martyrology-May 14th- on this date in various years-

At Tarsus in Cilicia, the birthday of the holy martyr Boniface, who suffered under Diocletian and Maximian. His body was subsequently taken to Rome and buried on the Via Latina.

In France, St. Pontius, martyr. Having by his preaching and his zeal converted to the faith of Christ the two Caesars Philippi, he obtained the palm of martyrdom under the emperors Valerian and Gallienus.

In Syria, the holy martyrs Victor and Corona, under Emperor Antoninus. Victor was subjected to diverse and horrible torments by the judge Sebastian. Just then, as Corona, the the wife of a certain soldier, proclaimed him blessed for his constancy in his sufferings, she saw two crowns falling from heaven, one for Victor, the other for herself. She related this to all present, and was torn to pieces between two trees, while Victor was beheaded.

In Sardinia, the holy martyrs Justa, Justina, and Henedina.

At Ferentino in Tuscany, Bishop St. Boniface, who was renowned for sanctity and miracles from his childhood as is told by the blessed Pope Gregory.

In the town of Betharram in the diocese of Bayonne, St. Michael Garricoits, confessor, and founder of the Congregation of the Priests of the Sacred Heart, renowned for his apostolic fervour. Pope Pius XII added him to the roll of saints.

At Nizza Monferrato in Italy, St. Mary Dominica Mazzarello, co-founder of the Daughters of Mary Help of Christians, and renowned for her humility, prudence and charity. She was added to the book of Virgins by Pope Pius XII.

And elsewhere in divers places, many other holy martyrs, confessors, and holy virgins.
R. Thanks be to God.
The reading appointed from the Rule of St. Benedict for May 12:

CHAPTER II
What kind of man the Abbot ought to be (cont.)

Therefore, when anyone receiveth the name of Abbot, he ought to govern his disciples by a two-fold teaching: that is, he should shew forth all goodness and holiness by his deeds rather than his words: declaring to the intelligent among his disciples the commandments of the Lord by words: but to the hard-hearted and the simple minded setting forth the divine precepts by the example of his deeds. And let him shew by his own actions that those things ought not to be done which he has taught his disciples to be against the law of God; lest, while preaching to others, he should himself become a castaway, and God should say to him in his sin: "Why dost thou declare My justice, and take My covenant in thy mouth? Thou hast hated discipline, and hast cast My words behind thee." And again: "Thou who sawest the mote in thy brother's eye, didst thou not see the beam in thine own?"

Martyrology-May 13th
Roman Martyrology-May 13th- on this date in various years-

St. Robert Bellarmine, of the Society of Jesus, cardinal and one time bishop of Capua, confessor and doctor of the Church, whose birthday is kept on the 17th of September.

At Rome, in the time of Emperor Phocas, the dedication of the church of St. Mary of the Martyrs, formerly a temple of all the gods, called the Pantheon, which was purified and dedicated by the blessed Pope Bonface IV to the honour of the Blessed Mary ever Virgin, and of all the martyrs. The solemn anniversary of this dedication was later ordered to be kept by Pope Gregory IV as the Feast of All Saints on the 1st of November.

At Constantinople, under Emperor Diocletian and the proconsul Laudicius, the blessed Mucius, priest and martyr, who endured many tribulations and torments for the confession of Christ at Amphipolis, and then being taken to Byzantium, suffered death.

At Alexandria, the commemoration of many holy martyrs, who were put to death for the Catholic faith by the Arians in the church of St. Theonas.

At Heraclea in Thrace, St. Glyceria, a Roman martyr who suffered many severe torments under Emperor Antonius and the governor Sabinus. By the help of God having escaped them all unharmed, she was finally thrown to the wild beasts, and when the first one had bitten her body, she rendered her soul to God.

At Utrecht, St. Servatius, bishop of Tongres, whose grave, as a public sign of his merit, was free from snow during winter (although everything around was covered with it), until the inhabitants built a church over it.

In Palestine, St. John the Silent, who resigned the see of Colonia in Armenia and retired to the monastery of St. Sabbas until his saintly death.

At La Puye in the diocese of Poitiers, St. André-Hubert Fournet, confessor and one time parish priest, and founder with St. Elizabeth-Lucie Bichier des Ages of the Institute of the Daughters of the Holy Cross. He was placed on the roll of the saints by Pope Pius XI.

And elsewhere in divers places, many other holy martyrs, confessors, and holy virgins.
R. Thanks be to God.
He roared onto the scene and is mostly silent. Is he still in hiding?
Last post by Heinrich - Today at 06:30:27 PM
Prayerful lost to Russia.

Red Sólo Cup is getting up in age and lives in a harsh winter climate. I hope he's OK.

That dashing beefcake Armor of Light needs be back.
To add to KreKre's post: all of this talk about "being in schism" or not "in full communion" is a bunch of baloney; the N.O. Church also recognizes the saving value of other non-Catholic religions. Scare tactics for those who still hold to the "erroneous" pre-Vatican II ecclesiology.