Recent posts

The reading appointed from the Rule of St. Benedict for May 15:

CHAPTER II
What kind of man the Abbot ought to be(cont.)

The Abbot ought always to remember what he is, and what he is called, and to know that to whom more is committed, from him more is required; and he must consider how difficult and arduous a task he hath undertaken, of ruling souls and adapting himself to many dispositions. Let him so accommodate and suit himself to the character and intelligence of each, winning some by kindness, others by reproof, others by persuasion, that he may not only suffer no loss in the flock committed to him, but may even rejoice in their virtuous increase.

Martyrology-May 16th
Roman Martyrology-May 16th- on this date in various years-

At Gubbio, St. Ubaldus, bishop and confessor renowned for his miracles.

At Auxerre, the passion of St. Peregrinus, first bishop of that city. He was sent into France with other clerics by the blessed Pope Sixtus II, and having accomplished his work of preaching the Gospel, he was condemned to capital punishment, and merited for himself an everlasting crown.

In Persia, the holy martyrs Audas, a bishop, seven priests, nine deacons and seven virgins, who endured various kins of torments under King Isdegerdes, and thus gloriously completed their martyrdom.

At Prague in Bohemia, St. John Nepomucene, a canon of the cathedral church, who, being tempted in vain to betray the secret of confession, was cast into the River Moldau, and thus won the palm of martyrdom.

In Isauria, the birthday of the holy martyrs Aquilinus and Victorian.

At Uzalis in Africa, the holy martyrs Felix and Gennadius.

In Palestine, the martyrdom of the holy monks massacred by the Saracens in the monastery of St. Sabbas.

At Janow, near Pinsk in Lithuania, St. Andrew Bobola, priest of the Society of Jesus, who having suffered many kinds of torments at the hands of the schismatics, was crowned with an illustrious martyrdom.

At Amiens in France, St. Honoratus, bishop.

At Le Mans in France, St. Domnolus, bishop.

At Mirandola in Aemilia, St. Possidius, bishop of Calamae, and disciple of St. Augustine, of whose glorious life he wrote a history.

In the monastery of Enachduin in Ireland, the death of St. Brendan, abbot of Clonfert.

At Treves in France, St. Fidolus, confessor.

At Frejus in France, St. Maxima, virgin, who died in peace with a reputation for many virtues.

And elsewhere in divers places, many other holy martyrs, confessors, and holy virgins.
R. Thanks be to God.
I can't bear to see people take CITH. I hate it. I would not got to a mass where that was allowed. I'm a little surprised the diocesan TLM does that.
Quote from: Hernandez1985 on Today at 06:09:27 PMLast month a woman at the Latin Mass was refused communion in the hand and she was seen throwing the host in the garbage outside as she left. The priest had to go in the trash and find him. I know someone that has seen a particle on the ground. The host was found in a missal about a year ago. I never looked down on the ground in the past as I was walking up to communion so I don't have that personal experience. Every few weeks we get a heretical comment in the sermon praising something heretical about Vatican 2. It seems like theirs always something around here sadly.

I have a hard time believing anything in this post.
One last question just for clarification. I want to make sure I'm really understanding everyone's position correctly. Say we all believed it was a consecrated host and a paten wasn't used and so naturally the particles would fall on the ground per "what my husband said about pieces always being on the paten after every Mass". Is the principle to follow the one of if I don't visually see them personally with my eyes on the ground then he's there? That I'm not fully understanding. At what point does it cease to be God? I guess I'm looking at it from the point of view of if it's true it's not him on the ground when the particles drop why bother having a paten then to protect him from dropping if it ceases to be him? I hope that makes sense.
Arts and Leisure / Re: My book- Defending Dixie's...
Last post by dueSicilie - Today at 06:28:18 PM
Quote from: Heinrich on Today at 04:43:02 PMThe Southern War for Indepence was the 2nd "Civil War."

There is an argument that both the the American war of independence and the War of Northern Aggression were extensions of the English civil war.
Last month a woman at the Latin Mass was refused communion in the hand and she was seen throwing the host in the garbage outside as she left. The priest had to go in the trash and find him. I know someone that has seen a particle on the ground. The host was found in a missal about a year ago. I never looked down on the ground in the past as I was walking up to communion so I don't have that personal experience. Every few weeks we get a heretical comment in the sermon praising something heretical about Vatican 2. It seems like theirs always something around here sadly.
General Information / Re: Could someone help me to p...
Last post by TradGranny - Today at 05:57:35 PM
The OP reads like a cheesy bot:

As staff members of our world, we must look into the complexities of environmental concerns and find creative solution to ensure a brighter future for future generations.
The crux of it is if you have ever seen any particles, with your eyes, on the floor.

Or heard, with your ears, heretical sermons.

I have never, ever, heard a heretical sermon at a "full communion" TLM. Whether it be FSSP, ICRSS, or Diocesan.

As Michael said, unless you are a convinced sedevacantist and also convinced that the New Rites are invalid, I see no reason to not attend.

Catholicism is not a religion of "what if's."
I agree that it is safe at sspx chapels and I will do all I can to go there every Sunday. It's those Sundays when I can't make the drive I battle if I should do a holy hour at home because of my worries over sacrilege or frustrations with heretical sermons. I definitely will speak with an sspx priest. I will share what he says in the future.

Kickstarter is to help encourage self publishers to keep doing so and not go broke! But it can also be used for marketing if I can recover a large chunk of production. It is only for those who really "believe" in the project and want to help get the word out.