The Dark Meaning of John Paul I’s “Beatification”

Started by Goldfinch, September 04, 2022, 07:19:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goldfinch

"For there are no works of power, dearly-beloved, without the trials of temptations, there is no faith without proof, no contest without a foe, no victory without conflict. This life of ours is in the midst of snares, in the midst of battles; if we do not wish to be deceived, we must watch: if we want to overcome, we must fight." - St. Leo the Great

awkward customer

I watched the video.

Surely there have only been 6 Vatican II 'popes', which would mean there has to be one more after Bergoglio.

Having said that, the idea that Pagan Rome is the beast which 'was and is not and is yet to come' and is currently represented by the VII 'popes' is interesting to say the least.  It certainly seems to fit.

Michael Wilson

Another problem with the thesis that the "Popes are kings", is that Paul VI deposed his crown, i.e. His Papal tiara, and he has been so far the last Pope to be crowned. Also going backwards, that would mean that Popes Pius XII & Pius XI (and before the election of Francis, Benedict XV), are also "heads of the beast".
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

Prayerful

Quote from: Michael Wilson on September 10, 2022, 08:33:44 AM
Another problem with the thesis that the "Popes are kings", is that Paul VI deposed his crown, i.e. His Papal tiara, and he has been so far the last Pope to be crowned. Also going backwards, that would mean that Popes Pius XII & Pius XI (and before the election of Francis, Benedict XV), are also "heads of the beast".

That tiara was a gift from the city of Milan and even Francis accepted a tiara albeit without wearing it. Roman emperors only took to wearing a crown of sorts from around the 3rd century with a sort of radiate crown, and there was no coronation, salute by soldiers and later the emperor would be raised on a shield. Kingship is as much about a reality as externals like crowns or other regalia. Some kings like I think in Norway are invested and there is no liturgical crowning like QE2 got. Judea and kings was confusing as Romans could tolerate various local kings, even in Judaea with Herod (Augustus said allegedly he'd prefer to be Herod's pig than his son) and those of his issue who managed not be murdered.
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

awkward customer

I don't understand.  Why does your second sentence follow on from your first?  I mean, why would Popes Pius XII and Pius XI be included just because Paul VI "deposed his crown"?

Goldfinch

Quote from: Prayerful on September 10, 2022, 06:04:43 PM

That tiara was a gift from the city of Milan and even Francis accepted a tiara albeit without wearing it. Roman emperors only took to wearing a crown of sorts from around the 3rd century with a sort of radiate crown, and there was no coronation, salute by soldiers and later the emperor would be raised on a shield. Kingship is as much about a reality as externals like crowns or other regalia. Some kings like I think in Norway are invested and there is no liturgical crowning like QE2 got. Judea and kings was confusing as Romans could tolerate various local kings, even in Judaea with Herod (Augustus said allegedly he'd prefer to be Herod's pig than his son) and those of his issue who managed not be murdered.

The popes are temporal kings by virtue of being the heads of state of the Vatican, with or without the tiara.
"For there are no works of power, dearly-beloved, without the trials of temptations, there is no faith without proof, no contest without a foe, no victory without conflict. This life of ours is in the midst of snares, in the midst of battles; if we do not wish to be deceived, we must watch: if we want to overcome, we must fight." - St. Leo the Great

Michael Wilson

Quote from: awkward customer on September 12, 2022, 04:28:46 AM

I don't understand.  Why does your second sentence follow on from your first?  I mean, why would Popes Pius XII and Pius XI be included just because Paul VI "deposed his crown"?
Because even though English is my native language, I can hardly form a coherent sentence.
The first time I read about this "the beast of 8 heads was the Popes" (in the above monastery's publication), was when J.P. II was  reigning; which meant that if J.P. II was the "eight" Pope, then St. Pius X should have been the first! Whoever since that would through the whole theory out the door for any Catholic that had a lick of sense; the Bros. Declared that J.P. II was the 7th. Which would then make Benedict XVI, the 8th and Benedict XV the 'first'. However with the resignation of Benedict and the election of Francis; a "new" ordering is necessary, with Francis being the "8th" and BXV now "off the hook" or "off the head", as the case may be, Pius XI is now the "first". What will happen if Francis dies and a new Pope is elected?
On the Pope being a temporal ruler and king; O.K. I agree.
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

Bonaventure

Quote from: Goldfinch on September 15, 2022, 04:18:35 PM
Quote from: Prayerful on September 10, 2022, 06:04:43 PM
Quote from: Michael Wilson on September 10, 2022, 08:33:44 AMAnother problem with the thesis that the "Popes are kings", is that Paul VI deposed his crown, i.e. His Papal tiara, and he has been so far the last Pope to be crowned. Also going backwards, that would mean that Popes Pius XII & Pius XI (and before the election of Francis, Benedict XV), are also "heads of the beast".

The popes are temporal kings by virtue of being the heads of state of the Vatican, with or without the tiara.

João, they may be heads of state but they certainly do not view themselves as Kings (inaugurations, abandoning of the tiara, Niger in the arms, etc.)
"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."