Bought anything interesting lately?

Started by Kaesekopf, December 30, 2012, 10:49:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stitchmom

I didn't buy this but someone gave me over 200 skeins of embroidery floss. She had it on sale for $20 on Craigslist. I asked her if she would hold it for me until next month. Anyway she wrote me an email that her sister stitched for others too, and she mailed it to me, and to contribute $5 towards shipping if I could afford it.

OCLittleFlower

Quote from: stitchmom on April 04, 2013, 04:51:44 AM
I didn't buy this but someone gave me over 200 skeins of embroidery floss. She had it on sale for $20 on Craigslist. I asked her if she would hold it for me until next month. Anyway she wrote me an email that her sister stitched for others too, and she mailed it to me, and to contribute $5 towards shipping if I could afford it.

That's so sweet!  :)
-- currently writing a Trad romance entitled Flirting with Sedevacantism --

???? ?? ?????? ????????? ???, ?? ?????.

Eliza

I bought a really good carnitas burrito tonight.

tmw89

A DVD on March 30th.

...first DVD I've purchased all year, and hopefully the last.
Quote from: Bishop WilliamsonThe "promise to respect" as Church law the New Code of Canon Law is to respect a number of supposed laws directly contrary to Church doctrine.

---

http://tradblogs.blogspot.com

NOW OPEN:  A new Trad forum featuring Catholic books, information, and discussion!

stitchmom

Quote from: OCLittleFlower on April 04, 2013, 05:01:26 PM
Quote from: stitchmom on April 04, 2013, 04:51:44 AM

That's so sweet!  :)

I told her I would send pics of what I made! I was very excited when the package showed up!

tmw89

Parente's Dictionary of Dogmatic Theology (in English) from Refuge of Sinners Publishing.

:toth: to Alphonsus Jr. for making me aware of the publisher!
Quote from: Bishop WilliamsonThe "promise to respect" as Church law the New Code of Canon Law is to respect a number of supposed laws directly contrary to Church doctrine.

---

http://tradblogs.blogspot.com

NOW OPEN:  A new Trad forum featuring Catholic books, information, and discussion!

Alphonsus Jr.

Quote from: tmw89 on April 06, 2013, 01:23:24 PM
Parente's Dictionary of Dogmatic Theology (in English) from Refuge of Sinners Publishing.

:toth: to Alphonsus Jr. for making me aware of the publisher!

You're most welcome, sir.
Age, thou art shamed.*
O shame, where is thy blush?**

-Shakespeare, Julius Caesar,* Hamlet**

Alphonsus Jr.

Not too long ago I bought this, which is apparently the best book against the "new" atheist herd:

Age, thou art shamed.*
O shame, where is thy blush?**

-Shakespeare, Julius Caesar,* Hamlet**

Penelope

A chai tea waffle at a coffee shop/bar/diner in the Woodley Park neighborhood in D.C. A chai tea waffle. It was the most ingenious thing I've ever eaten. So good.

Archer

Quote from: Penelope on April 06, 2013, 02:48:06 PM
A chai tea waffle at a coffee shop/bar/diner in the Woodley Park neighborhood in D.C. A chai tea waffle. It was the most ingenious thing I've ever eaten. So good.

I know what chai tea is.  And I definitely know what a waffle is.  But I'm having a hard time merging the two.  ???
"All the good works in the world are not equal to the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass because they are the works of men; but the Mass is the work of God. Martyrdom is nothing in comparison for it is but the sacrifice of man to God; but the Mass is the sacrifice of God for man." - St. John Vianney

Penelope

Quote from: Archer on April 06, 2013, 03:00:58 PM
Quote from: Penelope on April 06, 2013, 02:48:06 PM

I know what chai tea is.  And I definitely know what a waffle is.  But I'm having a hard time merging the two.  ???

Trust me; it's delicious.

Edited for punctuation.

piabee

Heinrich

Bought some lobster bisque at Costco. I had two samples and man was it good. I plan to mix it with some super organic California type dern good n tasty rice this Friday with copious amounts of sem haatsaass(my best transcription of NE accent). Any suggestions for a beverage pairing for Mrs. Heinrich and me?
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Bonaventure

Quote from: Heinrich on April 06, 2013, 04:57:56 PM
Bought some lobster bisque at Costco. I had two samples and man was it good. I plan to mix it with some super organic California type dern good n tasty rice this Friday with copious amounts of sem haatsaass(my best transcription of NE accent). Any suggestions for a beverage pairing for Mrs. Heinrich and me?

Right by a Costco out here they make it fresh. San Bruno, CA. I've tried what you're talking about before and it IS good.
"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

KumbayaDominumMeum

I bought a Crucifix pendant on eBay for $4.95 + 99¢ shipping. Got here in 2 days. Only silver-plate, but very traditional looking, and on the back it has stamped into the metal: "I am a Catholic. In case of an accident, notify a priest." Here's a picture:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I figure if/when the silver plating wears through I can always take it to a jeweler and get it re-plated for a few bucks.