Bought anything interesting lately?

Started by Kaesekopf, December 30, 2012, 10:49:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heinrich

Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Prayerful

Welding is good, but welding should be only done when I know how a part works in a state of repair.

I'm fixed up a treadle sewing machine, so welded the pitman rod, problem was I hadn't realised there's a ball and socket joint at one end, which was fixed static by my repair, so it broke eventually. I ordered a fresh one off ebay. Also a pair of track rod ends for the Wolseley, although only one is needed.
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

Chestertonian

Permobiil F5 Corpus, can't wait to uae it. My son saw it written out in some catalog and he said.. "Permobil that's only a few letters away from Playmobil"
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

maryslittlegarden

Quote from: Chestertonian on November 29, 2016, 02:39:39 PM

Permobiil F5 Corpus, can't wait to uae it. My son saw it written out in some catalog and he said.. "Permobil that's only a few letters away from Playmobil"

That is awesome, Ches. 
For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

Carleendiane

Ches, that's almost as exciting as a new house! That thing looks like a hot rod. Can you be trusted with it? I hope so. You will be upright and mobile. I feel so pleased for you, I want to hear all about it. Hope it's easy to manipulate!
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Hannelore

It's like a motorcycle!

I just bought a little Steiff bear for my Reddit Secret Santa match.  ;D
My Lord and my God.

Chestertonian

Quote from: Bernadette on November 29, 2016, 03:54:29 PM
It's like a motorcycle!

Haha for the downstairs  neighbors sake I hope it isn't loud like a motorcycle
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Prayerful

You just need a Suzuki Hayabusa engine and you'll be lit. :lol:
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

Carleendiane

Quote from: Prayerful on November 29, 2016, 05:16:55 PM

I think it might be a transformer Ches. You may be able to transform it into a tractor or something.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Chestertonian

Quote from: Carleendiane on November 29, 2016, 06:48:28 PM
Quote from: Prayerful on November 29, 2016, 05:16:55 PM

I think it might be a transformer Ches. You may be able to transform it into a tractor or something.
hmmmm they need to make an optimus prime wheelchair

dymphna17

Quote from: Chestertonian on November 29, 2016, 04:55:42 PM
It's like a motorcycle!

Hey!  Loud pipes save lives!  :wag:  That is so awesome Ches!  The name is pretty cool too, but it would have been more fun to have named it 'CORPUS Mach 5'.   :lol:  Do they sell accessories like baskets to put on the back so you can carry the baby, or hooks on it so you can carry the groceries into the house?  If not, I'll bet you could find a fabricator that would have a ball doing it.  Anyway, I'm so happy for you!
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Prayerful

I got a fine little book. Franciscan Faith: Sacred Art in Ireland, AD 1600-1750, ed. Raghnall Ó Floinn. It's a booking covering an exhibition of the Francisan collection of religious silver. They included monstrances, chalices, crucifixes, candlesticks, incense boats and thuribles. Some have a demotic look to them. It show how in spite of persecution the Church and the faithful, despite having limited money, tried to craft or buy the best sacred vessels.

Chestertonian

Quote from: dymphna17 on November 29, 2016, 07:51:52 PM
It's like a motorcycle!

Hey!  Loud pipes save lives!  :wag:  That is so awesome Ches!  The name is pretty cool too, but it would have been more fun to have named it 'CORPUS Mach 5'.   :lol:  Do they sell accessories like baskets to put on the back so you can carry the baby, or hooks on it so you can carry the groceries into the house?  If not, I'll bet you could find a fabricator that would have a ball doing it.  Anyway, I'm so happy for you!

Haha not sure about accessories like that I have a lot of gearthat has to be mounted to the back.  I usedtowear my son in one of those wrap sling things or a ergo which I can do for sitting but probably not standing  my legs are supersore from bearing weight for the first time in a long time but should get used to it

piabee

Got my VIB reward from Sephora, so I treated myself to fancy lotion. Where is the wench emoji??

Hannelore

Quote from: Chestertonian on December 01, 2016, 08:33:05 PM
Quote from: dymphna17 on November 29, 2016, 07:51:52 PM
It's like a motorcycle!

Haha not sure about accessories like that I have a lot of gearthat has to be mounted to the back.  I usedtowear my son in one of those wrap sling things or a ergo which I can do for sitting but probably not standing  my legs are supersore from bearing weight for the first time in a long time but should get used to it

Did you get the upright version, or the sitting version?
My Lord and my God.