To what are you currently listening?

Started by Bonaventure, December 26, 2012, 09:40:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carleendiane

Hi Pon!  Great having you back, though you were only a teeny bit gone.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Mono no aware

Thanks, Carleen.  You're right, I wasn't really gone.  There used to be a user on here who only posted YouTube videos in this listening thread.  They were "classic jazz" selections as I remember, Thelonius Monk and Charlie Parker, &c.  I always admired how he was just posting away his jazz videos while the angry theology debates and cultural freak-outs swirled around him.  I was trying to get going on something like that, but after three thousand posts it's pretty pathetic.  Even a million YouTube music videos wouldn't be enough to get rid of the three thousand prose turds that preceded them.  They'd still be there.  At some point you just have to "let it be," as the song goes.  Quod scripsi, scripsi.

roland

Just so happens that at this exact moment I'm listening to Chuch Missler's exposition on Proverbs...

...that's why this topic caught my attention.

Gardener

Quote from: roland on December 09, 2017, 08:23:51 AM
Just so happens that at this exact moment I'm listening to Chuch Missler's exposition on Proverbs...

...that's why this topic caught my attention.

Chuck Missler, you mean? As in the evangelical who believes and preaches a variant of Gnosticism, Bible Code, looking to Talmudism for answers, and regarding angels and eschatology is "out there"?

Before I converted, I was really into Chuck. I will say one good thing:

At a conference I went to, during Q&A, someone tried to lead a question regarding the 7 Churches in Revelation by talking bad about the Catholic Church. Chuck responded by saying that if the Churches are ages of the Church, Protestants aren't getting any praise from Christ. Frankly, I found that statement a bit shocking given his body of work at large.
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

dymphna17

?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Prayerful

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4-nAq-Ba5k[/yt]

Listening on Spotify, but this seems a similar arrangement except the sound is a bit inferior, hissing or something like that. Sad to think the Protestant Rebellion was so shortly to break out after this arrangement of Ave Maria was sung at Mass. Given that William Cornysh is credited with both church music and secular music like [yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdCUyZ6PeF0[/yt], one scholar, David Skinner, suggests a father and son of the same name. The Protestant Rebellion massively reduced patronage for religious arrangement, while the newly enriched flunkies of bluff Hal, frail Edward VI, and bloody Bess had the lands of the once great religious houses, and money aplenty for artists.
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

red solo cup

non impediti ratione cogitationis

red solo cup

red solo cup

red solo cup

Gardener

I first learned of Anna Roberts-Gevalt when she collaborated with Elizabeth Laprelle for some Sean Nos style Appalachian music. But man, that girl has a talent of her own with the fiddle.

[yt][/yt]
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

Non Nobis

I'm listening to the KING 98.1 Classical Christmas station on Iheartradio (on my Kindle).  I love this music because it is not cheap grocery store Xmas music, but music that is truly good, and most of it is traditional and much even Christian (aka Catholic). (What ELSE should CHRISTmas music be?)

I'm sure you can get to it via iheart.com, but I just emailed the following links to someone:

Main KING website (has links to various music channels): http://www.king.org/
Inner link to Classical Christmas channel:  http://v6.player.abacast.net/3830

[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Jesus, Mary, I love Thee! Save souls!

red solo cup