Author Topic: Atkins vs. Keto vs. Carnivore  (Read 1565 times)

Offline Jayne

• Mary Garden
  • Major
  • Comic Sans Frontières
  • Religion: Roman Catholic
Re: Atkins vs. Keto vs. Carnivore
« Reply #75 on: July 09, 2020, 12:18:56 PM »
You took that way too seriously.

He makes the same incorrect point practically every time the subject of health comes up.  I've lost count of the number of times he has done this schtick.  It's dumb and annoying.

There is no reason to assume that people who follow a healthy lifestyle are trying to live until they are 90 or are unaware of the problems in the world.  I'm tired of Greg saying it.

Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

Offline Heinrich

• Steig mal auf den Berg hinauf
  • St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
  • Gott, wende Dich zu uns und gib uns neues Leben
  • Religion: römisch-katholisch
« Reply #76 on: July 09, 2020, 12:54:03 PM »

He makes the same incorrect point practically every time the subject of health comes up.  I've lost count of the number of times he has done this schtick.  It's dumb and annoying.

There is no reason to assume that people who follow a healthy lifestyle are trying to live until they are 90 or are unaware of the problems in the world.  I'm tired of Greg saying it.

I was thankful for the reminder
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Offline Jayne

• Mary Garden
  • Major
  • Comic Sans Frontières
  • Religion: Roman Catholic
« Reply #77 on: July 09, 2020, 01:00:16 PM »

The last time he did it was June 25th, about two weeks ago.  If you need reminders that often, perhaps you should look into some memory supplements or exercises.
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

Offline Heinrich

• Steig mal auf den Berg hinauf
  • St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
  • Gott, wende Dich zu uns und gib uns neues Leben
  • Religion: römisch-katholisch
« Reply #78 on: July 09, 2020, 01:48:29 PM »

The last time he did it was June 25th, about two weeks ago.  If you need reminders that often, perhaps you should look into some memory supplements or exercises.

Thank you for reminding me of why I have you on the iggie.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Offline abc123

• Wachtmeister
  • Religion: High church Reformed
« Reply #79 on: July 10, 2020, 10:16:02 AM »
Almost a month into intermittent fasting and I'm about to drop into the 170s for the first time in about 20 years. At the peak of my physical health around my junior year of high school I was 175 and benching around 250. Though I won't be throwing that much weight up again I am doing light weight training and toning up.

I've noticed my attitude toward food has changed. I'm enjoying my food more and am learning restraint as well as eliminating "boredom" eating.
"I once laboured hard for the free will of man until the grace of God at length overcame me."- St. Augustine

The following users thanked this post: Greg, Heinrich, Jayne, Lynne, Maximilian, Michael Wilson, queen.saints, Davis Blank - EG

Offline Philip G.

• Wachtmeister
  • Ordinary Cult
  • Religion: Catholic
« Reply #80 on: July 11, 2020, 04:07:09 AM »
Almost a month into intermittent fasting and I'm about to drop into the 170s for the first time in about 20 years. At the peak of my physical health around my junior year of high school I was 175 and benching around 250. Though I won't be throwing that much weight up again I am doing light weight training and toning up.

I've noticed my attitude toward food has changed. I'm enjoying my food more and am learning restraint as well as eliminating "boredom" eating.

How tall are/were you?  When I was in high school at my best I weighed 165 lbs and benched 205.  But, I was also 6 feet tall.  And, I focused on reps. as opposed to maxing. 
For the stone shall cry out of the wall; and the timber that is between the joints of the building, shall answer.  Woe to him that buildeth a town with blood, and prepareth a city by iniquity. - Habacuc 2,11-12

Offline abc123

• Wachtmeister
  • Religion: High church Reformed
« Reply #81 on: July 11, 2020, 06:08:00 AM »

How tall are/were you?  When I was in high school at my best I weighed 165 lbs and benched 205.  But, I was also 6 feet tall.  And, I focused on reps. as opposed to maxing.

I'm 5'9"

My max was 250. I was a workout junky and very athletic in my younger years. Most of my 175 back then was muscle. Now? Not so much.
"I once laboured hard for the free will of man until the grace of God at length overcame me."- St. Augustine