Author Topic: Bought anything interesting lately?  (Read 216086 times)

Offline Philip G.

• Korporal
  • Ordinary Cult
  • Religion: Catholic
Re: Bought anything interesting lately?
« Reply #2055 on: October 23, 2019, 01:51:22 AM »
I just purchased locally from craigslist a made in the usa 6 blade silent cut 18 inch push reel mower.   It is 42 lbs, about 12 pounds heavier than the previous made in china one I had; so it cuts amazing, and is smooth.  Bye bye Bermuda!
« Last Edit: October 23, 2019, 12:06:04 PM by Philip G. »
For the stone shall cry out of the wall; and the timber that is between the joints of the building, shall answer.  Woe to him that buildeth a town with blood, and prepareth a city by iniquity. - Habacuc 2,11-12

Offline Heinrich

• Steig mal auf den Berg hinauf
  • St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
  • Roter Fleisch, der Speck und Bourbon
  • Religion: römisch-katholisch
« Reply #2056 on: October 26, 2019, 02:23:34 PM »
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

The following users thanked this post: maryslittlegarden, Bernadette

Offline maryslittlegarden

• Mary Garden
  • Feldwebel
Come, Holy Spirit, fill the hearts of Thy faithful and enkindle in them the fire of Thy love

Offline Heinrich

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
« Reply #2058 on: November 09, 2019, 03:49:25 PM »
Mrs. Heinrich's birthday present: A new German Shepherd puppy. We call her Trutti(TROO tee), which is kinda short for der Truthahn. Fitting also, as it's the 30 anniversary of the fall of The Wall.

Edit: gender of noun
« Last Edit: November 09, 2019, 05:39:54 PM by Heinrich »
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

The following users thanked this post: Non Nobis, Lynne

Offline Philip G.

• Korporal
  • Ordinary Cult
« Reply #2059 on: November 09, 2019, 07:19:32 PM »
I just obtained from a friend, but will be buying it, an echo two stroke string trimmer.  It hasn't run in 4 years.  I have spent the last 24 hours learning how to trouble shoot the machine, and I finally got it running with some new gas and carburetor adjustment.  Oh, and probably 200+ pulls. 
For the stone shall cry out of the wall; and the timber that is between the joints of the building, shall answer.  Woe to him that buildeth a town with blood, and prepareth a city by iniquity. - Habacuc 2,11-12

The following users thanked this post: Gardener

Offline Non Nobis

• Why are you fearful?
  • Mary Garden
  • Feldwebel
  • Religion: Roman Catholic
« Reply #2060 on: November 09, 2019, 08:26:39 PM »
Mrs. Heinrich's birthday present: A new German Shepherd puppy. We call her Trutti(TROO tee), which is kinda short for der Truthahn. Fitting also, as it's the 30 anniversary of the fall of The Wall.

It occurred to me, just from the look of it, that this meant "truth", but although that might seem laudable it would be a strange name for a dog! So what is the story of her name (der Truthahn=turkey=gobbler) - is she a big eater already?
[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Offline Heinrich

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
« Reply #2061 on: November 09, 2019, 08:44:27 PM »

It occurred to me, just from the look of it, that this meant "truth", but although that might seem laudable it would be a strange name for a dog! So what is the story of her name (der Truthahn=turkey=gobbler) - is she a big eater already?

It is close to the US Thanksgiving.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2019, 08:52:21 PM by Heinrich »

The following users thanked this post: Non Nobis

Offline Warwick

• Hellebardier
« Reply #2062 on: November 09, 2019, 08:49:21 PM »
A 14th century Helmet