To what are you currently listening?

Started by Bonaventure, December 26, 2012, 09:40:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

piabee

Bonaventure

"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

dymphna17

These were the two songs that weren't the standard Protestant church songs, that the Husband had played at the funeral for his Wife that we went to today (I had asked you all for prayers for them when she was killed in a motorcycle accident).  They had been married 34 years.  The funeral was held at a place called the Cowboy Church, so we really didn't know what to expect.  The first one, "All of My Love" by Led Zeppelin was "their song" and he said they always danced to it whenever they heard it.  They weren't good dancers, but it always made for a special moment for them.  The second one, was "Your Song" by Elton John.  He said he could never hear that song and not think of her.  Especially her eyes.  There wasn't a dry eye in the place, irrespective of what you think of the choice of songs or their singers.  The rest were the typical Protestant standards, "How Great Thou Art" and the like.  They were a musical family, so their 2 daughters (in their 20's) got up and sang those.  But the 2 that he chose played over a sound system. 

The big message that they requested everyone to take from all of this is to put away any petty nonsense, don't let a day go by without saying, "I love you", go to God, and love with all your heart, since you don't know when that special person will be taken from you.  It was a "Celebration of Life", which is just sad.  But the message that their family wanted to convey to all those who could hear, was a pretty good one for our lives in general.  Thank you for your prayers.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eW4M9nVrijA[/yt]

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTa8U0Wa0q8[/yt]
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

red solo cup

non impediti ratione cogitationis

Prayerful

Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

Ulrich Von Lichtenstein

Clare

A bit of syncopation going on here:

[yt]jraqBSIFpjY[/yt]
Motes 'n' Beams blog

Feel free to play the Trivia Quiz!

O Mary, Immaculate Mother of Jesus, offer, we beseech thee, to the Eternal Father, the Precious Blood of thy Divine Son to prevent at least one mortal sin from being committed somewhere in the world this day.

"It is a much less work to have won the battle of Waterloo, or to have invented the steam-engine, than to have freed one soul from Purgatory." - Fr Faber

"When faced by our limitations, we must have recourse to the practice of offering to God the good works of others." - St Therese of Lisieux

red solo cup

erin is nice

dymphna17

Quote from: red solo cup on March 15, 2016, 04:49:07 AM

There has yet to be another voice as good as hers.  Thanks for posting this.  :)
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

LausTibiChriste

Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

red solo cup

Quote from: LausTibiChriste on March 15, 2016, 02:16:33 PM
Uh Katy Perry? Duuuuuuuuuuh  :leaving:
Of course you like her. She has all the qualities that appeal to the superficial man.

MilesChristi

The world is charged with the grandeur of God.
    It will flame out, like shining from shook foil;
    It gathers to a greatness, like the ooze of oil
Crushed. Why do men then now not reck his rod?
Generations have trod, have trod, have trod;
    And all is seared with trade; bleared, smeared with toil;
    And wears man's smudge and shares man's smell: the soil
Is bare now, nor can foot feel, being shod.

And for all this, nature is never spent;
    There lives the dearest freshness deep down things;
And though the last lights off the black West went
    Oh, morning, at the brown brink eastward, springs —
Because the Holy Ghost over the bent
    World broods with warm breast and with ah! bright wings.

Cantarella

If anyone says that true and natural water is not necessary for baptism and thus twists into some metaphor the words of our Lord Jesus Christ" Unless a man be born again of water and the Holy Spirit" (Jn 3:5) let him be anathema.

JubilateDeo