Last movie you saw?

Started by tmw89, December 27, 2012, 03:03:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aulef

Nefarious Plot (2023).

It's a movie about an atheist psychiatrist analyzing a man sentenced to death who is possessed by a demon.

It is a protestant movie, so apply well your filters.
Tota pulchra es, Maria
Et macula originalis non est in Te

Bonaventure

Quote from: Aulef on August 15, 2023, 01:25:32 PMNefarious Plot (2023).

It's a movie about an atheist psychiatrist analyzing a man sentenced to death who is possessed by a demon.

This was a great scene.

"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

Bernadette

When Hitler Stole Pink Rabbit. Adaptation of the book by Judith Kerr. It was exceptionally good. Stayed very true to the book.
My Lord and my God.

Aulef

Quote from: Bonaventure on August 15, 2023, 02:14:19 PM
Quote from: Aulef on August 15, 2023, 01:25:32 PMNefarious Plot (2023).

This was a great scene.

I consider this one of the most dangerous parts of the movie as well
Tota pulchra es, Maria
Et macula originalis non est in Te

ChairmanJoeAintMyPrez

How do they know that was the athiest doctor?  Was it just that they were unable to find anyone athier?
this page left intentionally blank

Mushroom

Watched Animal Farm (1954) last night. Really good analogy to communism. "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." 

Kids should be watching this instead of Disney.

Moral of the story: Don't sleep in while having farm animals or they might rebel...

Bernadette

Just watched All the Light We Cannot See. I watched it to see the blind actresses who played Marie Laure. It was fascinating. I'd never seen blind people navigating daily life before. Being half blind myself, I have a particular interest in the subject.
My Lord and my God.

Maximilian

Quote from: Mushroom on October 09, 2023, 09:23:45 AMWatched Animal Farm (1954) last night. Really good analogy to communism. "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." 

Kids should be watching this instead of Disney.

Moral of the story: Don't sleep in while having farm animals or they might rebel...

Definitely NOT appropriate for children.

High-school age at a minimum. Even then they would have to be rather knowledgeable and sophisticated.

Bernadette

The Dig, about an excavator in Suffolk in 1939 who digs up Anglo Saxon burial mounds. It was surprisingly good.
My Lord and my God.

Bernadette

Getting ready to watch Band of Brothers and The Pacific. I'm really looking forward to The Pacific, because I know absolutely nothing about the Pacific Theatre. I haven't seen Band of Brothers since it came out.
My Lord and my God.

drummerboy

Quote from: Bernadette on November 13, 2023, 08:28:25 AMGetting ready to watch Band of Brothers and The Pacific. I'm really looking forward to The Pacific, because I know absolutely nothing about the Pacific Theatre. I haven't seen Band of Brothers since it came out.

Be forewarned The Pacific has some rather graphic sex scenes.  From what I recall Band of Brothers had one scene but it wasn't graphic.

The Pacific also has very graphic violence and gore. There's one scene a guy is tossing pebbles into a dead Japanese soldier's skull.  Not sure I you're up to that.  My wife seemed to handle but we only watched it once.  Other than that it's highly recommended.
- I'll get with the times when the times are worth getting with

"I like grumpy old cusses.  Hope to live long enough to be one" - John Wayne

Bernadette

Quote from: drummerboy on November 13, 2023, 10:29:05 AM
Quote from: Bernadette on November 13, 2023, 08:28:25 AMGetting ready to watch Band of Brothers and The Pacific. I'm really looking forward to The Pacific, because I know absolutely nothing about the Pacific Theatre. I haven't seen Band of Brothers since it came out.

Be forewarned The Pacific has some rather graphic sex scenes.  From what I recall Band of Brothers had one scene but it wasn't graphic.

The Pacific also has very graphic violence and gore. There's one scene a guy is tossing pebbles into a dead Japanese soldier's skull.  Not sure I you're up to that.  My wife seemed to handle but we only watched it once.  Other than that it's highly recommended.
Thanks for the heads up.
My Lord and my God.

Hat And Beard

Rewatching Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade: I still maintain this is the best of the series.

red solo cup

Prometheus. A remake of Alien.
non impediti ratione cogitationis

red solo cup

The Good Shepherd. Not bad.
non impediti ratione cogitationis