Last movie you saw?

Started by tmw89, December 27, 2012, 03:03:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habitual_Ritual

Saw the new Batman last night. I thought it was actually quite excellent, up until the Wonder Woman fight, when the movie turned into a video game. The first 3/4s however were very watchable.
" There exists now an enormous religious ignorance. In the times since the Council it is evident we have failed to pass on the content of the Faith."

(Pope Benedict XVI speaking in October 2002.)

Ulrich Von Lichtenstein

RedCaves

Hardcore Henry.

Haha-haha-ha.

Bonaventure

I Smile Back

Hateful Eight
"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

Ulrich Von Lichtenstein

Larry

"At the evening of life, we shall be judged on our love."-St. John of the Cross

LausTibiChriste

Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

Ulrich Von Lichtenstein

Quote from: LausTibiChriste on April 11, 2016, 01:10:23 PM
Quote from: Larry on April 11, 2016, 11:45:32 AM
Quote from: Bonaventure on April 11, 2016, 01:33:59 AM
Hateful Eight

How was it?

I'm also curious

I saw this a while ago, I didn't think it was very good. It felt too much like Tarantino was just "phoning it in" I think you say, and quite formulaic as though he was simply trying to cobble together a hit film based on what made his previous films successful. I could be entirely wrong about this, but it was how it came across to me when I saw it.

Bernadette

My Lord and my God.

Jacob

Sicario with Emily Blunt, Josh Brolin, and Benicio Del Toro.
"Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time."
--Neal Stephenson

Bonaventure

"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

red solo cup

Children of Men. Not bad.
non impediti ratione cogitationis

Bonaventure

Quote from: Jacob on April 11, 2016, 06:55:33 PM

Is it good? I really want to watch it.

Mac_Benny

Quote from: Bonaventure on April 14, 2016, 10:18:34 AM
Quote from: Jacob on April 11, 2016, 06:55:33 PM

Is it good? I really want to watch it.

Not really

What until it is on Netflix/Amazon

Same tired plot line of idealistic main FBI character and supporting DOD/CIA characters increasingly become the bad guys in main characters view until she tries to stop them.

Mac_Benny

Quote from: Heinrich on March 31, 2016, 02:35:13 PM
Creed. Again.

Anyone see The Revenant?

I did not care for the The Revenant, but others I went with liked it and thought it was a good commentary on the nature of revenge. I guess I did not get that part.