What are you currently reading?

Started by Francisco Suárez, December 26, 2012, 09:48:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hannelore

The Egg and I, by Betty MacDonald. So funny.
My Lord and my God.

red solo cup

The Happy Isles of Oceana. Paddling the Pacific by Paul Theroux
non impediti ratione cogitationis

Acolyte

"From the moment we awake in the morning, let us pray continually in the words of holy David: Turn away my eyes, that they may not behold vanity"
St Alphonsus

"I will set my face against you, and you shall fall down before your enemies, and shall be made subject to them that hate you, you shall flee when no man pursueth you"
Leviticus 26:17

"Behold, O God our protector : and look upon the face of Thy Christ" (Ps. 79:20) Here is devotion to the face of Jesus Christ as prophesized by David."
Fr. Lawrence Daniel Carney III

Lynne

In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Hannelore

The Queen of Hearts, by Wilkie Collins.
My Lord and my God.

red solo cup

Meet The Witnesses Of The Miracle Of The Sun by John Haffert.
One thing I learned from this was that among other phenomena reported by Fatima witnesses, was a strong wind blowing but trees and branches did not move.

Aulef

La Perfeccion Cristiana, by Emilio Gonzalez y Gonzalez.

It is a book that explores the spirituality of Saint Francis of Sales. Great for meditations, for it has the right structure for them.

I don't know whether there is an English translation.
Tota pulchra es, Maria
Et macula originalis non est in Te

TraddingtonBear

The Three Ages of the Interior Life by Garrigou-Lagrange

Tennessean

Michael Wilson

Quote from: Aulef on April 25, 2022, 06:34:28 AM
La Perfeccion Cristiana, by Emilio Gonzalez y Gonzalez.

It is a book that explores the spirituality of Saint Francis of Sales. Great for meditations, for it has the right structure for them.

I don't know whether there is an English translation.
Unfortunately there isn't.
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

red solo cup

The Apostles and Their Times. Archeology, History, and Scripture Unveil What Life Was Really Like During the Apostolic Age by Mike Aquilina

Aulef

I began a new one yesterday. Main objective is meditation as well.

Holy Abandonment, by Dom Vitalis Lehodey.

Tota pulchra es, Maria
Et macula originalis non est in Te

Hannelore

Quote from: red solo cup on May 09, 2022, 03:38:35 AM
The Apostles and Their Times. Archeology, History, and Scripture Unveil What Life Was Really Like During the Apostolic Age by Mike Aquilina
This sounds good.
My Lord and my God.

maryslittlegarden

For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

Mono no aware