Author Topic: Last movie you saw?  (Read 330338 times)

Offline Non Nobis

• Why are you fearful?
  • Mary Garden
  • Feldwebel
  • Religion: Roman Catholic
Re: Last movie you saw?
« Reply #3060 on: January 01, 2020, 07:10:17 PM »
Netflix's The Irishman. Good.

My sister saw that independently of Netflix (it came out earlier).  On her recommendation I will at least be reading the book I Heard You Paint Houses: Frank "The Irishman" Sheeran & Closing the Case on Jimmy Hoffa
[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Offline red solo cup

• John 6:56
  • St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
  • Religion: Fair weather Catholic
« Reply #3061 on: January 02, 2020, 06:27:44 AM »
Not bad. It was weird what they did to De Niro's face to make him look younger.
"It's so lonely 'round the fields of Athenry"

The following users thanked this post: Pon de Replay

Offline martin88nyc

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
  • Religion: Catholic
« Reply #3062 on: January 02, 2020, 11:15:24 AM »

My sister saw that independently of Netflix (it came out earlier).  On her recommendation I will at least be reading the book I Heard You Paint Houses: Frank "The Irishman" Sheeran & Closing the Case on Jimmy Hoffa
They shot some scenes in my neighborhood. St. Matthias Church (my local parish) is featured in one of them.
"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33

Offline martin88nyc

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
  • Religion: Catholic
« Reply #3063 on: January 03, 2020, 11:59:52 PM »
Togo (2019)
Magnificent. One of the best movies of 2019.
"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33