Author Topic: St Patrick Catholic Church, Seattle. Liturgy, not for the faint of heart  (Read 7874 times)

Offline Traditionallyruralmom

• Mary Garden
  • Wachtmeister
  • Raising warriors for Christ and our country!
  • Religion: Traditional Catholic
Re: St Patrick Catholic Church, Seattle. Liturgy, not for the faint of heart
« Reply #45 on: December 16, 2014, 11:02:22 PM »
the scary thing is they link to EWTN and are doing the Catechism of the Good Shepherd, both of which are thought by many non TLM but faithful Catholics to be conservative. 

the photos on this parishes website are yuck, just yuck.  I am so happy to be worse than a satanist with the SSPX.

my son goes to acatechesis of the good shepherd group

that is what had me wondering what is going on at this parish.  I thought that the Catechism of the Good Shepherd was a pretty good program.  But I guess that is the way it is with modernists...you have orthodox mixed with goofy.  So at St Pats, you have Good catechism program for the children, but a horrid Mass with abuses a plenty...
Christus vincit, Christus regnat, Christus imperat.

Offline Chestertonian

• The Stephen Hawking of SD
  • St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Major
  • Eternal Gadfly
  • Religion: Catholic
« Reply #46 on: December 17, 2014, 02:48:30 AM »
the scary thing is they link to EWTN and are doing the Catechism of the Good Shepherd, both of which are thought by many non TLM but faithful Catholics to be conservative. 

the photos on this parishes website are yuck, just yuck.  I am so happy to be worse than a satanist with the SSPX.

my son goes to acatechesis of the good shepherd group

that is what had me wondering what is going on at this parish.  I thought that the Catechism of the Good Shepherd was a pretty good program.  But I guess that is the way it is with modernists...you have orthodox mixed with goofy.  So at St Pats, you have Good catechism program for the children, but a horrid Mass with abuses a plenty...

it's like a lot of things catechezis of the for shepherd can be wonderful when done by the right person and bad when done by the wrong person
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Offline Traditionallyruralmom

• Mary Garden
  • Wachtmeister
  • Raising warriors for Christ and our country!
  • Religion: Traditional Catholic
« Reply #47 on: December 17, 2014, 10:08:54 AM »

my son goes to a catechesis of the good shepherd group

it's like a lot of things catechezis of the for shepherd can be wonderful when done by the right person and bad when done by the wrong person

yes.  perhaps at Ol St Pats, they have felt liturgical dancers to add to the felt board that teaches about the "Worship Service"
Christus vincit, Christus regnat, Christus imperat.