Author Topic: Last movie you saw?  (Read 321015 times)

Offline Elliott

• Wachtmeister
Re: Last movie you saw?
« Reply #375 on: June 30, 2013, 02:59:35 AM »
I watched about ten minutes of Tomb Raider. I remember watching it when it came out. I thought it would be good but it seemed to me that its original popularity may have been due to the immodesty of Angeli Jolie. I couldn't stand it so we turned it off.

Offline Penelope

• Hauptmann
  • Religion: Traditional Roman Catholic
« Reply #376 on: June 30, 2013, 03:20:34 AM »
Fiance and I watched Goldfinger tonight, my second Bond movie ever. I can't believe that that's Sean Connery. I always think of the Indiana Jones version of Sean Connery, but this version is much, much different.

Offline Der Kaiser

• Feldwebel
  • Religion: sedevacantist Catholic
« Reply #377 on: July 01, 2013, 04:53:40 AM »
The Wicker Man. lololol talk about crap
"If a Pope changes the rites of the sacraments he puts himself outside the Church and is Anathema"-Pope Innocent III

"Rome will lose the faith and become the seat of Anti-Christ"-Our Lady of La Sallette

The hebrews have not recognized the lord, therefore we can not recognize the hebrews.-St Pius X

Offline Larry

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
  • Religion: Catholic
« Reply #378 on: July 01, 2013, 05:12:04 PM »

The original with Christopher Lee, or the remake with Nicolas Cage? Both are not great viewing because they have a nihilistic world view, but at least Lee gives a good performance in the original.

Last movie I watched was EL CID with Charlton Heston on Blu-ray. A very good movie, and something that would never be made today unless Mel Gibson did it. It reminded me of BRAVEHEART in a lot of ways, but Cid had more compassion and virtue than William Wallace, though I'm sure both movies take a lot of liberties with the facts.
"At the evening of life, we shall be judged on our love."-St. John of the Cross

Offline LouisIX

• Oberstleutnant
  • Hauptmann
  • "Libtard"-in-Residence
« Reply #379 on: July 01, 2013, 05:42:28 PM »

The original with Christopher Lee, or the remake with Nicolas Cage? Both are not great viewing because they have a nihilistic world view, but at least Lee gives a good performance in the original.

Last movie I watched was EL CID with Charlton Heston on Blu-ray. A very good movie, and something that would never be made today unless Mel Gibson did it. It reminded me of BRAVEHEART in a lot of ways, but Cid had more compassion and virtue than William Wallace, though I'm sure both movies take a lot of liberties with the facts.

Yeah, the original isn't a great but it's pretty creepy.
IF I speak with the tongues of men, and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

Offline Larry

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
« Reply #380 on: July 01, 2013, 06:27:24 PM »

Yeah, the original isn't a great but it's pretty creepy.

Yeah, it's pretty unsettling.

Offline Der Kaiser

• Feldwebel
« Reply #381 on: July 01, 2013, 08:47:12 PM »

The Nicholas Cage one. I think the original is a very good horror film. Really creepy in parts too. The Nikki Cage one was just horrible from start to finish.
"If a Pope changes the rites of the sacraments he puts himself outside the Church and is Anathema"-Pope Innocent III

"Rome will lose the faith and become the seat of Anti-Christ"-Our Lady of La Sallette

The hebrews have not recognized the lord, therefore we can not recognize the hebrews.-St Pius X

Offline Hat And Beard

• Wachtmeister
« Reply #382 on: July 01, 2013, 09:12:57 PM »
The Nicholas Cage one. I think the original is a very good horror film. Really creepy in parts too. The Nikki Cage one was just horrible from start to finish.
You mean that you hadn't heard that before watching it? I thought it was supposed to be the movie that really showed that Nicholas Cage was going down hill. :D

Offline Der Kaiser

• Feldwebel
« Reply #383 on: July 01, 2013, 09:45:36 PM »
You mean that you hadn't heard that before watching it? I thought it was supposed to be the movie that really showed that Nicholas Cage was going down hill. :D

Oh yeah I heard about it, but I still thought I'd watch it just to see for myself. The BEEEES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline LouisIX

• Oberstleutnant
  • Hauptmann
  • "Libtard"-in-Residence
« Reply #384 on: July 01, 2013, 09:48:23 PM »
IF I speak with the tongues of men, and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

Offline Larry

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
« Reply #385 on: July 01, 2013, 10:10:33 PM »
 :lol:

Offline Heinrich

• Steig mal auf den Berg hinauf
  • St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
  • Roter Fleisch, der Speck und Bourbon
  • Religion: römisch-katholisch
« Reply #386 on: July 01, 2013, 10:53:21 PM »
If 20 minutes count as watching a movie, it was Skyfall. 20 painful minutes.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Offline Archer

• Hauptmann
  • Slow is smooth, smooth is fast, fast is lethal.
« Reply #387 on: July 01, 2013, 11:22:50 PM »

I agree, it was a terrible movie. 
"All the good works in the world are not equal to the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass because they are the works of men; but the Mass is the work of God. Martyrdom is nothing in comparison for it is but the sacrifice of man to God; but the Mass is the sacrifice of God for man." - St. John Vianney

Offline Penelope

• Hauptmann
  • Religion: Traditional Roman Catholic
« Reply #388 on: July 02, 2013, 02:25:33 AM »

I agree, it was a terrible movie.

:(  I really liked it. It was my first ever Bond movie, though, so I didn't have much to compare it with.

Offline LouisIX

• Oberstleutnant
  • Hauptmann
  • "Libtard"-in-Residence
Last movie you saw?
« Reply #389 on: July 02, 2013, 04:30:41 AM »

It was definitely bad but it looked good.