Last movie you saw?

Started by tmw89, December 27, 2012, 03:03:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adeodatus

That's offset by Jennifer Lawrence being essentially naked for the entire movie. Whereas they only force you to look at Hugh Jackman's butt for a few seconds.

Most girls aren't as cool as my wife, who actively suggests watching comic book movies. So the womenfolk overall probably need some inducement to attend the show. I take it that Jackman fills this role.
¡Viva Cristo Rey!
Sh'ma Yisrael Adonai Eloheinu Adonai E?ad

Heinrich

Quote from: Adeodatus on June 06, 2014, 11:10:04 AM
That's offset by Jennifer Lawrence being essentially naked for the entire movie. Whereas they only force you to look at Hugh Jackman's butt for a few seconds.

Most girls aren't as cool as my wife, who actively suggests watching comic book movies. So the womenfolk overall probably need some inducement to attend the show. I take it that Jackman fills this role.

Not trying to be priggish(srs), I find it near occasion of sin when scantily clad women are on the screen. I tend to stay away from modern movies. For my wife and daughter, I would think that a buff Wolverine would lead them to the same concerns. Again, just me.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Larry

Quote from: Adeodatus on June 06, 2014, 10:15:46 AM
I took my wife to see X-Men. There wasn't anything wrong with it... it was an enjoyable watch.

I liked it too.
"At the evening of life, we shall be judged on our love."-St. John of the Cross

Larry

Quote from: Heinrich on June 06, 2014, 11:15:24 AM
Quote from: Adeodatus on June 06, 2014, 11:10:04 AM

Not trying to be priggish(srs), I find it near occasion of sin when scantily clad women are on the screen. I tend to stay away from modern movies. For my wife and daughter, I would think that a buff Wolverine would lead them to the same concerns. Again, just me.

Jennifer Lawrence was so coated in blue makeup that she didn't have any effect on me. Frankly, she's more of a temptation when she's wearing a nice dress.

Chestertonian

Yeah blue mutant chicks with Ziggy stardust mullets don't do it for me
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Larry

Superman III. A friend and I got some good laughs watching this fun, cheesy eighties flick.

Older Salt

"Lone Survivor" with Mark Wahlberg.

Best new film I have seen since "Bella".

Incredible story of Natural Love and Bravery.
Stay away from the near occasion of sin

Unless one is deeply attached to the Blessed Virgin Mary, now in time, it impossible to attain salvation.

Archer

Quote from: Older Salt on June 07, 2014, 11:02:32 AM
"Lone Survivor" with Mark Wahlberg.

Best new film I have seen since "Bella".

Incredible story of Natural Love and Bravery.

Great movie, made even better because it was fairly accurate. I've seen it twice.
"All the good works in the world are not equal to the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass because they are the works of men; but the Mass is the work of God. Martyrdom is nothing in comparison for it is but the sacrifice of man to God; but the Mass is the sacrifice of God for man." - St. John Vianney

Chestertonian

I've heard that wahlberg of a practicing Catholic
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

totiusque

Now You See Me
The Spanish Prisoner

Both movies are known for having a "twist ending", and they did a fair enough job with them to make them entertaining.  I preferred the former, but both were decent flicks.  Of course, they aren't as good as my favorite "twist" movies - Usual Suspects, Memento, Prestige, Primal Fear, etc.

Quote from: Chestertonian on June 07, 2014, 07:51:27 PM
I've heard that wahlberg of a practicing Catholic

Yes, and he talks about it quite a bit.  However, some of his movie choices leave a lot to be desired, so I'd guess that his career takes center stage over his faith.  I've never seen it, but I hear the movie "Ted" is absolutely terrible and raunchy.
"Whenever anything disagreeable or displeasing happens to you, remember Christ crucified and be silent."
—St John of the Cross

The Harlequin King

I saw X-Men: Days of Future Past yesterday. I actually think it may be the best film in the series. Maybe.

Larry

Quote from: The Harlequin King on June 07, 2014, 11:41:21 PM
I saw X-Men: Days of Future Past yesterday. I actually think it may be the best film in the series. Maybe.

It's either the new one or X2. Both are great. I just wish they would bring Nightcrawler back.

red solo cup

Arn: The Knight Templar. Very good.
non impediti ratione cogitationis

Angelorum

Tokyo Godfathers - such a heartfelt and amazing masterpiece.
"All men naturally desire to know, but what does knowledge avail without the fear of God? Indeed an humble peasant, that serves God, is better than a proud philosopher, who neglecting himself, considers the course of the heavens." - Thomas à Kempis, Imitation of Christ

Larry

Plan 9 From Outer Space