Author Topic: Last Person to Post Wins!  (Read 22819 times)

Offline Neopelagianus

• Wachtmeister
  • Religion: Catholicism
Re: Last Person to Post Wins!
« Reply #180 on: May 31, 2017, 12:20:19 PM »
I didn't noticed that I was actually crowned with many laurel leaves!
Indeed, the true friends of the people are neither revolutionaries, nor innovators: they are traditionalists. - Saint Pius X

I am a نصارى

"Not to oppose error is to approve it, and not to defend truth is to suppress it, and indeed to neglect to confound evil men, when we can do it, is no less a sin than to encourage them."
-Pope St. Felix III

"I would rather be a street-sweep rather than be a head of your schismatic church" (Prefiero ser lampazero a ser la cabeza de su jerarquia cismatica)

- Bishop Jorge Imperial Barlin, first native Filipino bishop  to Gregorio Aglipay after the latter offered the him to be the "bishop" of his "church".

Offline martin88nyc

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
  • Religion: Catholic
« Reply #181 on: May 31, 2017, 04:18:56 PM »
Jawohl!
"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33

Offline MiserereDomine

• Sir Lord Master Chief Sir
  • St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hellebardier
  • Religion: Roman Catholic
« Reply #182 on: June 01, 2017, 12:15:27 AM »
Hoh hyoh hyoh hoiiiiii

Not so fast, mateys! THIS one's gonna win!

Offline Prayerful

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
« Reply #183 on: June 07, 2017, 12:55:29 PM »
 :cheeseheadbeer:

victory, couldn't do it without.....me.

:P
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

Offline Non Nobis

• Why are you fearful?
  • Mary Garden
  • Feldwebel
« Reply #184 on: June 07, 2017, 05:06:23 PM »
I wonder if Arun is lurking here and realizes he didn't win after all.  He last posted on this thread August 18, 2015 ... the next post was May 25, 2017 by MiserereDomine.

I don't really care for the thrill of victory for this particular contest, so someone please post. I suppose I am taking a risk by posting.
 ;D
[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Offline Prayerful

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
« Reply #185 on: June 07, 2017, 05:13:26 PM »
I wonder if Arun is lurking here and realizes he didn't win after all.  He last posted on this thread August 18, 2015 ... the next post was May 25, 2017 by MiserereDomine.

I don't really care for the thrill of victory for this particular contest, so someone please post. I suppose I am taking a risk by posting.
 ;D

Vae victis

:lol:
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

The following users thanked this post: Non Nobis

Offline Carleendiane

• Mary Garden
  • Major
  • all aboard the "struggle bus"
  • Religion: Traditional Catholic
« Reply #186 on: June 07, 2017, 05:17:43 PM »
Sorry Prayerful. Now this is one game I CAN play. Besides euchre.  :)
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Offline Prayerful

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
« Reply #187 on: June 07, 2017, 05:39:42 PM »
 :-\

There is no winner more deserving or humble than I. I'm humbler than Francis, the most humble ever.

Offline Pheo

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
« Reply #188 on: June 07, 2017, 07:28:11 PM »
I salute your heroic humility!
Son, when thou comest to the service of God, stand in justice and in fear, and prepare thy soul for temptation.

Offline Carleendiane

• Mary Garden
  • Major
« Reply #189 on: June 07, 2017, 07:36:52 PM »
I salute your heroic humility!

Pheo, it is quite disingenuous of you to hail his humility, so you can appear more humble than poor prayerful.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Offline Pheo

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
« Reply #190 on: June 07, 2017, 07:47:50 PM »
I see what you did there.  But I meant to ask if you could spare one of those iced coffees with amaretto?  Please respond in the other thread.

;)
Son, when thou comest to the service of God, stand in justice and in fear, and prepare thy soul for temptation.

The following users thanked this post: Carleendiane

Offline Carleendiane

• Mary Garden
  • Major
« Reply #191 on: June 07, 2017, 08:42:36 PM »
Dear Pheo, I think right here is perfect, thank you very much. And yes.....if you scoot over to "go to bed", I will have all that is needed to make you a lovely, refreshing cold amaretto coffee. Go now. I'll meet you over there.  :D

Offline Gardener

• Drink the poison yourself.
  • St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
« Reply #192 on: June 07, 2017, 11:45:25 PM »
^^^ You've all now lost thus far.
"And what use are the victories on the battlefield if we are ourselves are defeated in our innermost personal selves?" - St. Maximilian Kolbe

Providence is a present mystery by which our hope is confirmed and our faith solidified, if we give not into despair or disbelief.

Woe is me, because I have held my peace. Isaiah 6

Offline CilantroTamales

• Hellebardier
  • AS/400 ftw
« Reply #193 on: July 29, 2017, 06:45:32 PM »
Did I win?  :D

Offline Kaesekopf

• Enkindle in us the virtues of humility and patience So we too may obediently do your will faithfully.
  • Oberst
  • Major
    • Suscipe Domine
« Reply #194 on: July 29, 2017, 07:15:06 PM »
No

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.