Author Topic: Word document deleted itself when saving  (Read 3079 times)

Offline Akavit

• Feldwebel
    • Traditional Catholic Furniture and Woodwork
  • Religion: Catholic
Re: Word document deleted itself when saving
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2014, 02:50:34 PM »
Now that you have the file, start keeping proper backups.  For the most important work, I'll often save as a new version for each new day.  Drive space is cheap and Word documents take very little room.

You'll want to store copies on a separate drive and/or online backup to protect against drive failures, fires, etc.

Offline Kaesekopf

• Enkindle in us the virtues of humility and patience So we too may obediently do your will faithfully.
  • Oberst
  • Major
    • Suscipe Domine
  • Religion: Catholic
« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2014, 03:16:43 PM »
Dropbox is good for backups.

USB flash drives are dirt cheap. 

Make backups often. 
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Offline Lynne

• happy to be Catholic!
  • Mary Garden
  • Hauptmann
  • We're all special snowflakes
  • Religion: Catholic (SSPX)
« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2014, 03:21:26 PM »

Make backups often.

I like BackBlaze which backs up to the cloud, automatically (which means I don't need to remember to do it)  :)
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael’s Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

“My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you’re supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen.”

Offline EcceQuamBonum

• Wachtmeister
« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2014, 04:10:37 PM »

Make backups often.

Also, ingratiate yourself with the NSA. I'm sure they have a record of your every keystroke and would be more than happy to do you a solid in the future.  ;D
"Sero Te amavi, Pulchritudo tam antiqua et tam nova.  Sero Te amavi!"-Confessions, X.27

"You've thought about eternity for twenty-five minutes and think you've come to some interesting conclusions."--http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRujuE-GIY4