Author Topic: 3000 Posts // Words of Hope, Maybe?  (Read 635 times)

Offline OCLittleFlower

• Mary Garden
  • Hauptmann
  • CALIFORNIA DEPLORABLE
  • Religion: Trad to the max!
3000 Posts // Words of Hope, Maybe?
« on: March 17, 2014, 09:26:29 PM »
This will give me 3000 posts.

I wish I had something peppy and funny and what all to say, but I'm pretty beat-to-heck emotionally right now.

I'd love some prayers -- and if anyone knows any good quotes from scripture or the saints about keeping hope alive and such, that would be great, too.
-- currently writing a Trad romance entitled Flirting with Sedevacantism --

Если вы можете прочитать это, вы лучше.

Offline drummerboy

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
  • Religion: Indomitable Spirit
Re: 3000 Posts // Words of Hope, Maybe?
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2014, 10:26:26 PM »
Ya gotta keep on keep it on! Life's a garden: dig it. ;)

Happy 3000!

Offline dymphna17

• Mary Garden
  • Hauptmann
  • Be still and know that I am God
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2014, 10:29:28 PM »
Happy 3000th!  I'm sorry you are feeling so low and pray tomorrow will be better.  St. Jude is who comes into mind for the patron saint of hope.  Here's a prayer for you.   

Oh glorious apostle St. Jude, faithful servant and friend of Jesus, the name of the traitor who delivered thy beloved Master into the hands of His enemies has caused thee to be forgotten by many, but the Church honors and invokes thee universally as the patron of hopeless cases--of things despaired of. Pray for me who am so miserable; make use, I implore thee, of that particular privilege accorded thee of bringing visible and speedy help where help is almost despaired of. Come to my assistance in this great need, that I may receive the consolations and succor of heaven in all my necessities, tribulations and sufferings, particularly (mention your request), and that I may bless God with thee and all the elect throughout eternity. I promise thee, O blessed St. Jude, to be ever mindful of this great favor, and I will never cease to honor thee as my special and powerful patron, and to do all in my power to encourage devotion to thee. Amen    :pray3:
ن
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

“Don’t waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you’ll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master.”– Mother Angelica

Offline Archer

• Hauptmann
  • Slow is smooth, smooth is fast, fast is lethal.
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2014, 08:19:13 PM »
I just hit 3,000 too.  Here's to joining the 3k+ club.  :beer:

"Pray, Hope, and don't worry." - St. Padre Pio. 
"All the good works in the world are not equal to the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass because they are the works of men; but the Mass is the work of God. Martyrdom is nothing in comparison for it is but the sacrifice of man to God; but the Mass is the sacrifice of God for man." - St. John Vianney

Offline OCLittleFlower

• Mary Garden
  • Hauptmann
  • CALIFORNIA DEPLORABLE
  • Religion: Trad to the max!
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2014, 02:16:51 AM »
Thanks all.  It really helps.

St. Joseph's feast is tomorrow -- I pray he will comfort us.  <3
-- currently writing a Trad romance entitled Flirting with Sedevacantism --

Если вы можете прочитать это, вы лучше.

Offline maryslittlegarden

• Mary Garden
  • Feldwebel
  • Religion: Catholic
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2014, 09:18:48 AM »
Exodus 14:14
 The Lord will fight for you, and you shall hold your peace.

O God, who dost purify Thy Church by the yearly observance of Lent: grant to Thy household, that what we strive to obtain from Thee by abstinence, we may achieve by good works. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth world without end.

Offline Michael Wilson

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
  • Religion: Catholic
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2014, 10:52:11 AM »
Congratulations and prayers!
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers