Author Topic: Disney Song in 25 Languages  (Read 1385 times)

Offline Ancilla Domini

• Mary Garden
  • Feldwebel
Disney Song in 25 Languages
« on: February 26, 2014, 09:56:44 PM »
Disney actually recorded the soundtrack for the film Frozen in 41 languages. 25 of them are featured here in the song Let It Go.

Offline Landless Laborer

• Wachtmeister
  • Assarting we will go ♫
  • Religion: Ukrainian Catholic
Re: Disney Song in 25 Languages
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2014, 12:50:56 PM »
That's cool.  Speaking of the multilingual....  The funny thing is, i didn't stumble upon Fr. Malachi Martin while researching Catholicism.  I found him a few years earlier on some website or forum that covered polyglots (they fascinate me).  Besides his masters degrees in theology and philosophy, and doctorates in archeology, history, and semitic languages,  his impeccable fortitude confronting demons and his vast knowledge of the internal workings of the Vatican (the area of expertise which most of us appreciate him for)....he is world famous among people who are gifted in language acquisition, and they are only vaguely aware of his other accomplishments!!   
People with these level of brilliance only come along once in a great, great while.  I regard Fr. Malachi somewhere up there with Newton, da Vinci, etc.   :tongue:  There are mixed reports on how many languages he mastered, he never boasted about it.  But the place where i stumbled upon Fr., said it was 17.

Okay, somehow i've drifted into another derailment.   But i thought this might be a good time to mention this dimension of Fr Malachi that some Catholics may not be aware of. 

Offline Ancilla Domini

• Mary Garden
  • Feldwebel
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2014, 02:07:23 PM »
That's cool.  Speaking of the multilingual....  The funny thing is, i didn't stumble upon Fr. Malachi Martin while researching Catholicism.  I found him a few years earlier on some website or forum that covered polyglots (they fascinate me).  Besides his masters degrees in theology and philosophy, and doctorates in archeology, history, and semitic languages,  his impeccable fortitude confronting demons and his vast knowledge of the internal workings of the Vatican (the area of expertise which most of us appreciate him for)....he is world famous among people who are gifted in language acquisition, and they are only vaguely aware of his other accomplishments!!   
People with these level of brilliance only come along once in a great, great while.  I regard Fr. Malachi somewhere up there with Newton, da Vinci, etc.   :tongue:  There are mixed reports on how many languages he mastered, he never boasted about it.  But the place where i stumbled upon Fr., said it was 17.

Okay, somehow i've drifted into another derailment.   But i thought this might be a good time to mention this dimension of Fr Malachi that some Catholics may not be aware of. 

I wasn't aware of that. :)

Offline Ancilla Domini

• Mary Garden
  • Feldwebel
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2014, 02:12:50 PM »
With regard to the video though, I should probably point out that it is not performed by a polyglot. Disney actually found 41 different singers, each native speakers of the language they perform in. But they all sound amazingly similar to Idina Menzel. If I didn't know otherwise, I would have sworn they were all the same voice.   

Offline OCLittleFlower

• Mary Garden
  • Hauptmann
  • CALIFORNIA DEPLORABLE
  • Religion: Trad to the max!
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2014, 04:57:42 PM »
With regard to the video though, I should probably point out that it is not performed by a polyglot. Disney actually found 41 different singers, each native speakers of the language they perform in. But they all sound amazingly similar to Idina Menzel. If I didn't know otherwise, I would have sworn they were all the same voice.   

Yup.

And even if one woman could imitate another language, it isn't the same as being able to speak it.  Celine Dion didn't speak much/any English when she recorded her first album in the US. 

Of course, sometimes, imitating rather than speaking a language winds up quite terrible, especially if there isn't a fluent speaker to "check your work."  (See a little after the 1.30 mark in this video.)

Keep in mind, this young woman WON the competition.  And she does sound quite good when she sings in Russian. 

Edit:  Here's a "worse" example of her singing in English.

« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 05:01:30 PM by OCLittleFlower »
-- currently writing a Trad romance entitled Flirting with Sedevacantism --

Если вы можете прочитать это, вы лучше.

Offline Landless Laborer

• Wachtmeister
  • Assarting we will go ♫
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2014, 01:13:49 PM »
Yes for sure, i thought it was one singer!  But no, i didn't think she was a polyglot.  I can sing and pray in Greek like a native!  Haha.  But i couldn't buy a ticket at a Greek train depot.   :-[
I can still sing French songs that i learned when i was 5 and 6 years old.  Songs stick like nothing else.  And prayers do to. 

Offline Landless Laborer

• Wachtmeister
  • Assarting we will go ♫
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2014, 01:19:53 PM »
And even if one woman could imitate another language, it isn't the same as being able to speak it.  Celine Dion didn't speak much/any English when she recorded her first album in the US. 
That gal is a very good singer!  But no one can replace Celine, my fav for all time.   :)  I admit i have rather envied her husband at certain points in my life.   ::)  But who knows what she's really like in private, she is a diva after all.   :shrug: