Author Topic: 3D Printed “Exoskeleton” Lets a Little Girl Lift Her Arms and Play  (Read 639 times)

Offline Kaesekopf

• Enkindle in us the virtues of humility and patience So we too may obediently do your will faithfully.
  • Oberst
  • Major
    • Suscipe Domine
  • Religion: Catholic
I found this through my (old) job.

Through the use of 3D printing, researchers designed a custom robotic exoskeleton for a young girl with a congenital disorder, enabling her to conquer greatly limited joint mobility and underdeveloped muscles. (Video: Stratasys)
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Offline voxxpopulisuxx

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
  • If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.
  • Religion: duhhhhh
Re: 3D Printed “Exoskeleton” Lets a Little Girl Lift Her Arms and Play
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2014, 10:05:06 AM »
Dont let the creeps at healthcaredotgov see this...theyll tax and sue it out of existance!
Lord Jesus Christ Most High Son of God have Mercy On Me a Sinner (Jesus Prayer)

“You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore.” – Christopher Columbus
911!
"Let my name stand among those who are willing to bear ridicule and reproach for the truth's sake, and so earn some right to rejoice when the victory is won. "— Louisa May Alcott

“From man’s sweat and God’s love, beer came into the world.”St. Arnold (580-640)

Geocentrism holds no possible atheistic downside.

Offline Chestertonian

• The Stephen Hawking of SD
  • St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Major
  • Eternal Gadfly
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2014, 03:59:57 PM »
THis is pretty awesome.  I have a friend with muscular dystrophy who can't move her arms.  These things are often very expensive and she just got one.  I think it had been about 2 years since she had hugged her fiance but she was able to give him a hug for the first time.  pretty incredible.  They can also attach to a wheelchair.
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Offline verenaerin

• Mary Garden
  • Hauptmann
  • mother of a tiny tribe
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2014, 04:36:56 PM »
Yay for science and wonderfully inventive men!