Author Topic: Last Tango in Argentina for former Cardinal Bergoglio  (Read 1768 times)

Offline Parresia

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
  • Religion: Catholic. Straight, no chaser.
Last Tango in Argentina for former Cardinal Bergoglio
« on: November 13, 2013, 09:59:25 PM »
http://veneremurcernui.wordpress.com/2013/11/13/last-tango-in-argentina-for-former-cardinal-bergoglio/

Uff da. I think it’s after Mass.  But Cardinal Bergoglio was definitely there. Not sure when this if from. It looks local to Argentina. What a sad Mass. I bet the median age of those in attendance is well above 70.  I bet not even 10% of the participants are under 60.  This must have been a special Mass to attract the Cardinal Archbishop, but attendance seems moderate, at best. Thank goodness they got elderly women to bear the candles up the processional (not).

The festivities end with a languid tango.  Not the best effort.  Maybe they were a special couple celebrating their 90th wedding anniversary or something.  I had a very hard time hearing the audio (esp. Bergoglio’s, he speaks very quietly), and my verbal Spanish is so-so at best (and its heavily biased towards Castillian – conother, and all that), so I could not really tell what was going on.  I’m sure one of you will enlighten me.

Is the tango after Mass? Does that make a big difference?  Are you like me, and find it offensive when a beautiful old church is gutted and sanctuary moved 50 ft (or much more) out into the nave?  Is it ever appropriate to have dancing in front of the altar?  Does a bishop visiting at a parish bear any responsibility for what goes on?  What is the appropriate response – to walk off when the shenanigans begin?  Is a tango after Mass worse than a balloon Mass?  And where does the belly dancing serpent fondling circus Mass fall in the spectrum?

When can we make the Mass primarily about rendering glory and worship to God, oriented towards our need for forgiveness and utter dependence on Grace for salvation?

h/t Mundabor and reader TG

Great googly moogly.  My head hurts. 

Offline Basilios

• Copiosa Apud Eum Redemptio
  • St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
  • Not holy enough for the NO
  • Religion: Eclessia Dei Trad
Re: Last Tango in Argentina for former Cardinal Bergoglio
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2013, 02:06:13 AM »
Yes. This is appropriate. I see much reward in heaven for this. Particularly for the woman in finding an appropriately tight dress. Just last week I moonwalked past the altar as part of the post-Mass celebration.
Set a watch, O Lord, before my mouth: and a door round about my lips. Incline not my heart to evil words.

Offline Parresia

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2013, 10:01:26 AM »
Yes. This is appropriate. I see much reward in heaven for this. Particularly for the woman in finding an appropriately tight dress. Just last week I moonwalked past the altar as part of the post-Mass celebration.

I prefer the Dougie, but to each his own. 

Offline ImperialGuardsman

• Born in the wrong era
  • St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Wachtmeister
  • No, you can't wear bunny ears to Mass...
  • Religion: Catholic
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2013, 06:52:14 PM »

Sometimes we twerk during the confiteor.  'tis quite penitential.
"One would be straying from the straight path were he to wish the altar restored to its primitive tableform; were he to want black excluded as a color for the liturgical vestments; were he to forbid the use of sacred images and statues in Churches...and lastly were he to disdain and reject polyphonic music or singing in parts, even where it conforms to regulations issued by the Holy See." - Ven. Pope Pius XII

"You've thought about eternity for twenty-five minutes and think you've come to some interesting conclusions."--http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRujuE-GIY4  (Stolen from EcceQuamBonum's signature)

America, that great bastion of the Enlightenment, is the destroyer of all religions.--LouisIX

Offline Parresia

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2013, 07:27:35 PM »

It would be for me, and for anyone watching likely. 

Offline INPEFESS

• Please remember me in your rosary intentions.
  • Feldwebel
  • >))))))º> † <º((((((<
  • Religion: (traditional) Catholic
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2013, 07:49:45 PM »

Isn't that the equivalent of imitating sex on the dance floor?

I realize that you're just trying to make light of a terribly depressing situation in an effort to keep your sanity (something we're all trying to do), but is that really appropriate to be joking about doing during the confiteor?

Isn't there anything too sacred that we should draw the line with regard to joking about profaning it?
I  n
N omine
P atris,
E t
F ilii,
E t
S piritus
S ancti

>))))))º> "Wherefore, brethren, labour the more, that by good works you may make sure your calling and election. For doing these things, you shall not sin at any time" (II Peter 1:10). <º((((((<

Offline ImperialGuardsman

• Born in the wrong era
  • St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Wachtmeister
  • No, you can't wear bunny ears to Mass...
  • Religion: Catholic
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2013, 10:46:56 PM »

Isn't that the equivalent of imitating sex on the dance floor?

I realize that you're just trying to make light of a terribly depressing situation in an effort to keep your sanity (something we're all trying to do), but is that really appropriate to be joking about doing during the confiteor?

Isn't there anything too sacred that we should draw the line with regard to joking about profaning it?

Twerking is certainly sexual, though it seems so ridiculous in nature that I wouldn't consider it an imitation.  It very well may be.

I suppose that I did cross a line and apologize.   I imagnine that I am rather desensitized to the idea of the profane and so I don't think much before I speak.  I'm certan all of you know I would never stand for it if this did occur as Mass.
"One would be straying from the straight path were he to wish the altar restored to its primitive tableform; were he to want black excluded as a color for the liturgical vestments; were he to forbid the use of sacred images and statues in Churches...and lastly were he to disdain and reject polyphonic music or singing in parts, even where it conforms to regulations issued by the Holy See." - Ven. Pope Pius XII

"You've thought about eternity for twenty-five minutes and think you've come to some interesting conclusions."--http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRujuE-GIY4  (Stolen from EcceQuamBonum's signature)

America, that great bastion of the Enlightenment, is the destroyer of all religions.--LouisIX