The Founding of Suscipe Domine Forum

Started by Jayne, November 18, 2013, 07:55:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jayne

Is there an official date for the starting of this forum?  It must be coming up soon.  Will we be doing anything to celebrate? 
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

Penelope

There is. December 26 will be our first anniversary. Cheers!

Jayne

Quote from: Penelope on November 18, 2013, 08:01:16 PM

Is anyone interested in collecting a spiritual bouquet during the month before the anniversary?  If so, would there be a way to set it up so that it is anonymous?

(Don't worry.  It isn't really Pelagian. :) )

INPEFESS

Quote from: Jayne on November 19, 2013, 05:38:29 PM
Quote from: Penelope on November 18, 2013, 08:01:16 PM

Is anyone interested in collecting a spiritual bouquet during the month before the anniversary?

Absolutely!
I  n
N omine
P atris,
E t
F ilii,
E t
S piritus
S ancti

>))))))º> "Wherefore, brethren, labour the more, that by good works you may make sure your calling and election. For doing these things, you shall not sin at any time" (II Peter 1:10). <º((((((<

Kaesekopf

I'd be up for that.

I can set up a Google Doc for you to go to and submit what you have done.  It'd be anonymous. 

What acts should be included?
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Archer

"All the good works in the world are not equal to the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass because they are the works of men; but the Mass is the work of God. Martyrdom is nothing in comparison for it is but the sacrifice of man to God; but the Mass is the sacrifice of God for man." - St. John Vianney

maryslittlegarden

Quote from: Kaesekopf on November 19, 2013, 09:31:48 PM
I'd be up for that.

I can set up a Google Doc for you to go to and submit what you have done.  It'd be anonymous. 

Side note, I looooove Google Docs.
For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

Jayne

Quote from: Archer on November 20, 2013, 09:13:55 AM

Beer drinking with prizes for the winners.

I was hoping for ideas from people who know more about this than I do (which is probably most people) but I'm pretty sure that this is not normally included in a spiritual bouquet.

maryslittlegarden

Quote from: Jayne on November 20, 2013, 12:11:20 PM

I was hoping for ideas from people who know more about this than I do (which is probably most people) but I'm pretty sure that this is not normally included in a spiritual bouquet.
:beer: :beer:
Advent is coming up, can't the beer drinking be part of the Advent fast?   ;) ;)
For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

Larry

Quote from: maryslittlegarden on November 20, 2013, 02:59:09 PM

Advent is coming up, can't the beer drinking be part of the Advent fast?   ;) ;)

I was once told by a Trad priest that the Advent and Lenten fasts have nothing to do with liquids, only solid food. ;)
"At the evening of life, we shall be judged on our love."-St. John of the Cross

maryslittlegarden

Quote from: Larry S. on November 21, 2013, 04:15:19 AM

I was once told by a Trad priest that the Advent and Lenten fasts have nothing to do with liquids, only solid food. ;)

Mine was kind of a side (or snide perhaps) reference to this article from a couple of years ago.
http://www.catholicherald.co.uk/news/2011/03/09/man-vows-to-fast-on-beer-during-lent/

Larry

Quote from: maryslittlegarden on November 21, 2013, 03:14:40 PM
Quote from: Larry S. on November 21, 2013, 04:15:19 AM

Mine was kind of a side (or snide perhaps) reference to this article from a couple of years ago.
http://www.catholicherald.co.uk/news/2011/03/09/man-vows-to-fast-on-beer-during-lent/

Whoa. "I love beer, so I'm gonna drink it throughout Lent". Makes sense. :P
"At the evening of life, we shall be judged on our love."-St. John of the Cross

maryslittlegarden

Quote from: Larry S. on November 21, 2013, 03:54:56 PM
Whoa. "I love beer, so I'm gonna drink it throughout Lent". Makes sense. :P

I have a feeling that would become penitential very quickly. 

Jayne

Anyhow, I was serious about a spiritual bouquet, but I don't how to organize it.  I was hoping for some help or advice, rather than a discussion of beer.

maryslittlegarden

Hmmm...people could promise to have x number of masses said or to pray x number of rosaries.