Author Topic: "Climate Change"  (Read 1283 times)

Offline Megmary

• Hellebardier
  • Religion: Traditional Roman Catholic
"Climate Change"
« on: November 04, 2013, 05:21:41 PM »
For one of my classes I have to write a short paragraph discussing this topic. Can anyone recommend a good source that has honest facts about this and is not filled with propaganda?

Thanks!  :)
Fatima Prayers:
"O my God. I believe. I adore. I hope and I love Thee. I ask pardon for those who do not believe, do not adore, do not hope and do not love Thee."
"Most Holy Trinity. I adore Thee! My God, my God, I love Thee in the Most Blessed Sacrament."
"O my Jesus, forgive us our sins, save us from the fire of Hell, lead all souls to Heaven, especially those who have most need of Thy mercy."

Offline MilesChristi

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
  • Santiago Matamoros, Ora pro Nobis
  • Religion: Catholic
Re: "Climate Change"
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2013, 08:53:44 PM »
or you could be sly and discuss the economic effects (or environmental effects) of a rise in temperature. Not stating your beliefs on the subject, but rather an if then paper. Discuss what would happen if such a rise were to occur from current temperature.

Wise as serpent
The world is charged with the grandeur of God.
    It will flame out, like shining from shook foil;
    It gathers to a greatness, like the ooze of oil
Crushed. Why do men then now not reck his rod?
Generations have trod, have trod, have trod;
    And all is seared with trade; bleared, smeared with toil;
    And wears man's smudge and shares man's smell: the soil
Is bare now, nor can foot feel, being shod.

And for all this, nature is never spent;
    There lives the dearest freshness deep down things;
And though the last lights off the black West went
    Oh, morning, at the brown brink eastward, springs —
Because the Holy Ghost over the bent
    World broods with warm breast and with ah! bright wings.

Offline Roland Deschain

• Wachtmeister
  • St John Chrysostom, ora pro nobis!
  • Religion: Catholic
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2013, 09:43:06 PM »
For one of my classes I have to write a short paragraph discussing this topic. Can anyone recommend a good source that has honest facts about this and is not filled with propaganda?

Thanks!  :)

The Weather Channel.
‘Since Moses was alone, by having been stripped as it were of the people’s fear, he boldly approached the very darkness itself and entered the invisible things where he was no longer seen by those watching. After he entered the inner sanctuary of the divine mystical doctrine, there, while not being seen, he was in company with the Invisible. He teaches, I think, by the things he did that the one who is going to associate intimately with God must go beyond all that is visible and—lifting up his own mind, as to a mountaintop, to the invisible and incomprehensible—believe that the divine is there where the understanding does not reach.’

—St Gregory of Nyssa

Offline Guapo

• Wachtmeister
  • Religion: Trad!
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2013, 10:09:21 PM »
  :beer:
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 05:19:19 AM by Guapo »

Offline Megmary

• Hellebardier
  • Religion: Traditional Roman Catholic
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2013, 11:20:46 AM »
Guapo, I saw your post with the sources and meant to reply. I think global warming is a hoax, too.

Fatima Prayers:
"O my God. I believe. I adore. I hope and I love Thee. I ask pardon for those who do not believe, do not adore, do not hope and do not love Thee."
"Most Holy Trinity. I adore Thee! My God, my God, I love Thee in the Most Blessed Sacrament."
"O my Jesus, forgive us our sins, save us from the fire of Hell, lead all souls to Heaven, especially those who have most need of Thy mercy."

Offline Stu Cool

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Korporal
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2013, 11:29:11 AM »
I forget where I read it but the proponents of global warming have changed the term to climate change because global warming was actually not panning out.  Now, any environmental problem can be termed climate change and blame placed on greenhouse gases.  Very sly.

Offline God_created_cats

• Hellebardier
  • Religion: Roman catholic
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2013, 02:45:55 PM »
What you need by now is proof that greenhouses (the real agricultural ones) don't work.  I trust
some of the climate skeptics are working on it.

Offline Pheo

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2013, 06:37:54 PM »
There hasn't been any warming for 17 years now (don't worry, it's just a "pause" and might "only" last another 20 years).  To use "global warming" would just be dishonest - they had to change the name.

What you need by now is proof that greenhouses (the real agricultural ones) don't work.  I trust some of the climate skeptics are working on it.

Greenhouses work, CO2, seemingly, doesn't.  There's every possibility that it simply isn't as important of a greehouse gas as Al Gore wanted it to be.  Water vapour, for instance, is a much more important factor.
Son, when thou comest to the service of God, stand in justice and in fear, and prepare thy soul for temptation.

Offline God_created_cats

• Hellebardier
  • Religion: Roman catholic
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2013, 06:58:02 PM »
There hasn't been any warming for 17 years now (don't worry, it's just a "pause" and might "only" last another 20 years).  To use "global warming" would just be dishonest - they had to change the name.

What you need by now is proof that greenhouses (the real agricultural ones) don't work.  I trust some of the climate skeptics are working on it.

Greenhouses work, CO2, seemingly, doesn't.  There's every possibility that it simply isn't as important of a greehouse gas as Al Gore wanted it to be.  Water vapour, for instance, is a much more important factor.

A good thing you said 'seemingly'.  It would seem that among those that are examining world-wide
observations of the relevant parameters, the consensus would be in favor of a 'greenhouse effect'
due to the increasing concentration of carbon dioxide.  With the amount of organic matter being
burned all over the world, that should come as no surprise.  As far as I know, the concentration
of water in the atmosphere is both very large and nearly constant, whereas that of CO2,
while very small (otherwise everyone would be dead) has been increasing steadily since the
beginning of the industrial era.  Regards.

Offline Pheo

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2013, 07:13:16 PM »
A good thing you said 'seemingly'.  It would seem that among those that are examining world-wide
observations of the relevant parameters, the consensus would be in favor of a 'greenhouse effect'
due to the increasing concentration of carbon dioxide.  With the amount of organic matter being
burned all over the world, that should come as no surprise.  As far as I know, the concentration
of water in the atmosphere is both very large and nearly constant, whereas that of CO2,
while very small (otherwise everyone would be dead) has been increasing steadily since the
beginning of the industrial era.  Regards.

I'm not all that interested in what experts with profound conflicts of interest come up with, to be honest.  I'm involved in research, and conflicts of interest always have to be declared and taken into consideration.  All of their grant money depends on their models predicting a warming effect - so it comes as no surprise that their aggregate climate model, based on 138 individual climate models, predicted warming.  Michael Mann's famous "hockey stick" model is particularly egregious in that it'll give you that same trendline no matter what data you put in.

None of them predicted this 17-going-on-37 year "pause."  CO2 continues to rise, yet temperature has been static.  Reality hasn't turned out to be as robust as their models...
Son, when thou comest to the service of God, stand in justice and in fear, and prepare thy soul for temptation.