Author Topic: Bought anything interesting lately?  (Read 287415 times)

Offline queen.saints

• Mary Garden
  • Wachtmeister
  • Religion: Catholic
Re: Bought anything interesting lately?
« Reply #2145 on: December 15, 2020, 05:13:06 PM »
Wow! Absolutely breathtaking, Prayerful! A real treasure. Thank you for the pictures.
I am sorry for the times I have publicly criticized others on this forum, especially traditional Catholic religious, and any other scandalous posts and pray that no one reads or believes these false and ignorant statements.

The following users thanked this post: Prayerful

Offline Bernadette

• Mary Garden
  • Hauptmann
  • Religion: Roman Catholic
« Reply #2146 on: February 21, 2021, 12:48:25 PM »
Shearling bomber jacket. It's been cold here in MS, and I've always wanted one.
"Make merry, and be glad: for this thy brother was dead, and is come to life again; he was lost, and is found."

The following users thanked this post: Heinrich, maryslittlegarden, Acolyte, Prayerful

Offline drummerboy

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
  • Religion: Christ ist erstanden
"Mightier than the sound of many waters, mightier than the surgings of the sea: mighty is the Lord on high"
- Ps 92:4

The following users thanked this post: Heinrich, Philip G.

Offline Prayerful

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
« Reply #2148 on: March 08, 2021, 05:33:55 PM »
The St Judge Sunday missal, a small missal issued by the Claretian Fathers of the National Shrine of St Jude. First it is neat little booklet covering Sundays and Holy Days of Obligation, but the reason for purchase is the various prayers to St Jude including a litany, various prayers, and what they call the Prayer in Trials which is the same as the Dublin diocesan form of the prayer I once linked here. The prayer on the reverse of that card, a sort of litany, approved by the Archdiocese of Dublin in 1957, has most of its elements in one of the Claretian prayers.
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

The following users thanked this post: Heinrich, Lynne, Acolyte

Offline Bernadette

• Mary Garden
  • Hauptmann
« Reply #2149 on: March 11, 2021, 08:51:33 AM »
A new doll for my collection. She's a Waldorf doll, but a larger one than normal. I love these dolls, they're so adorable. They also have a cult following so I was lucky to be able to get my hands on this one, since they're made by hand only a few times a year. http://imgur.com/gallery/tzQ60BP
« Last Edit: March 11, 2021, 08:56:02 AM by Bernadette »
"Make merry, and be glad: for this thy brother was dead, and is come to life again; he was lost, and is found."

The following users thanked this post: maryslittlegarden, Lynne

Offline Elizabeth.2

• Korporal
« Reply #2150 on: March 16, 2021, 09:45:09 AM »
Sort of in the category of buying, but it was a craigslist curb alert. In this case, a lovely cul-de-sac in a nice neighborhood. I got a bunch of perfectly sized canvasses already primed by someone's expensive hobby!  And some expensive bird feeders.  It's a miracle  ;D

The following users thanked this post: Heinrich, Prayerful

Offline Heinrich

• Steig mal auf den Berg hinauf
  • St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
  • Gott, wende Dich zu uns und gib uns neues Leben
  • Religion: römisch-katholisch
« Reply #2151 on: March 16, 2021, 11:40:35 AM »
Sort of in the category of buying, but it was a craigslist curb alert. In this case, a lovely cul-de-sac in a nice neighborhood. I got a bunch of perfectly sized canvasses already primed by someone's expensive hobby!  And some expensive bird feeders.  It's a miracle  ;D

I love my bird section of the yard. Nice find.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

The following users thanked this post: MundaCorMeum, Elizabeth.2

Offline clau clau

• My other bike is a Pinarello
  • Feldwebel
  • Religion: Traditionalist videogamer - I only play 8-bit video games
« Reply #2152 on: March 16, 2021, 12:55:52 PM »
I bought a McDonalds double-cheeseburger.  They are very good value on the saver menu (in the UK).

Most of the shops in the UK have been closed since the bastard politicians locked everything down.  I occasionally (once every 2 months) like going into McDonalds for a cheeseburger (about the only thing I like in McDonalds).

They said you could order one on their stupid app. (with click and collect) but I cannot be arsed.  I do not have a mobile phone contract, just pay-as-you-go and I do not want all the faffing about so I waited.

Anyway, last weekend I noticed that the restaurant was open so I went in.  I got stopped by the mask gestapo at the door but said I was exempt and they let me through (seemed a bit grudgingly but hey-ho).

It probably does not merit a post but I felt like a bit of a rant.

« Last Edit: March 16, 2021, 03:21:10 PM by clau clau »
Would you like to shake hands with Pope 1 or Pope 2 -
 me (inspired by Dr Seuss) see: https://seuss.fandom.com/wiki/Thing_One_and_Thing_Two

But when he's dumb and no more here,
Nineteen hundred years or near,
Clau-Clau-Claudius shall speak clear.

The following users thanked this post: Lynne, Acolyte, Prayerful, Melkor

Online Melkor

• Vizekorporal
« Reply #2153 on: March 16, 2021, 01:29:46 PM »
Bought an ESEE-4 (knife) a while ago. Been waiting for the weather to abate so I can chop some trees with it. Used it to skin my deer and it was more than up to the task. Planning on going outside today so that should be fun. :)
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost.

"Let a man walk ten miles steadily on a hot summer's day along a dusty English road, and he will soon discover why beer was invented."

G.K. Chesterton

The following users thanked this post: Acolyte, Prayerful

Offline mikemac

• Hauptmann
« Reply #2154 on: March 16, 2021, 05:49:47 PM »
I bought a McDonalds double-cheeseburger.  They are very good value on the saver menu (in the UK).

That's what I generally get when I go through the drive-through at McDonald's too.  Yeah best value at just over $2 here.  They advertise them here as all Canadian beef with no additives, so what to heck eh.  Why not.
Like John Vennari (RIP) said "Why not just do it?  What would it hurt?"
Consecrate Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Mary (PETITION)
https://lifepetitions.com/petition/consecrate-russia-to-the-immaculate-heart-of-mary-petition

"We would be mistaken to think that Fatima’s prophetic mission is complete." Benedict XVI May 13, 2010

"Tell people that God gives graces through the Immaculate Heart of Mary.  Tell them also to pray to the Immaculate Heart of Mary for peace, since God has entrusted it to Her." Saint Jacinta Marto

The real nature of hope is “despair, overcome.”
Source

The following users thanked this post: maryslittlegarden, Acolyte, Melkor

Online Melkor

• Vizekorporal
« Reply #2155 on: March 16, 2021, 08:07:20 PM »
Anyone try the chicken McMuffin? So darn good. I may or may not buy one every Sunday after Mass.  ::)

"Let a man walk ten miles steadily on a hot summer's day along a dusty English road, and he will soon discover why beer was invented."

G.K. Chesterton

The following users thanked this post: Acolyte

Offline Millennialmom

• Hellebardier
  • My duty is to raise saints.
  • Religion: Traditional Catholic
« Reply #2156 on: March 30, 2021, 12:50:14 PM »
Bought a nice dress for Sunday Mass, as well as some literature on homeschooling.

Oh and my latest adventure at McDonald’s I ended up with a spicy chicken sandwich. The sauce was lovely.

The following users thanked this post: maryslittlegarden, Lynne

Offline Philip G.

• Wachtmeister
  • Ordinary Cult
« Reply #2157 on: March 30, 2021, 10:26:02 PM »
I haven't happily eaten mcdonalds since I was a fat little kid.  The last time I did was half my lifetime ago as a teenager, and it made me sick to my stomach, reminding me why I don't eat there, and to never to do so again. 
« Last Edit: March 30, 2021, 10:31:45 PM by Philip G. »
For the stone shall cry out of the wall; and the timber that is between the joints of the building, shall answer.  Woe to him that buildeth a town with blood, and prepareth a city by iniquity. - Habacuc 2,11-12

Offline Prayerful

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
« Reply #2158 on: March 31, 2021, 02:19:59 PM »
There's no Mickey Ds within walking distance, so for me a chipper, Italian run like has traditionally been the case in Dublin at least. Not for Lent, though.

I probably mentioned it, but maybe not. Got a Universal Daily Missal from 1966. The pray for the reception of Communion is now Corpus Christi answered by Amen, no prayers at the foot of the altar. The Latin ordinary seems to be called the 'Rite of Sung Mass' and the English 'Rite of Low Mass.' Otherwise it's identical to the Fr Sylvester Juergens S.M. missal, the New Marian Missal with nearly identical art outside of the text of the Mass, some of the bigger pieces of artwork gone, otherwise identical texts, as of 1956 and 1962. A St Joseph's Missal from two years later, still has the Mass, with Latin in small brackets, the traditional calendar, but the four Eucharistic prayers of the New Mass.
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

The following users thanked this post: Melkor

Online Melkor

• Vizekorporal
« Reply #2159 on: March 31, 2021, 04:23:51 PM »
Dirt bike helmet, cause it always pays to ride safe.

G.K. Chesterton