Good documentary on the Falklands War

Started by MaximGun, June 20, 2022, 06:56:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaximGun

Interesting if you are able to watch it.  You might need to use a proxy server if you are not in the United Kingdom to watch on iPlayer

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m0018c8n/our-falklands-war-a-frontline-story

It's the soldier's stories by them, so no real propaganda.

Only give the British perspective, nothing from the Argentinians.

josh987654321

Yea, only works in the UK.

Give us a quick summary? :)

Not sure what happened previously with the Falkland Islands, but after attacking and killing British troops there, I don't know what the Argentinian Govt. expected to happen, that kind of thing guarantee's a retaliation just in spite, kind of like Ukraine shelling the Russian speaking population in the Donbass and then acting all surprised when they get attacked IMO.

Then again, I'm not hugely well versed on the Falkland Islands conflict so there could be some perspective I haven't heard before.

God Bless
"I will not delude you with prospects of peace and consolations; on the contrary, prepare for great battles. Know that you are now on a great stage where all heaven and earth are watching you. Fight like a knight, so that I can reward you. Do not be unduly fearful, because you are not alone." (Diary, 1760)

"It is in My Passion that you must seek light and strength." (Diary, 654)

"I never reject a contrite heart." (Diary, 1485)

MaximGun

They didn't kill any British troops when they seized the island during Operation Rosario.  (Named it after the Rosary).

I think they thought Thatcher would give the islands up rather than go to war.

The documentary is the memories and anecdotes of the soldiers who fought it