Russia Invades Ukraine

Started by King Wenceslas, February 23, 2022, 09:11:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Wilson

Quote from: james03 on May 02, 2024, 09:15:39 AMWhy Russia was always going to win and why you can't sanction a country with a current account surplus:

QuoteWhen you stop to think about it we're talking about a country, Russia, that in 2023 exported more wheat than the 3rd largest producer (the US) harvested — approx. 60 million tonnes exported (RUS) vs. 47 million tonnes produced (US).
What a contrast between that and Communist Russia where there was a constant shortfall of harvests and shortages. A lot of it probably sold through the black market.
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

Heinrich

And that wheat is non GMO to boot.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

dueSicilie

Quote from: Heinrich on May 05, 2024, 12:13:34 PMAnd that wheat is non GMO to boot.

I was under the impression than US and EU wheat were not yet gmo either, mostly just maize beet sugar soya etc.

drummerboy

Quote from: dueSicilie on May 05, 2024, 08:39:29 PM
Quote from: Heinrich on May 05, 2024, 12:13:34 PMAnd that wheat is non GMO to boot.

I was under the impression than US and EU wheat were not yet gmo either, mostly just maize beet sugar soya etc.

No GMO wheat variants yet.  Perhaps because it's a grass they can easily adapt it for purposes.  GMO is banned in Russia though: https://www.thehealthyhomeeconomist.com/edamame-not-vegetable-or-health-food/

Mexico also banned GMO maize in order to protect their indigenous varieties, a major blow to Bayer/Monsanto since their aim is ownership of the world seed supply through patented genetics in the seeds- the royalties charged on each bag are nice too....
- I'll get with the times when the times are worth getting with

"I like grumpy old cusses.  Hope to live long enough to be one" - John Wayne

james03

Freedom Force continues its break out from Avdeevka and are capturing more towns, and destroying a lot of the Ukraine Army.

The Ukrainians do have a second line of defense behind a river in the area, so we'll see what happens when the Russians reach that.  With their air superiority, it might not make much of a difference.

Still some action on the Kharkov front, and I still think the Russians are going to go for Ugledar in the south.

I think the Russians will just continue to do what they've been doing.  It keeps their losses low.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"

LausTibiChriste

Russia has started a major offensive into the Kharkiv Oblast, and Sumy too.

Puts Ukraine in a tough spot - if I'm not mistaken, their best brigade is defending Chasov Yar. If they pull them to defend Kharkiv, Chasov Yar will fall way quicker and it's quite strategic apparently.

@james03 thoughts?
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

james03

Maximum Leader Putin has done well in hiding his intentions. I'm 50/50. On one hand rybar claims it is just an operation to establish a buffer zone to shutdown Team Unicorn terror shelling Belgorod. On the other hand Russia has really hammered the Ukrainian power grid which indicates a change. Freedom Force is also getting close to Kharkov and may try to surround it.

It will depend on Ukraine. If they throw reserves North, Russia will slow down there and hit in other places.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

LausTibiChriste

Ukraine bombed civilian apartments in Belgorod today, killing at least 4 civilians and leaving many others trapped under rubble.

@King Wenceslas hope you're proud
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

james03

Ukrainian woman films her boyfriend being kidnapped to be sent to the death front.  The kidnappers beat the crap out of her with clubs.

https://twitter.com/MyLordBebo/status/1790081329981268159

Hannelore

That's extremely disturbing.
My Lord and my God.

james03

Kind of interesting.  The Russians are marking their vehicles with a ruin from ancient Russia.  The ancient Russians used this ruin when they went to war against the ancient Khazars, also known as the Ashkanazi.

Might be a coincidence, or they might be announcing who they are going to smite with a mighty smiting.

https://halturnerradioshow.com/index.php/news-selections/world-news/russia-paints-new-military-insignia-on-invading-force-same-symbol-used-in-past-wars-against-khazaria

james03

Quote from: Deirdre on May 14, 2024, 12:28:07 PMThat's extremely disturbing.

We just sent them another $60 Billion.

Hannelore

My Lord and my God.

Heinrich

Quote from: james03 on May 14, 2024, 12:33:55 PMKind of interesting.  The Russians are marking their vehicles with a ruin from ancient Russia.  The ancient Russians used this ruin when they went to war against the ancient Khazars, also known as the Ashkanazi.

Might be a coincidence, or they might be announcing who they are going to smite with a mighty smiting.

https://halturnerradioshow.com/index.php/news-selections/world-news/russia-paints-new-military-insignia-on-invading-force-same-symbol-used-in-past-wars-against-khazaria

If you don't know Spanish, run this through your translator of choice:

"Ya no hay duda de que Rusia sabe exactamente quién es su enemigo." 

ETA: does it pop up for me in ES since my phone settings?
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.