Author Topic: St. Mary's, KS  (Read 358 times)

Offline Heinrich

• Steig mal auf den Berg hinauf
  • St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
  • Gott, wende Dich zu uns und gib uns neues Leben
  • Religion: römisch-katholisch
St. Mary's, KS
« on: March 27, 2021, 03:08:22 PM »
Mrs. H and I detoured off of I70 yesterday and had fish meals with the one and only Michael Wilson. He exists, is real, and fits his online persona more so in person. He was able to corral my 65 pound puppy pit bull after he broke his chain(my wolf pack adored Señor Wilson). Dinner conversation revolved around bio capsules, a short history of (SSPX) St. Mary's and bits on the passing scene that is the modern Zeitgeist. We dined at a place called Froggy's. Highly recommend the fish sammie AND the fish tacos(left overs from Frau H)as this was my meal for the day. I thought the gluten was going to demolish me, but I came out pretty well on the other end. This meet and greet was a true delight and post Colorado trip topper. We are safely back in the Greater Cincinnati(SE Indiana) area exhausted after ~28 hours or driving, puppy pee breaks, and sleeping in our van. 
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Offline Lynne

• Thankful to be Catholic!
  • Mary Garden
  • Major
  • Religion: Catholic
Re: St. Mary's, KS
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2021, 03:39:16 PM »
Wonderful!
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael’s Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

“My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you’re supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen.”

Offline Michael Wilson

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2021, 06:26:47 PM »
Hey! I totally missed this post! Yes, It was great to meet "the Man behind the Myth" and his Mrs. Wonderful time; met the babies including one large love-able pit bull and 'sister' shepherd. Talked my head off; so its a good thing the H's are great listeners. I can't believe we pulled it off this time, as last time he came by we missed each other. We had an arm wrestling contest; tomahawk throwing and 100 yard dash contests! (just kidding). I hope to catch them the next time they fly by on I-70; I will bring my dumbbells and will have a weight lifting contest (just kidding, again).
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

The following users thanked this post: Heinrich, Non Nobis, maryslittlegarden, mikemac, Elizabeth.2

Offline MundaCorMeum

• Mary Garden
  • Feldwebel
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2021, 08:15:51 PM »
Surely, you won the arm wrestling, Michael???   :cheeseheadbeer:

Offline Heinrich

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2021, 08:58:20 PM »

He did. Easily.

I am neglected to share that he also paid for our meals.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

The following users thanked this post: Lynne, MundaCorMeum

Offline MundaCorMeum

• Mary Garden
  • Feldwebel
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2021, 09:25:18 PM »

He did. Easily.

I am neglected to share that he also paid for our meals.

A true gentleman, no doubt. 

Heinrich, if you must lose to someone, you can lose in good conscience to Michael  :D

The following users thanked this post: Heinrich, Jayne

Offline Michael Wilson

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2021, 10:27:53 AM »
I would have won, but I didn't want to embarrass Heinrich in front of his children. 

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

The following users thanked this post: Heinrich, Lynne, MundaCorMeum

Offline Prayerful

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2021, 07:45:08 PM »
Great, and jealous of anyone who can dine anywhere outside a private home.
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

The following users thanked this post: Heinrich

Offline Heinrich

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2021, 09:33:34 PM »

He did. Easily.

I neglected to share that he also paid for our meals.

Offline Michael Wilson

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2021, 09:37:56 PM »
One of the nice things about St. Mary's is that none of the businesses closed down during the "pandemic" and even some had signs posted on their doors that read: "Masks are NOT required in this establishment". I was laughing the other day as two old ladies came into the grocery store and one said to the other: "You see Martha, nobody wears masks around here". :laugh:

The following users thanked this post: Heinrich, maryslittlegarden, Lynne

Offline Heinrich

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2021, 09:44:02 PM »
One of the nice things about St. Mary's is that none of the businesses closed down during the "pandemic" and even some had signs posted on their doors that read: "Masks are NOT required in this establishment". I was laughing the other day as two old ladies came into the grocery store and one said to the other: "You see Martha, nobody wears masks around here". :laugh:

In doing some research, I noticed that Kansas, while being a jolly red state, has near blue state levels of taxation. Could be a deal breaker if we got serious about moving. Again.

The following users thanked this post: Michael Wilson

Offline Elizabeth.2

• Korporal
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2021, 09:50:53 AM »
I love and miss St. Mary's.  So many loving souls....  (the weather is wicked though). :pray3:

The following users thanked this post: Heinrich, Lynne, Michael Wilson

Offline Non Nobis

• Why are you fearful?
  • Mary Garden
  • Hauptmann
  • Religion: Roman Catholic
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2021, 10:25:23 AM »

He did. Easily.

I would have won, but I didn't want to embarrass Heinrich in front of his children. 

Looks like a different contest going on here! I suspect who really won but I don't suspect dishonesty but humble humor on both sides! Or maybe the arm wrestling notion was itself the humor. All of the above! But I know men often like arm.wrestling and we know who.talks of lifting!

« Last Edit: April 18, 2021, 10:42:27 AM by Non Nobis »
[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Jesus, Mary, I love Thee! Save souls!

The following users thanked this post: Heinrich, Michael Wilson

Offline Elizabeth.2

• Korporal
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2021, 04:29:17 PM »
They can get away with it at Froggy's.

The following users thanked this post: Michael Wilson