Author Topic: Stalin - The Great Purge  (Read 79 times)

Offline King Wenceslas

• What we do in life echoes in eternity.
  • Feldwebel
  • Religion: Catholic
Stalin - The Great Purge
« on: February 22, 2021, 01:07:55 PM »

Just think this guy was our ally during WWII. We gave him billions of dollars of lend lease so that he could survive and in the end two-thirds of humanity ended up under Communist tyranny.

He invaded Finland. Invaded and took Lithuania, Estonia, Latvia, and half of Poland. Killed untold numbers of people via the NKVD who were perceived to be a threat while purging the conquered countries.

Put this up because I was wondering if some type of purging is going to happen on the left as the US descends deeper and deeper into darkness.

The following users thanked this post: red solo cup, Melkor

Offline Melkor

• Vizekorporal
  • Religion: Roman Catholic
Re: Stalin - The Great Purge
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2021, 01:33:47 PM »

Just think this guy was our ally during WWII. We gave him billions of dollars of lend lease so that he could survive and in the end two-thirds of humanity ended up under Communist tyranny.

He invaded Finland. Invaded and took Lithuania, Estonia, Latvia, and half of Poland. Killed untold numbers of people via the NKVD who were perceived to be a threat while purging the conquered countries.

Put this up because I was wondering if some type of purging is going to happen on the left as the US descends deeper and deeper into darkness.

The lend-lease was a joke. But that the US would ally with this monster is an even bigger one.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost.

"Let a man walk ten miles steadily on a hot summer's day along a dusty English road, and he will soon discover why beer was invented."

G.K. Chesterton

Offline TheReturnofLive

• Ecce Homo
  • Wachtmeister
  • Abducted by aliens from Styx's "Come Sail Away"
  • Religion: Doubting Roman Catholic
Re: Stalin - The Great Purge
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2021, 08:04:09 PM »

I think the irony is that the United States's position is totally unjustifiable; after the war, we had no issues becoming buddy buddy with Franco and saving tons of Nazi scientists to help them develop weapons against the Soviets.