Author Topic: Catholic Traditionalist Fashion Designers  (Read 1430 times)

Offline dymphnaw

• Korporal
Re: Catholic Traditionalist Fashion Designers
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2021, 03:51:27 PM »
Do you mean high fashion or niche dressmakers like the designers who cater to the Orthodox Jewish, Mormon, Muslim and Pentecostal markets? There is no high fashion designer who is openly traditional Catholic. Such a person wouldn't be allowed to show their collections in Paris or New York. I'm not sure traditional Catholics are numerous or tight knit enough for a traditional niche designer to make a living.

The following users thanked this post: Blue Violet

Offline Blue Violet

• Hellebardier
  • Religion: Catholic
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2021, 04:34:28 PM »
The Italian Gemelli Rosary Collection video ads would be a place to start.  Super elegant; they would know.

Ok, thank you.  I'll look into that.
"You will win many souls through your devotion to  the Sacred Heart and the Little Flower.

Our Lord Jesus Christ to Rhonda Wise

Offline queen.saints

• Mary Garden
  • Wachtmeister
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2021, 04:49:57 PM »
Paris Bloom is run by two traditional Catholic sisters and they design all the dresses.

https://parisbloom.com/
I am sorry for the times I have publicly criticized others on this forum, especially traditional Catholic religious, and any other scandalous posts and pray that no one reads or believes these false and ignorant statements.

The following users thanked this post: Lynne, Blue Violet

Offline Maximilian

• Hauptmann
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2021, 06:35:26 PM »
Paris Bloom is run by two traditional Catholic sisters and they design all the dresses.

I recognize those models!

The following users thanked this post: queen.saints

Offline queen.saints

• Mary Garden
  • Wachtmeister
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2021, 10:46:19 AM »

I recognize those models!

Haha, yes.
I am sorry for the times I have publicly criticized others on this forum, especially traditional Catholic religious, and any other scandalous posts and pray that no one reads or believes these false and ignorant statements.

Offline Gerard

• Feldwebel
  • .. and his raiment became white and glittering
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2021, 02:59:35 PM »
Colleen Hammond may have some leads. 

https://colleenhammond.com/

Offline Blue Violet

• Hellebardier
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2021, 12:36:30 AM »

Thank you for the website.
"You will win many souls through your devotion to  the Sacred Heart and the Little Flower.

Offline Blue Violet

• Hellebardier
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2021, 12:39:09 AM »
Colleen Hammond may have some leads. 

https://colleenhammond.com/

Although this isn't what I was looking, her website looks promising..  Thank you for this.

Offline Blue Violet

• Hellebardier
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2021, 09:55:09 AM »
Do you mean high fashion or niche dressmakers like the designers who cater to the Orthodox Jewish, Mormon, Muslim and Pentecostal markets? There is no high fashion designer who is openly traditional Catholic. Such a person wouldn't be allowed to show their collections in Paris or New York. I'm not sure traditional Catholics are numerous or tight knit enough for a traditional niche designer to make a living.

I think I mean high fashion.  You mentioned that a high fashion designer who is openly Traditional Catholic wouldn't be allowed to show their collections in Paris or New York.  Do you have any specific examples of this occurring or is it based on how the culture at large will prevent such a person from entering the fashion arena?

Offline dymphnaw

• Korporal
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2021, 09:52:54 PM »

[/quote]

I think I mean high fashion.  You mentioned that a high fashion designer who is openly Traditional Catholic wouldn't be allowed to show their collections in Paris or New York.  Do you have any specific examples of this occurring or is it based on how the culture at large will prevent such a person from entering the fashion arena?
[/quote]

A open traditional Catholic would not be able to survive in such a heavily gay profession without making someone angry. Balenciaga, Givenchy, Lagerfeld, St. Laurent, Cardin, McQueen, Versace, Dolce and Gabana, Tom Ford, Kors, and pretty much all the greats were or are gay. Not to mention all the immodesty. Models are nearly naked in between quick changes and drug use and sex trafficking is common in the industry.

Offline lauermar

• "Fasten your seat belts, it's going to be a bumpy night!" from 'All About Eve' (1950).
  • Feldwebel
  • Baby Boomer
  • Religion: Traditional Roman Catholic
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2021, 05:42:19 AM »
There's no fashion problem that can't be solved by wearing a tunic, long cardigan or duster coat over any outfit you want.  When you get home, remove the coat. It's OK around family. That's what I do. You don't need a Little House On The Prairie costume, a Burhka, or an Amish uniform.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2021, 05:44:29 AM by lauermar »
"I am not a pessimist. I am not an optimist. I am a realist." Father Malachi Martin (1921-1999)

Offline ralfy

• Vizekorporal
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2021, 08:02:39 PM »
In general, office attire and uniforms.

Offline coffeeandcigarette

• Mary Garden
  • Korporal
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2021, 09:33:10 PM »
There's no fashion problem that can't be solved by wearing a tunic, long cardigan or duster coat over any outfit you want.  When you get home, remove the coat. It's OK around family. That's what I do. You don't need a Little House On The Prairie costume, a Burhka, or an Amish uniform.

Are you under the impression that immodest clothing is OK around family? That is not true.

Offline coffeeandcigarette

• Mary Garden
  • Korporal
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2021, 09:45:17 PM »

Two traditional sisters? That is pretty pathetic. Only one dress on that entire site is actually modest. What a wasted opportunity.

Offline lauermar

• "Fasten your seat belts, it's going to be a bumpy night!" from 'All About Eve' (1950).
  • Feldwebel
  • Baby Boomer
  • Religion: Traditional Roman Catholic
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2021, 08:22:54 PM »

Are you under the impression that immodest clothing is OK around family? That is not true.

For heaven's sake we've seen each other naked over the years.  I've had to administer soap suds bucket enemas when they were sick. I was educated as a nurse. If I see anything I haven't already seen, I'll shoot it.

Seeing me in a pair of skinny jeans or a swimsuit is more covered than nudity.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2021, 08:26:44 PM by lauermar »
"I am not a pessimist. I am not an optimist. I am a realist." Father Malachi Martin (1921-1999)