Can they get away with sanctioning voters?

Started by lauermar, January 12, 2021, 09:58:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

King Wenceslas

QuoteThere's no conspiracy, nothing illegal's been done. Private companies just deplatform dissent, cut your paypal, run propaganda about you 24/7, and take you to court to bake the damn cake. This is the American Way, comrade.

:thumbsup:

lauermar

Quote from: TradGranny on January 13, 2021, 05:52:43 PM
Quote from: OzarkCatholic on January 13, 2021, 08:45:52 AM
I picture it somewhat like an earthquake, with Trump at the epicenter. The closer in proximity you are to him & his (perceived or actual) culpability in the Jan 6th rally/protest/coup/insurrection/whatever, the more likely you may face sanctions.

What you say is true, for now. However, having recently been reading about the French Revolution by a Catholic author, it's become clear that what we are seeing now is the same as the beginning of that satanic Jacobin revolution.

To simplify what was quite complex:
First they went after King Louie,
and those closest to him, his family and the loyalists who protected him.
Then they went after ALL the loyalists.
Then they went after Catholic priests who represented the old order.
Then they went after the nuns.
They they went after anyone who objected to the massive number of murders.
Then they went after anyone who supported a trial prior to beheading.
At the end, they went after the leaders of their own murderous plot.

One observer of the day said:
Everyone thought they would be safe if they just kept feeding the alligator.

I was reminded of this quote when I saw the traitorous Republicans trying to feed the alligator. They think they will be safe. That's both sad and funny.

Hey Granny, I saw a German movie (with English subtitles) from 2005 called Sophie Scholl: The Final Days. Sophie and her brother were fighting the Nazi regime in 1940 as students and they were beheaded for it. When Sophie went to trial, she spoke boldly in a way I've seen prolifers speak. Sophie was Protestant. Everything you describe above is what the Nazi regime did. It was chilling.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=sophie+scholl+trailer&docid=608000003427012539&mid=707CA830D09BED58F815707CA830D09BED58F815&view=detail&FORM=VIRE
"I am not a pessimist. I am not an optimist. I am a realist." Father Malachi Martin (1921-1999)

diaduit

How can republicans find a backbone to stand up to the Dems if their supporters on the ground are going dark?

Not getting at ye, I'm doing the same here but I feel bad for Ted Cruz and all the others close to Trump who are going to get beat up metaphorically.

I see that the camps have been made - Covid or fringe camp.  Those who were against the lockdown like most of us here have been trying to wake people up to this lunacy.  Just before Christmas when the hype started about the vaccine arrival here in Ireland and it was very real for the population I saw a change in the people around me.  Those who didn't have any real issue with lockdown plus those who believe 100% in the deadly disease Covid have set their eyes on the end goal of vaccination as getting them out of this nightmare.  They strapped on the blinkers and are point blank refusing to engage in any mild discussion about this being bs.
I've withdrawn from any real effort of trying to change people against the lockdown (I still try to change their minds about taking the vaccine)  The camps have been made, metaphorically speaking and those who want the vaccine are kind of recruiting the rest of us by all their positive chat on the shot.  If you show dissent they are get annoyed with you as they see you as the reason they're still shackled.   Literally in discussion, its like rabbit in headlights and complete silence if you say something totally logical and it doesn't go into the brain but bounces off their foreheads .  I've had no visits from my neighbours, my friends of 25 years plus haven't engaged with me at all, extended family are like ghosts.  God always provides though, I've made new friends who are on the same page so I'm not alone.

Withdraw quietly and prepare .....have your network and pray.

Lynne

In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"