Author Topic: Catholic places to live  (Read 571 times)

Offline Tennessean

• Hellebardier
  • Religion: Christian
Catholic places to live
« on: January 12, 2021, 12:32:35 AM »
What are some traditional parishes with a good balance of elders and youth, near the coasts or Mississippi? By coasts, I mean Florida, Texas, and Maine. I'm not interested in working out of Seattle or San Diego. I need to know, because unless I learn I'm a terrorist, the coast guard should be approving my application for merchant mariner credentials, and I'll need to live close to my work.

Offline Maximilian

• Hauptmann
Re: Catholic places to live
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2021, 03:29:17 PM »
Houston has some very strong traditional Catholic communities.

The following users thanked this post: Tennessean

Offline GiftOfGod

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Korporal
  • Religion: Catholic (traditional)
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2021, 04:31:12 PM »
What are some traditional parishes with a good balance of elders and youth, near the coasts or Mississippi? By coasts, I mean Florida, Texas, and Maine. I'm not interested in working out of Seattle or San Diego. I need to know, because unless I learn I'm a terrorist, the coast guard should be approving my application for merchant mariner credentials, and I'll need to live close to my work.
What do you mean by "Catholic"? Novus Ordo or Trad?

Offline Tennessean

• Hellebardier
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2021, 01:15:48 PM »
 :huh: This is a traditional catholic forum.

The following users thanked this post: clau clau

Offline GiftOfGod

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Korporal
  • Religion: Catholic (traditional)
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2021, 08:57:46 PM »

I am of the belief that if you attend the Novus Ordo, then you are not a trad. Some people vehemently disagree with that statement.

The following users thanked this post: Daniel

Offline Tennessean

• Hellebardier
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2021, 09:51:56 AM »

I am of the belief that if you attend the Novus Ordo, then you are not a trad. Some people vehemently disagree with that statement.
Do you know any TLM hotbeds along the coasts or Mississippi? I'd appreciate it, because this will help me choose which companies to apply.

Offline martin88nyc

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
  • Religion: Catholic
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2021, 04:55:26 PM »
Warsaw, Poznan, Krakow, Katowice, Lodz, Bialystok and a couple more polish cities.  ;D
"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33

Offline Heinrich

• Steig mal auf den Berg hinauf
  • St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
  • Gott, wende Dich zu uns und gib uns neues Leben
  • Religion: römisch-katholisch
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2021, 07:01:08 PM »

Do you know any TLM hotbeds along the coasts or Mississippi? I'd appreciate it, because this will help me choose which companies to apply.

Doesn't Mobile have a solid TLM community?
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Offline moneil

• Wachtmeister
  • Religion: Roman Catholic
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2021, 11:57:15 AM »
I realize you excluded Seattle, but for the sake of information, the FSSP has parishes in Tacoma (St. Joseph's) and Edmonds (just north of Seattle - North American Martyrs).  The SSPX has a chapel in Edmonds.  There are TLM's offered by priests of the Archdiocese of Seattle but I don't know if any are close to the Seattle or Tacoma ports.  There are independent traditional chapels in the area, including the CMRI in Tacoma.

Offline Philip G.

• Wachtmeister
  • Ordinary Cult
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2021, 12:24:59 PM »

Do you not have anything better do to?  This is not a sedevacantist forum.  Tradition does not exclude attendance at the novus ordo.  "Where I am, there also shall my minister be".  It is not the other way around. 
« Last Edit: January 15, 2021, 12:42:14 PM by Philip G. »
For the stone shall cry out of the wall; and the timber that is between the joints of the building, shall answer.  Woe to him that buildeth a town with blood, and prepareth a city by iniquity. - Habacuc 2,11-12

The following users thanked this post: clau clau, Tennessean

Offline Michael Wilson

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2021, 06:19:31 PM »
Near the East Coast: Sanford, Florida has a growing SSPX chapel.
Near the Mississippi and close to Cincinatti, Oh. Is Our Lady of the Assumption in Walton, Ky. Also growing very rapidly.
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

Offline Heinrich

• Steig mal auf den Berg hinauf
  • St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
  • Gott, wende Dich zu uns und gib uns neues Leben
  • Religion: römisch-katholisch
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2021, 06:31:55 PM »
Near the East Coast: Sanford, Florida has a growing SSPX chapel.
Near the Mississippi and close to Cincinatti, Oh. Is Our Lady of the Assumption in Walton, Ky. Also growing very rapidly.

What do you mean near the Mighty Miss? Our daughter lives west of her and it is five hours to cross over at Wickliffe, KY/Cairo, Il(shudder, Illinois). In regards to Walton, grand community there near Cincinnati. You'll have to come visit, good Michael.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

The following users thanked this post: Michael Wilson

Offline Michael Wilson

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2021, 06:44:03 PM »
Sorry about that! I thought that the Miss ran by Cinci; of course its the Ohio! My bad.
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

The following users thanked this post: Heinrich

Offline james03

• Hauptmann
  • The Brutal Clarity of a Winter Morning
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2021, 03:52:42 PM »
The primo place is that SSPX chapel on the Gulf Coast of Texas.  Galveston county, south east of Houston.  Pretty near to Texas City and not far from Galveston. The people there are Texans.  They also have a school if you have or will have kids that stayed open during COVID and didn't muzzle up.  There at least one Coast Guard station nearby.  Sounds like what you are looking for.

Sanford Florida is growing, but that is away from the coast and near Orlando.  The FSSP has chapels just east of Naples and along the west coast of Florida: Ft. Myers and Venice I believe.  No schools.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"

Offline james03

• Hauptmann
  • The Brutal Clarity of a Winter Morning
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2021, 03:55:51 PM »
When you say Mississippi, do you mean on the Mississippi river?  St. Louis used to have a great ICKSP community.  Don't know about them recently.  Good homeschooling support in that area.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"