USA (RIP)

Started by christulsa, January 07, 2021, 04:54:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Acolyte

Quote from: james03 on January 07, 2021, 10:17:02 PM
QuoteEveryday when I wake up I make a cup of coffee and I'll go out on my front porch. And every day the world looks the same as it did the day before.

Many Venezuelans experienced the same thing, until their money blew up.

Many Argentinians experienced the same thing, until their money blew up.

The Christian bakers experienced the same thing, until their store was shut down.

The business owners in the blue states experienced the same thing, until their stores were ruined by the lock downs and they lost everything.

The Bundy rancher experienced the same thing, and then then the Feds took his cattle.

It's called normalcy bias.  And I think we'll even get a boom once the Biden Covid Plan works and the lock downs are lifted, and when the Biden Economic Plan pumps a few trillion into the economy, stolen from my unborn grand kids via usury bonds they have to pay off.  We got a little time.  Then have fun paying $4/gallon gasoline again.  What's that?  Crude just broke $50/bbl?  Wasn't gasoline below $2/gal. just a few weeks ago?  You know, I'd wake up, pour myself a cup of coffee, sit on my porch, then go to the gas station and fill up for less than $2/gallon.  Wait, what happened?
Well, I don't know what it's like to lose money on investments. Or what it feels like to live high and be kicked down a few notches.

I understand what you are saying but I just don't dwell on that stuff. It's out of my control. Money just doesn't mean that much to me.

What you describe in those other countries kind of supports what I was getting at. With all our problems here in the US, we still have it pretty good imo. I don't have much left over after I pay my bills each month but I get them paid on time.

I took the $600 check they sent me and paid off my signature loan from my credit union. Now with a 70 dollar monthly payment wiped out life got a little better.

I just love my country. There's nothing wrong with that is there ?
"From the moment we awake in the morning, let us pray continually in the words of holy David: Turn away my eyes, that they may not behold vanity"
St Alphonsus

"I will set my face against you, and you shall fall down before your enemies, and shall be made subject to them that hate you, you shall flee when no man pursueth you"
Leviticus 26:17

"Behold, O God our protector : and look upon the face of Thy Christ" (Ps. 79:20) Here is devotion to the face of Jesus Christ as prophesized by David."
Fr. Lawrence Daniel Carney III

diaduit

Quote from: james03 on January 07, 2021, 07:04:11 PM
QuoteWell I remain an American and believe God can keep her alive not in fraudulently elected politicians but in the few good ones and multitudes who voted for them.
Non nobis, you are a very thoughtful person in an intellectual way.  You run into danger on this.

Lauremar wouldn't consider the possibility that God was chastising us and dutifully said her battle rosary.  A noble exercise that will likely be rewarded in heaven, but when it failed, she is now saying whacked stuff like maybe abortion is ok in some instances.

Many people refuse to accept that Bergoglio is an heretic.  That is their right, except I keep seeing them lose the Faith.

And you, if you don't accept reality, you won't be prepared for what is coming.  Step 1, assume your standard of living will be cut in half.  This will prepare you.  Step 2, accept that hatred of Christ is now enshrined in our government.  Step 3, accept that only a miracle can prevent the coming persecutions.  Prepare.  We have time, but the clock is ticking.

This has been where my head is at since last May. 

james03

QuoteI remember something in The Book about you thinking about jumping in the ring again.  Remember Bob C, attorney from the old FSSP parish, died a couple years ago?  His widow is a traditional Catholic, around 40ish, my wife's best friend, lives in Tulsa area, cute, youthful, fun loving.   You'd have to get used to fried rice, frequent emotional outbreaks of laughter and joy as a part of daily life, and a range of other emotions, and Tagalog.  Seriously.  She's starting dating again, and wants to meet someone like you.  She'd want to stay at home baking cookies, taking care of her man.
I think under "Dress Well" I point out that i'm into oil field grunge chic, and the young lads need to do better because I'm LIKELY a confirmed bachelor going forward.  If Greg shows up with a hot Russian that makes poor decisions and cooks like a chef, I'd consider it.

Recent conversation with my buddy:
"I roll out of bed, give myself a good scratch, put on my bathrobe and bunny slippers, grab a beer and sit down and watch "History of U-Boat warfare".  Then I clean up, hop on my motorcycle, meet up with my buds and go ride wherever.  That would be hard to give up."
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"

lauermar

"Lauremar wouldn't consider the possibility that God was chastising us and dutifully said her battle rosary.  A noble exercise that will likely be rewarded in heaven, but when it failed, she is now saying whacked stuff like maybe abortion is ok in some instances."

I have seen a couple of priests since then and have had a change of stance. I retract what I said.

About 6 months ago I believed we were going to be chastised and not saved. Unfortunately I changed my mind listening to Lifesite news who was of the opinion that since Trump had a brick in the holy door placed by a hermit in Loretto Italy, he would cooperate with God. Westen thought Trump was in a position to uphold ancient foundations and resist the coming takeover. I should not have bought into that message. I should have stayed with my original opinion.
"I am not a pessimist. I am not an optimist. I am a realist." Father Malachi Martin (1921-1999)

clau clau

Father time has an undefeated record.

But when he's dumb and no more here,
Nineteen hundred years or near,
Clau-Clau-Claudius shall speak clear.
(https://completeandunabridged.blogspot.com/2009/06/i-claudius.html)

Elizabeth.2

Quote from: james03 on January 07, 2021, 07:04:11 PM

And you, if you don't accept reality, you won't be prepared for what is coming.  Step 1, assume your standard of living will be cut in half.  This will prepare you.  Step 2, accept that hatred of Christ is now enshrined in our government.  Step 3, accept that only a miracle can prevent the coming persecutions.  Prepare.  We have time, but the clock is ticking.
:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

GiftOfGod

Quote from: lauermar on January 13, 2021, 07:53:26 AMUnfortunately I changed my mind listening to Lifesite news who was of the opinion that since Trump had a brick in the holy door placed by a hermit in Loretto Italy, he would cooperate with God.

That story was bunk.
Quote from: Maximilian on December 30, 2021, 11:15:48 AM
Quote from: Goldfinch on December 30, 2021, 10:36:10 AM
Quote from: Innocent Smith on December 30, 2021, 10:25:55 AM
If attending Mass, the ordinary form as celebrated everyday around the world be sinful, then the Church no longer exists. Period.
Rather, if the NOM were the lex credendi of the Church, then the Church would no longer exist. However, the true mass and the true sacraments still exist and will hold the candle of faith until Our Lord steps in to restore His Bride to her glory.
We could compare ourselves to the Catholics in England at the time of the Reformation. Was it sinful for them to attend Cranmer's service?
We have to remind ourselves that all the machinery of the "Church" continued in place. They had priests, bishops, churches, cathedrals. But all of them were using the new "Book of Common Prayer" instead of the Catholic Mass. Ordinary lay people could see with their own eyes an enormous entity that called itself the "Church," but did the true Church still exist in that situation? Meanwhile, in small hiding places in certain homes were a handful of true priests offering the true Mass at the risk of imprisonment, torture and death.

christulsa

The more I think about it, the less hope on a human level I have that people like Trump, a secessionist movement, the militia, a 3rd party (The Patriot Party), yada yada in the short term or long term, stand any remote chance of defeating the Enemy that is fully engulfing the world after the Communist coup.  Freedom and rights are officially dead.  Those who value them, have zero power going forward.  Until now I have held onto the conviction of restoration "from within" society, by transforming it politically and socially, whether through the conservative movement, pro-life movement, the right wing of the Republican party, Trump, etc.  Trump and his movement were the final stand, and we lost.  We don't stand a chance going forward.  It seems senseless at this point to consider ever again federal politics or supporting political candidates, except maybe at the most local level for the sake of the local community, or restoring society directly.  Only indirectly through prayer, penance, witness, conserving ourselves in families and local communities and parishes, and watching it all slowly descend into utter chaos and ultimately in the end destruction.  And then and only then, unless the Second Coming occurs, can we hope to pick up the pieces and restore the Nation into a Catholic Republic.   We did not listen to Our Lady.  Communism has now taken over the entire world, in spirit if not yet officially.  Time to establish your domestic church (the home and family), pray the rosary, and stand behind your sandwich board watching the whole damn thing sink into the abyss.

james03

QuoteWe did not listen to Our Lady.  Communism has now taken over the entire world, in spirit if not yet officially.  Time to establish your domestic church (the home and family), pray the rosary, and stand behind your sandwich board watching the whole damn thing sink into the abyss.

I wrote awhile back, if you choose to fight this, understand your enemy is God.  Everytime we lift up our hands in prayer, the only thing God sees is the blood of 100 million babies dripping from our hands.

I agree that the domestic church is important, but we need society.  That's why I'm building the redoubt.  It's a form of Nullification.  Live in a Catholic community as best you can and ignore the heathens.  The Earth opened up and swallowed the water from the Dragon as the Woman went into hiding.  The commies will be so occupied grasping and groveling for another penny of free sh*t and power, they'll end up fighting amongst themselves.  We'll live on, much lower a standard of living, but in many cases happier.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

diaduit

Quote from: james03 on January 14, 2021, 07:51:50 AM
QuoteWe did not listen to Our Lady.  Communism has now taken over the entire world, in spirit if not yet officially.  Time to establish your domestic church (the home and family), pray the rosary, and stand behind your sandwich board watching the whole damn thing sink into the abyss.

I wrote awhile back, if you choose to fight this, understand your enemy is God.  Everytime we lift up our hands in prayer, the only thing God sees is the blood of 100 million babies dripping from our hands.

I agree that the domestic church is important, but we need society.  That's why I'm building the redoubt.  It's a form of Nullification.  Live in a Catholic community as best you can and ignore the heathens.  The Earth opened up and swallowed the water from the Dragon as the Woman went into hiding. The commies will be so occupied grasping and groveling for another penny of free sh*t and power, they'll end up fighting amongst themselves.  We'll live on, much lower a standard of living, but in many cases happier.

I , one million per cent believe this.

We will actually be happier, ok we will be hungry and poor but we will be happy in Gods grace.

christulsa

We can also kiss good bye the idea a trad man should try and make six figure, upper middle class type income, so he can have a wife at home w a large family living abundantly the American dream (which is hereby dead).   We can expect less jobs, less pay, less opportunity, more oppression of workers, the dollar to keep going down, the cost of everything to go up.   Going forward men need to hussle hard core so their wife can stay at home, and both the man and woman need to expect at best a minimalist lifestyle with some relative stability.  But still devoted to magnanimity and being as abundant as possible but w lower expectations what that'll look like.  Less and less about financial status and more about managing your own property, self-sufficiency, building things yourself, maintaining what you can yourself, hunting/gardening.   

I just started two days ago a new home health rural PT job (local company owned by a huge national corporation monopoly) promised a certain full time caseload, and travel radius: after 2 days orienting w the head PT, she told me the hiring manager basically lied about the position.  From what I was told in the second interview, I can expect to fit all my patients (6 average a day x 5 days) in 4 days (7-8/day x 4 days, to work an extra day or two Grubhub in the city to make 10-15k more a year) making on average 50k/year after travel reimbursement. Turns out that won't even be close, based on their business in the last year or more.  Her words "I cringed when I heard them promising you that money,  Expect it to be slow for a few months, and then hopefully you'll get 4-5 a day, 4 days a week."   While conplaining how she almost quit and still might.   That works out to maybe 25k/yr, and I wouldn't even be able to make a weekly Grubhub schedule not trusting what my case load will be.  They screwed me over.  Turns out with the more realistic pay, still committing to 4 days a week, 3 hour round trip to the assigned area (another lie was they would have patients for me closer to Tulsa), I'd make even less than my present "gig" job working M-Sa 48 hours.   I texted the hiring manager (who has had almost no contact w me directly since offering me the position) I can't continue unless they give me a salary and contract, because of what the head PT told me about a realistic caseload, who has worked at that location for 25 years (I trust her estimate of what the job really is).   This after 3 weeks prepping for this job, onboarding, life planning etc etc.  Her response "Ok thanks for letting me know. Please return the tablet and supplies ASAP."

So it's going to be Grubhub 48 hours a week, working on my online CEU business idea, renew my teaching license, maybe do some side PT work long term.  And prepare for Dystopia. Clear Creek style.   The end is near.

james03

QuoteThe end is near.

Unfortunately it just started.  We still have Joe Manchin in the Senate and SCOTUS.

Prayerful

Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

christulsa

Quote from: james03 on January 14, 2021, 11:23:20 AM
QuoteThe end is near.

Unfortunately it just started.  We still have Joe Manchin in the Senate and SCOTUS.

?

Quote from: Prayerful on January 14, 2021, 12:22:36 PM
F

?

diaduit

Quote from: christulsa on January 14, 2021, 10:48:06 AM
We can also kiss good bye the idea a trad man should try and make six figure, upper middle class type income, so he can have a wife at home w a large family living abundantly the American dream (which is hereby dead).   We can expect less jobs, less pay, less opportunity, more oppression of workers, the dollar to keep going down, the cost of everything to go up.   Going forward men need to hussle hard core so their wife can stay at home, and both the man and woman need to expect at best a minimalist lifestyle with some relative stability.  But still devoted to magnanimity and being as abundant as possible but w lower expectations what that'll look like.  Less and less about financial status and more about managing your own property, self-sufficiency, building things yourself, maintaining what you can yourself, hunting/gardening.   

I just started two days ago a new home health rural PT job (local company owned by a huge national corporation monopoly) promised a certain full time caseload, and travel radius: after 2 days orienting w the head PT, she told me the hiring manager basically lied about the position.  From what I was told in the second interview, I can expect to fit all my patients (6 average a day x 5 days) in 4 days (7-8/day x 4 days, to work an extra day or two Grubhub in the city to make 10-15k more a year) making on average 50k/year after travel reimbursement. Turns out that won't even be close, based on their business in the last year or more.  Her words "I cringed when I heard them promising you that money,  Expect it to be slow for a few months, and then hopefully you'll get 4-5 a day, 4 days a week."   While conplaining how she almost quit and still might.   That works out to maybe 25k/yr, and I wouldn't even be able to make a weekly Grubhub schedule not trusting what my case load will be.  They screwed me over.  Turns out with the more realistic pay, still committing to 4 days a week, 3 hour round trip to the assigned area (another lie was they would have patients for me closer to Tulsa), I'd make even less than my present "gig" job working M-Sa 48 hours.   I texted the hiring manager (who has had almost no contact w me directly since offering me the position) I can't continue unless they give me a salary and contract, because of what the head PT told me about a realistic caseload, who has worked at that location for 25 years (I trust her estimate of what the job really is).   This after 3 weeks prepping for this job, onboarding, life planning etc etc.  Her response "Ok thanks for letting me know. Please return the tablet and supplies ASAP."

So it's going to be Grubhub 48 hours a week, working on my online CEU business idea, renew my teaching license, maybe do some side PT work long term.  And prepare for Dystopia. Clear Creek style.   The end is near.

Sorry to hear that Cristula, God has a reason for letting this happen and someday you'll thank him for it.

I have applied for planning permission to add a wheelchair access bathroom to a downstairs bedroom for my Dad to move in with us.  It take 2 months to get an answer of yes or no OR they send out for further information which can delay the project plus you have to wait a month after getting pp before you can start work.  So in Oct my architect sent in application and in Dec I found out he hadn't applied for retention of a gate and the local planning office sent out for further info on this.  I told my architect at the time about the gate and he forgot.  So re applied Dec 22nd and yesterday I got a letter from pp office to say ' your application is invalid as your site notice (the one erected on the property or perimeter for everyone to see you're applying for pp)....is on white paper and not yellow as per regulation blah blah blah'.

I wanted to kill xxxx who signed the refusal.   However I truly believe that there is something bigger happening in 2021 and that God is delaying the pp for a reason.  The fact that it is such a ridiculous reason to invalidate an application is mind blowing but it does make a better penance.

Please God you'll be able to set up quickly elsewhere  :pray1: