Author Topic: Why are Satanists so obsessed with ..  (Read 229 times)

Offline pioflower

• Hellebardier
Why are Satanists so obsessed with ..
« on: January 07, 2021, 12:06:00 PM »
With the numbers 666
They always use this numbers, put them on price tags for their products , sing , use the number 6 for things

As far as I'm concerned it's only mentioned in the Bible once

But they seem to be obsessed with it

Just odd and quite sad

Offline james03

• Hauptmann
  • The Brutal Clarity of a Winter Morning
  • Religion: Catholic
Re: Why are Satanists so obsessed with ..
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2021, 05:27:54 PM »
It is associated with the anti-Christ, so they like it.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"

Offline aquinas138

• Wachtmeister
  • Παναγία Τριάς, ἐλέησον ἡμᾶς!
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2021, 05:33:16 PM »
Most "Satanists" are just provocateurs, and 666 on everything riles people up.
O Mary most pure, golden censer that became the tabernacle of the uncontainable divinity, in you the Father was well pleased; in you the Son did dwell; and the Holy Spirit, by overshadowing you, revealed you to be the Birthgiver of God.

The following users thanked this post: St.Justin, FamilyRosary

Offline TradGranny

• Mary Garden
  • Wachtmeister
  • Religion: Traditional Catholic
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2021, 06:30:40 PM »

C. S. Lewis said satan's most successful lie is to delude people that it does not exist.
Maybe the enemy's second, third and fourth most successful lies are:

There is no "Synagog of satan" as Jesus warned us in the Bible.
Most so-called "satanists" are just provocateurs.
Most so-called "satanists" are simply trying to "rile people up."
The "mystery of iniquity" we are warned about in the Bible is nothing to worry about.

The enemy of mankind is called by the Bible "the Price of Darkness.
To trivialize the reality of satanists in powerful positions in the U.S. government and globally is pure folly.

To have courage for whatever comes in life - everything lies in that.
Saint Teresa of Avila

The following users thanked this post: Elizabeth.2

Offline Daniel

• Feldwebel
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2021, 09:19:27 AM »
I think it's because they are under the influence of the devil.

The devil usually likes to keep himself hidden, so that people are duped into believing that he doesn't exist. But for some reason, the devil sometimes likes to make his presence explicitly known. So God sometimes permits him to do this (especially in pop culture), in order that Christians may more readily identify the works of Satan.

Also, I don't know about 666 specifically, but with witchcraft in general I think the devil might be doing it in order to desensitize the general public, in order to further dupe people into thinking that he doesn't exist. Like it used to be that everyone acknowledged witchcraft to be evil, and took it seriously. But these days people take it mostly as fiction, as if there aren't really any witches out there. (And then when they see wicca and stuff being practiced, they think little of it.)

On the human level, I think it's because the satanists explicitly acknowledge themselves to be haters of Christ (and/or haters of Christianity), so they deliberately use the number of the beast in order to get the point across.

Additionally, at least among the atheistic satanists it might be an attempt at mocking the idea that numbers have mystical meaning. To them it's all just pseudoscience and superstition. So they us the number 666 (and, to a lesser extent, 13) as a way of insinuating that Christians are idiots. That's my guess anyway.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2021, 09:24:16 AM by Daniel »

Offline aquinas138

• Wachtmeister
  • Παναγία Τριάς, ἐλέησον ἡμᾶς!
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2021, 01:10:11 PM »

C. S. Lewis said satan's most successful lie is to delude people that it does not exist.
Maybe the enemy's second, third and fourth most successful lies are:

There is no "Synagog of satan" as Jesus warned us in the Bible.
Most so-called "satanists" are just provocateurs.
Most so-called "satanists" are simply trying to "rile people up."
The "mystery of iniquity" we are warned about in the Bible is nothing to worry about.

The enemy of mankind is called by the Bible "the Price of Darkness.
To trivialize the reality of satanists in powerful positions in the U.S. government and globally is pure folly.

I am not trivializing anything. Most "Satanists," especially the type to put 666 everywhere, are just libertines who like to get a rise out of people by being "shocking." Of course they do actually serve Satan in their deeds, but they are not true devil-worshippers. I am not denying that there are actual devil-worshippers.
O Mary most pure, golden censer that became the tabernacle of the uncontainable divinity, in you the Father was well pleased; in you the Son did dwell; and the Holy Spirit, by overshadowing you, revealed you to be the Birthgiver of God.

The following users thanked this post: St.Justin