Author Topic: Calling myself out  (Read 236 times)

Offline Graham

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
Calling myself out
« on: December 26, 2020, 12:20:36 PM »
With the end of the year approaching I want to make a thread where I hold myself accountable for a few embarrassing mistakes I've made on SD over the last year. Since I can't remember everything, the OP is just my current Top 3. I'll add to this thread later if I think of more. Feel free to use this thread to similarly call yourself out, or just to pile on and berate me.

1. I have at times been very testy and insulting towards people here over disagreements. I have also posted quite a few arrogant one-liner responses in situations where I should either have put in a bit of effort, or if I wasn't willing to do that, just moved on without comment.

2. I was very wrong about the corona virus, and have basically reversed my tune on it 100% since February and March. I could offer an excuse about the lack of information we had at that point, but I have to admit that my intuition was wrong, and I placed too much trust in the medical establishment.

3. I regret referring to Tucker as a trickle down media whore after he demanded to see Powell's evidence. Going forward I will try to find a better way to reconcile optimism and loyalty in political matters with realism and critical thought.

The following users thanked this post: Maximilian, Padraig, Michael Wilson, diaduit, queen.saints, GiftOfGod, FamilyRosary

Offline james03

• Hauptmann
  • The Brutal Clarity of a Winter Morning
  • Religion: Catholic
Re: Calling myself out
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2020, 01:12:54 PM »
Humility.  A glorious virtue to behold and the secret of masculinity.  Well done brother. 

I also was fooled by COVID.  A hat tip to Kru. if he is still reading posts.  He was right.

And at the risk of tempting your humility, you are one of the posters I tend to read.  Merry Christmas.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"

The following users thanked this post: Graham, Lynne, Michael Wilson, FamilyRosary

Offline diaduit

• Mary Garden
  • Feldwebel
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2020, 02:43:44 PM »
Kru was spot on about PCR at the very start, his delivery was terrible but tbh his info was accurate.

I was having a conversation with a fellow truther (secular) and we were talking about how we were panicky and a bit manic in the beginning but we've settled so much more now, I believe that this is especially the case with anyone who was aware of the pandemic hoax and the possible election fraud and what may follow.  No wonder we were testy!!

God must be sending his graces to us truthers because my fellow truthers are much more calm and concentrating on preparing mentally, spiritually and physically for what looks like is coming down the road.

God Bless.

The following users thanked this post: Graham, Lynne

Offline james03

• Hauptmann
  • The Brutal Clarity of a Winter Morning
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2020, 02:46:43 PM »
I think it is because you don't like wearing face nappies. 

I still laugh at that term.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"

The following users thanked this post: diaduit

Offline diaduit

• Mary Garden
  • Feldwebel
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2020, 03:54:34 AM »
I think it is because you don't like wearing face nappies. 

I still laugh at that term.

Haahhaa, yes and I still haven't worn one.  Was in the credit union last week and a woman in front of me was nearly doing a spiderman up the walls to get away from me so I started yawning with a groan on the exhale....so funny.

The following users thanked this post: Michael Wilson