Author Topic: Two particular indulgences....  (Read 312 times)

Offline drummerboy

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
  • Religion: Christ ist erstanden
Two particular indulgences....
« on: December 20, 2020, 03:39:53 PM »
Anyone with the Angelus Press 1962 could go to page 96 to see the relevant prayers.

Question the first: The Prayer Before a Crucifix.  Does the recitation indeed carry a plenary indulgence (under the usual conditions of course)?  I have looked in other sources and cannot find a definitive answer, however, I seem to have recalled reading as such in the Baltimore Catechism, but cannot find the reference.

Question the second: Pope St. Pius X's "Act of Resignation to the Divine Will."  A plenary indulgence is attached to this prayer at the hour of death after confession and Communion.  Are these the usual plenary indulgence conditions, or is it as the text states, directly after confession and Communion.  It seems a bit vague.

Thank you! :cheeseheadbeer:
"Mightier than the sound of many waters, mightier than the surgings of the sea: mighty is the Lord on high"
- Ps 92:4

Offline Prayerful

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
  • Religion: Catholic
Re: Two particular indulgences....
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2020, 04:06:14 PM »
'A plenary indulgence is attached to the recitation of this prayers before a figure of Christ crucified, subject to confession, communion and prayers for the intention of the Sovereign Pontiff (Clement VIII, Benedict XIV, Pius VII, Pius IX, Leo XIII and Pius XI). Since 1933, one Our Father, Hail Mary and Glory be is sufficient,' according to the St Andrew's Missal, 1940. This still appears to hold, with other prayers having reduced indulgences, while from the same source 'by a special act of Pius X, on the 9th March 1904 a plenary indulgence was attached 'in articulo mortis' to the following prayer even when recited in full health long before death, after confession and communion' for the Act of Resignation.
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

Offline drummerboy

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2021, 01:05:03 AM »
https://d2y1pz2y630308.cloudfront.net/1336/documents/indulgences.pdf

Scroll to page 22.  The "Prayer Before a Crucifix" is a plenary indulgence when recited during any Friday of Lent
"Mightier than the sound of many waters, mightier than the surgings of the sea: mighty is the Lord on high"

Online mikemac

• Hauptmann
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2021, 04:34:57 PM »
https://d2y1pz2y630308.cloudfront.net/1336/documents/indulgences.pdf

Scroll to page 22.  The "Prayer Before a Crucifix" is a plenary indulgence when recited during any Friday of Lent

Page 22?  I must be going blind cause I can't see it on page 22.  I scrolled some of the other pages but couldn't find it there either.
Like John Vennari (RIP) said "Why not just do it?  What would it hurt?"
Consecrate Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Mary (PETITION)
https://lifepetitions.com/petition/consecrate-russia-to-the-immaculate-heart-of-mary-petition

"We would be mistaken to think that Fatima’s prophetic mission is complete." Benedict XVI May 13, 2010

"Tell people that God gives graces through the Immaculate Heart of Mary.  Tell them also to pray to the Immaculate Heart of Mary for peace, since God has entrusted it to Her." Saint Jacinta Marto

The real nature of hope is “despair, overcome.”
Source

Offline drummerboy

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2021, 08:10:35 PM »
Oops!  Page 25, prayer no. 22

The following users thanked this post: mikemac, Lynne

Online mikemac

• Hauptmann
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2021, 08:29:46 PM »
Oops!  Page 25, prayer no. 22

Thank you sir.  That's a good one.

22. Look down upon me, good and gentle Jesus
(En ego, o bone et dulcissime Iesu)

Look down upon me, good and gentle Jesus, while before your face I humbly kneel, and with burning soul pray and beseech you to fix deep in my heart lively sentiments of faith, hope and charity, true contrition for my sins, and a firm purpose of amendment, while I contemplate with great love and tender pity your five wounds, pondering over them within me, calling to mind the words which David, your prophet, said of you, my good Jesus: "They have pierced my hands and my feet; they have numbered all my bones" (Ps 21, 17-18).

A plenary indulgence is granted on each Friday of Lent and Passiontide to the faithful, who after Communion piously recite the above prayer before an image of Christ crucified; on other days of the year the indulgence is partial.
Like John Vennari (RIP) said "Why not just do it?  What would it hurt?"
Consecrate Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Mary (PETITION)
https://lifepetitions.com/petition/consecrate-russia-to-the-immaculate-heart-of-mary-petition

"We would be mistaken to think that Fatima’s prophetic mission is complete." Benedict XVI May 13, 2010

"Tell people that God gives graces through the Immaculate Heart of Mary.  Tell them also to pray to the Immaculate Heart of Mary for peace, since God has entrusted it to Her." Saint Jacinta Marto

The real nature of hope is “despair, overcome.”
Source

The following users thanked this post: Lynne, diaduit