Author Topic: Happy Feast of Saint Andrew-11-30-20-Happy Day to our Chief as well!;)  (Read 196 times)

Offline Christe Eleison

• Mary Garden
  • Wachtmeister
  • Religion: Catholic
Monday, November 30, 2020

HAPPY FEAST OF SAINT ANDREW! :pray3:

The St. Andrew Christmas Novena is recited 15 times daily from the Feast of St. Andrew (November 30th) until Christmas day.  Traditionally novenas are prayers said over a 9-day period, but the St. Andrew Novena is unique in that it is supposed to be said during the Advent season and the Novena is addressed to God, not St. Andrew, asking Him to grant our petitions in honor of the birth of Christ.

Although it is recommended that this novena be started on November 30, it is ok if it is begun later, especially if one forgets to pray it or has never heard of the St. Andrew Novena.  It is also acceptable to break up the novena throughout the day, you could literally pray 5 times in the morning, afternoon, and evening and meet the obligation of this prayer.  For the sake of convenience and accuracy this visual Novena includes the prayer recited 15 times and includes instrumental Christmas music for your spiritual reflection.

Saint Andrew Christmas Novena

Hail and blessed be the hour and moment in which the Son of God was born of the

most pure Virgin Mary, at midnight, in Bethlehem, in piercing cold. In that hour,

vouchsafe, O my God! to hear my prayer and grant my desires, (Mention your prayer

request) through the merits of Our Savior Jesus Christ, and of His Blessed Mother.

Amen.               
:pray3:

Happy Feast Day to our Chief as well! :pray2:

The following users thanked this post: Lynne, Prayerful, Blue Violet

Offline Christe Eleison

• Mary Garden
  • Wachtmeister
Happy Feast of Saint Andrew-11-30-20-Happy Day to our Chief as well!;) Day 2 N
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2020, 12:02:44 AM »
Hail and blessed be the hour and moment in which the Son of God was born

of the most pure Virgin Mary, at midnight, in Bethlehem, in piercing cold.

In that hour vouchsafe, I beseech Thee, O my God, to hear my prayer and grant my

desires through the merits of Our Savior Jesus Christ, and of His blessed Mother.

Amen.

:pray2: :pray3:

Praying for the intentions & needs of the members of this forum  :pray3:

Offline Christe Eleison

• Mary Garden
  • Wachtmeister
Happy Feast of Saint Andrew-11-30-20-Happy Day to our Chief as well!;)
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2020, 03:56:20 PM »
       Saint Andrew Christmas Novena

Hail and blessed be the hour and moment in which the Son of God was born of the

most pure Virgin Mary, at midnight, in Bethlehem, in piercing cold. In that hour,

vouchsafe, O my God! to hear my prayer and grant my desires.

Intentions & needs of the forum members, relatives, neighbors, etc. 

:pray3: through the merits of Our Savior Jesus Christ, and of His Blessed Mother.

Amen.                :pray3: