Author Topic: NOTICE: Forum behavior, posting, language  (Read 691 times)

Offline Kaesekopf

• Enkindle in us the virtues of humility and patience So we too may obediently do your will faithfully.
  • Oberst
  • Major
    • Suscipe Domine
  • Religion: Catholic
NOTICE: Forum behavior, posting, language
« on: November 21, 2020, 03:12:14 PM »
Forum,
I've never claimed I was a responsible or on-the-ball kinda guy, but I do make attempts and try to be a better Forum Admin, even if I kinda suck at it.

That being admitted, I need to update you on Forum Administration and Moderation.

1)  Forum Rules will begin to be enforced once again.  The chief Rule I will be enforcing (with varying levels of punishment, all of which will consist of at least a ban of a few days) is the language one.
--Vulgarities are forbidden on this forum.  You are not "in person" here, so you have time to compose and edit your thoughts. Please exercise that ability.
This Forum is a public forum, it is a traditional Catholic forum, and it is a mixed-company forum.  Keep the vulgar language out with your guy friends or the secular world.  Many people use this place as a bulwark against the ills of the modern world.  Please respect that.

2)  I have cleared out my backlog of "Reported Posts."  I appreciate the posters who have been reporting content that is breaking rules, and I hope that continues.  With the backlog cleared out, I intend to be more responsive and on-the-ball with respect to Forum Rule Violations. 

3)  I'm still slowly fleshing out additional moderators.  They're on the horizon. 

Those are, at this point, the only points I think need addressing. 

Questions or concerns, feel free to ask. 
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Offline Vetus Ordo

• Feldwebel
  • Hopeful Fatalist
Re: NOTICE: Forum behavior, posting, language
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2020, 01:02:59 PM »
I'm still slowly fleshing out additional moderators.  They're on the horizon.

This is a critical aspect and it has been for years now.

You should get around to doing it soon. 2020 is almost over and the forum remains without moderators.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2020, 01:04:30 PM by Vetus Ordo »
DISPOSE OUR DAYS IN THY PEACE, AND COMMAND US TO BE DELIVERED FROM ETERNAL DAMNATION, AND TO BE NUMBERED IN THE FLOCK OF THINE ELECT.

The following users thanked this post: Fleur-de-Lys

Offline Michael Wilson

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2020, 01:11:23 PM »
Great news.
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

The following users thanked this post: Lynne

Offline Prayerful

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2020, 02:57:46 PM »
'Fleshing out,' half like Kaese is Victor creating Frankenstein in his lab.

New mod:

Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

Offline Kaesekopf

• Enkindle in us the virtues of humility and patience So we too may obediently do your will faithfully.
  • Oberst
  • Major
    • Suscipe Domine
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2020, 04:34:44 PM »

New mod:

If only :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Offline Non Nobis

• Why are you fearful?
  • Mary Garden
  • Hauptmann
  • Religion: Roman Catholic
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2020, 12:18:14 AM »

New mod:

If only :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Resized so he almost fits my PC screen.  NOW I'll obey him!!! Too big to see before!
[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Jesus, Mary, I love Thee! Save souls!

The following users thanked this post: Lynne, Michael Wilson, Christe Eleison

Offline Heinrich

• Steig mal auf den Berg hinauf
  • St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
  • Gott, wende Dich zu uns und gib uns neues Leben
  • Religion: römisch-katholisch
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2020, 09:47:26 AM »
Meanwhile, the Islamaphiliac posts willy nilly against approved revelation without so much as a peep.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Offline Vetus Ordo

• Feldwebel
  • Hopeful Fatalist
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2020, 05:44:45 PM »
Meanwhile, the Islamaphiliac...

That's not a word.

...posts willy nilly against approved revelation without so much as a peep.

In all seriousness, Heinrich, aren't you a teacher?

You should be able to interpret texts and engage meaningfully with arguments.
DISPOSE OUR DAYS IN THY PEACE, AND COMMAND US TO BE DELIVERED FROM ETERNAL DAMNATION, AND TO BE NUMBERED IN THE FLOCK OF THINE ELECT.

Offline Heinrich

• Steig mal auf den Berg hinauf
  • St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
  • Gott, wende Dich zu uns und gib uns neues Leben
  • Religion: römisch-katholisch
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2020, 06:09:52 PM »

That's not a word.

Deleted per reasonable request of a nice lady.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 08:51:55 PM by Heinrich »
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

The following users thanked this post: Non Nobis, maryslittlegarden

Offline Non Nobis

• Why are you fearful?
  • Mary Garden
  • Hauptmann
  • Religion: Roman Catholic
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2020, 08:48:04 PM »

That's not a word.

Heinrich you should just have not responded. Mixed company here.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 08:49:53 PM by Non Nobis »
[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Jesus, Mary, I love Thee! Save souls!

The following users thanked this post: maryslittlegarden, Lynne, MundaCorMeum