Author Topic: SSPX statement on Covid 19 Vaccine  (Read 2623 times)

Offline Miriam_M

• Mary Garden
  • Hauptmann
  • Never have been "MiriamB"
  • Religion: Traditional Roman Catholic
Re: SSPX statement on Covid 19 Vaccine
« Reply #45 on: December 07, 2020, 04:47:46 PM »
It has been called by a prominent doctor/nutritionist "Faith based medicine." 

Hysteria has corrupted medicine in this country, overall in 2020, and i find it really troubling, because when the practice of medicine ceases to be a scientific and rational endeavor, the country will have no reliable reference points.

I'm not sure exactly when the practice of medicine started coming off the rails, but when the APA removed homosexuality as a mental disorder in 1973, it had to be a key moment when true medicine/science was pushed aside by the politically connected.

Good point.

Online Philip G.

• Wachtmeister
  • Ordinary Cult
  • Religion: Catholic
« Reply #46 on: December 07, 2020, 10:12:36 PM »
It has been called by a prominent doctor/nutritionist "Faith based medicine." 

Hysteria has corrupted medicine in this country, overall in 2020, and i find it really troubling, because when the practice of medicine ceases to be a scientific and rational endeavor, the country will have no reliable reference points.

I'm not sure exactly when the practice of medicine started coming off the rails, but when the APA removed homosexuality as a mental disorder in 1973, it had to be a key moment when true medicine/science was pushed aside by the politically connected.

Good point.

Medicine went off the rails when Christendom allowed dissection of the dead over the corporal work of mercy(bury the dead).  In the name of medicine, they believed it was a greater mercy.  How wrong they are.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2020, 10:16:41 PM by Philip G. »
For the stone shall cry out of the wall; and the timber that is between the joints of the building, shall answer.  Woe to him that buildeth a town with blood, and prepareth a city by iniquity. - Habacuc 2,11-12

The following users thanked this post: Tennessean

Offline OCLittleFlower

• Mary Garden
  • Hauptmann
  • CALIFORNIA DEPLORABLE
  • Religion: Trad to the max!
« Reply #47 on: January 19, 2021, 07:07:49 AM »
No surprise after Jerome Kunkel wouldn’t get the chickenpox vaccine and he was suspended from SSPX school and attacked all over the world for it.

At least the governor stood up for him.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-6826603/Kentucky-teen-refuses-chickenpox-vaccine-SUES-school.html?ico=amp-comments-addcomment#article-6826603

Kentucky teen who refuses to get the chickenpox vaccine 'because it contains aborted fetal cells' sues his school for barring him from basketball practice and classes

Jerome Kunkel is an 18-year-old senior and basketball captain at a Catholic school in Walton
He objects to vaccines because he believes they 'contain aborted fetal cells'
Experts say this theory is a major driver fueling the measles outbreak in Washington state's Russian-speaking community
Some vaccines are derived from a small sample of cells taken from two fetuses of elective abortions in the early 1960s
Pope Benedict XVI ruled that all vaccines are morally acceptable regardless of where they came from because they protect children from suffering
But many Catholics are still hesitant to vaccinate
Kunkel's stance means he is banned from completing classes and extracurricular activities at Our Lady of the Sacred Heart/Assumption Academy
The county is experiencing an outbreak affecting 32 people

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/21/us/kentucky-governor-chickenpox.html

Remember Chickenpox Parties? Kentucky Governor Says He Let His 9 Children Get the Virus

In the radio interview in Kentucky, Mr. Bevin, the governor, who is 52 and a Republican, suggested that the government should not be involved in regulating vaccines.

“For some people, and for some parents, for some reason they choose otherwise,” he said of those who avoid vaccinations. “This is America. The federal government should not be forcing this upon people. They just shouldn’t.”

An SSPX school? For not having the chicken pox vaccine? Man...

Seems to me that even those who believe Catholics can morally excuse the methods of making the vaccine should acknowledge that this doesn't mean that we *must* get them. If the lad's conscience is violated, he shouldn't be required to get a vaccine against a simple childhood illness.
-- currently writing a Trad romance entitled Flirting with Sedevacantism --

Если вы можете прочитать это, вы лучше.

The following users thanked this post: queen.saints, Blue Violet

Offline Therese

• Hellebardier
« Reply #48 on: January 19, 2021, 09:16:13 PM »
That article is wildly inaccurate. He did not sue the school, and the school did not suspend him. He sued the health department. The state has religious exemptions for vaccines and the school was not requiring him to get any. There is more to the story than inaccurate internet articles.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2021, 09:18:06 PM by Therese »

The following users thanked this post: OCLittleFlower

Offline Non Nobis

• Why are you fearful?
  • Mary Garden
  • Hauptmann
  • Religion: Roman Catholic
« Reply #49 on: January 20, 2021, 01:55:25 AM »
That article is wildly inaccurate. He did not sue the school, and the school did not suspend him. He sued the health department. The state has religious exemptions for vaccines and the school was not requiring him to get any. There is more to the story than inaccurate internet articles.

Here's an article that supports that he sued the health department in Kentucky, not the SSPX school. https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2019/05/08/student-who-sued-over-chickenpox-policy-comes-down-illness/

But I'm not clear about a religious exemption in the state. In fact he lost his case and appeal(s).https://nkyhealth.org/individual-or-family/health-alerts/chickenpox-outbreak/

Oh here's another article that is helpful: https://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2019/07/01/vaccines-kentucky-students-lose-appeal-ban-chickenpox-outbreak-boone-county/1614020001/.   Apparently the religious exemption can be overridden in a serious crisis/outbreak.

Therese, do you have other more accurate information?  It's good to see things in writing.

[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Jesus, Mary, I love Thee! Save souls!

The following users thanked this post: queen.saints

Offline queen.saints

• Mary Garden
  • Wachtmeister
  • Religion: Catholic
« Reply #50 on: January 20, 2021, 06:55:07 AM »

The article does an accurate enough job of portraying the version of events that we heard from the parties involved, as well.