Author Topic: Women's head coverings should be opaque?  (Read 2724 times)

Offline GiftOfGod

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Korporal
  • Religion: Catholic (traditional)
Re: Women's head coverings should be opaque?
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2020, 11:35:40 PM »
I'm no expert, but anybody else noticing what I'm noticing?   :shrug:

The APA's DSM states the following criteria for Antisocial PD: A. There is a pervasive pattern of disregard for and violation of the rights of others occurring since age 15 years, as indicated by three (or more) of the following:

(1) failure to conform to social norms with respect to lawful behaviors as indicated by repeatedly performing acts that are grounds for arrest
The rest of the sentence says that I would need to be "repeatedly performing acts that are grounds for arrest". What proof do you have of me committing usch acts?

(2) deceitfulness, as indicated by repeated lying, use of aliases, or conning others for personal profit or pleasure
What have I "repeated lying" about? What "use of  aliases" other than my username?

(4) irritability and aggressiveness, as indicated by repeated physical fights or assaults
The rest of the sentence says "as indicated by repeated physical fights or assaults". What proof do you have of these?

(7) lack of remorse, as indicated by being indifferent to or rationalizing having hurt, mistreated, or stolen from another
What lack of remorse have I had?  And how have I been "indifferent to or rationalizing having hurt, mistreated, or stolen from another"?

And Narcissistic Personality Disorder:

A pervasive pattern of grandiosity (in fantasy or behavior), need for admiration, and lack of empathy, beginning by early adulthood and present in a variety of contexts, as indicated by five (or more) of the following:

(1) has a grandiose sense of self-importance (e.g., exaggerates achievements and talents, expects to be recognized as superior without commensurate achievements)
How do I have a grandiose sense of self-importance? How have I "exaggerated achievments and talents"? How have I expected to be "recognized as superior without commensurate achievments"?

(2) is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love 
How am I preoocupied with fantasies of "brilliance, beauty, or ideal love"?

(3) believes that he or she is "special" and unique and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high-status people (or institutions)
Where and when have I indicated this?

(4) requires excessive admiration
What have I posted that makes you think that I require "excessive admiration"?

(5) has a sense of entitlement, i.e., unreasonable expectations of especially favorable treatment or automatic compliance with his or her expectations
To what do I have a sense of entitlement? What "unreasonable expectation of equally favorable treatment" do I have? What expectations do I have that I require "automatic compliance" with?

(6) is interpersonally exploitative, i.e., takes advantage of others to achieve his or her own ends
Who and how have I expoited or taken advantage of someone? And to achieve what ends?

(7) lacks empathy: is unwilling to recognize or identify with the feelings and needs of others
What feelings or needs of others have I been unwilling to recognize or identify with?

(9) shows arrogant, haughty behaviors or attitudes
What and whem, specifically, have I done that shows this?

If you cannot provide proof to back up the claims you made in bold font, then this is calumny. Be sure to ask your priest if prefacing it with "I'm not expert" and an emoticon will turn upgrade your calumny from a mortal sin to a venial sin.

The following users thanked this post: Jayne

Offline christulsa

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
    • The Okie Traditionalist Blog
  • Religion: Traditional Catholic
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2020, 11:59:26 PM »
1.  Your username.

2.  Your avatar.

3.  You argue like a Dimond brother.

4.  You sound conceited.

5.  Your disdain of women you dated.

6.  Your tantrum over the Feeneyite Rule.

7.  Your complete lack of self-awareness, and your mostly belligerent posts since joining.

8.  You're behaving like a Troll.

I'm not a psychiatrist, but you'd have to have your head in the sand not to see this pattern in your posting history so far.  I suspect you do, but are just playing mind games with complete strangers for your own personal pleasure, because you don''t have anything better to do with yourself.  THAT would be something you should bring up in Confession.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2020, 12:02:24 AM by christulsa »

The following users thanked this post: diaduit

Offline GiftOfGod

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Korporal
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2020, 12:59:50 AM »
1.  Your username.
My username is the English translation of my Christian name, not some weird contraction of the Son of God's name and some flyover town on an Indian reservation, such as your user name.

2.  Your avatar.
My avatar is of a Marvel comic book character and was actually taken from a longtime user on here. He was active on FishEaters years ago and this was his exact avatar  that he used for years on that forum. He even has a similar avatar on this forum right now.

3.  You argue like a Dimond brother.
I take that as a compliment because they have never been beaten in a debate (I've listen to all of them) and their arguments are always extremely well-sourced.

4.  You sound conceited.
OK? That's an opinion that you're free to have but it has no bearing on the psychological diagnostic criteria you posted in this thread.

5.  Your disdain of women you dated.
Unlike you, I don't harbor feelings for every woman that I ever went on a first date with. Maybe you do because you married the first girl you kissed, and good for you if that's the case. But it is ridicoulous to equate not having feelings for "disdain". I didn't even know most of the women I dated long enough to remember their names and faces, let alone harbor disdain for them. This obviously bothers you and it's understandible if you've only dated one woman in your life.

6.  Your tantrum over the Feeneyite Rule.
Ha! You call the following a "tantrum"?

So just because the Holy Office condemned Feeneyism, it's not able to be discussed on this forum? What about heliocentrism? That too was condemned by the Holy Office. I have noticed quite a few pro-"Orthodox" posts. That has been dogmatically condemned by Councils (which is higher than the Holy Office; the Holy Office is not infallible). Why is that permitted on this forum but not Feeneyism? Feeneyism has not been dogmatically condemned and there is actually Holy Scripture and Dogma to back it up.
You obviously have never had children or set foot outside your mobile home if you consider than a "tantrum".

7.  Your complete lack of self-awareness, and your mostly belligerent posts since joining.
Self-awareness is actually a character trait of mine. I have been told this by many people over the years. I am aware of all my faults to the point where, at one time, I found fault in areas where there were none. I'm very hard on myself (which is what has driven me to success in life), not that you will ever get to know me but I feel like putting that out there since you are claiming that I have a "complete lack of self-awareness".

8.  You're behaving like a Troll.
I think that you're the one behaving like a troll. Who follows a user around and asks what physical exercises he does while also calling him a homosexual and mentally ill? You do.

I'm not a psychiatrist, but you'd have to have your head in the sand not to see this pattern in your posting history so far.  I suspect you do, but are just playing mind games with complete strangers for your own personal pleasure, because you don''t have anything better to do with yourself.  THAT would be something you should bring up in Confession.

I rebutted point-by-point to your accusations of my being a sociopath and a narcissist. You can't answer the rebuttals because you know that you have no rebuttals. Regarding the "mind games" that you speak of: provide some examples. I don't think you have examples of "mind games" because you didn't have examples of the bolded diagnostic criteria that you posted in this thread.

And I'll have you know that I am very blessed to have a job where I have a lot of free time on the clock and I choose to spend it on Catholic web sites (including this one) instead of watching frivilous and sinful videos, which is what my coworkers and subordinates prefer.

Offline mikemac

• Hauptmann
  • Religion: Catholic
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2020, 01:15:02 AM »
tltr
Like John Vennari (RIP) said "Why not just do it?  What would it hurt?"
Consecrate Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Mary (PETITION)
https://lifepetitions.com/petition/consecrate-russia-to-the-immaculate-heart-of-mary-petition

"We would be mistaken to think that Fatima’s prophetic mission is complete." Benedict XVI May 13, 2010

"Tell people that God gives graces through the Immaculate Heart of Mary.  Tell them also to pray to the Immaculate Heart of Mary for peace, since God has entrusted it to Her." Saint Jacinta Marto

The real nature of hope is “despair, overcome.”
Source

The following users thanked this post: Christe Eleison

Offline TheReturnofLive

• The Gentile
  • Wachtmeister
  • An Excommunicant
  • Religion: Doubting Roman Catholic
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2020, 03:46:53 AM »
I take that as a compliment because they have never been beaten in a debate (I've listen to all of them) and their arguments are always extremely well-sourced.

I'm glad you just outed your identity.
High iq individual

Offline GiftOfGod

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Korporal
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2020, 04:26:56 AM »

I'm glad you just outed your identity.
High iq individual

OK, please show me a debate that they lost.

Offline christulsa

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
    • The Okie Traditionalist Blog
  • Religion: Traditional Catholic
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2020, 05:25:15 AM »
1.  I do not believe you.

2.  You're not a comic book hero.

3.  The Dimond bros. and their followers are complete nutters.

4.  Arrogance is a criterion.  You are arrogant.

5.  You repeatedly said and defended the statement "all those women meant nothing to me."

6. The tantrum was to repeatedly complain to the forum owner about the Rule.

7. Are you self-aware you are acting anti-social?  That in a single week you've pissed off nearly the entire forum?

I'm done.  But keep arguing if you must, I'm sure you will until you feel you won the argument.   I predict you'll continue as you are, and not last 2 more weeks here...

The following users thanked this post: diaduit

Offline Daniel

• Feldwebel
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2020, 10:16:46 AM »
« Last Edit: November 18, 2020, 10:21:30 AM by Daniel »

Offline coffeeandcigarette

• Mary Garden
  • Korporal
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2020, 03:01:42 PM »

The following users thanked this post: MundaCorMeum

Offline GiftOfGod

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Korporal
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2020, 03:05:42 PM »
1.  I do not believe you.
That's fine. But it's interesting that the user Jane explained it to you already (and as thanked by four other users, no less).
GiftOfGod, to whom or to what are you referring by “Gift” in your username?   :huh:

The names "Jonathan" and "Nathaniel" mean "gift of God" coming from the Hebrew and so do the names "Theodore" and "Dorothy" coming from the Greek and "Adeodatus" from Latin.  I suspect that most languages would have a variant of this name since it is typical for parents to see their children as a gift from God.

2.  You're not a comic book hero.
I rarely use sarcasm but...REALLY!?!? I DID NOT KNOW THAT!!!!! WOW, THIS WHOLE TIME I THOUGHT I WAS!

3.  The Dimond bros. and their followers are complete nutters.
You don't have an argument, so you resort to name-calling. Just another example of bad will that you will have to answer for.

4.  Arrogance is a criterion.  You are arrogant.
Am I? I don't think I'm more arrogant than any other poster on this forum. What posts, specifically, did I show arrogance in?

5.  You repeatedly said and defended the statement "all those women meant nothing to me."
We're going in circles here. I don't harbor emotional feelings for women that I took on one date. Maybe you do, White Knight, but that is your problem.

6. The tantrum was to repeatedly complain to the forum owner about the Rule.
I wouldn't call engaging in a discussion on the topic of the forum improvement "repeatedly complaining" but if you consider that a "tantrum", then what do you call following me around the web site?

7. Are you self-aware you are acting anti-social?  That in a single week you've pissed off nearly the entire forum?
Aside from my traditional Catholicism, I do not behave contrary to the laws or customs of society. Thanks for at least downgrading your criterion from a personality disorder to a mere dictionary definition which although is vague, I can dispatch just as easily.
There are over 1,900 members on this entire forum. Just because you and your circle jerk buddies got your panties in a wad doesn't mean that I've "pissed off nearly the entire forum". I don't think I would have gotten 11 thanks if that were the case.

« Last Edit: November 18, 2020, 03:18:52 PM by GiftOfGod »

Offline mikemac

• Hauptmann
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2020, 03:08:45 PM »

I am so curious now...lol

"Women's head coverings should be pocka dot?"

I think. lol
Like John Vennari (RIP) said "Why not just do it?  What would it hurt?"
Consecrate Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Mary (PETITION)
https://lifepetitions.com/petition/consecrate-russia-to-the-immaculate-heart-of-mary-petition

"We would be mistaken to think that Fatima’s prophetic mission is complete." Benedict XVI May 13, 2010

"Tell people that God gives graces through the Immaculate Heart of Mary.  Tell them also to pray to the Immaculate Heart of Mary for peace, since God has entrusted it to Her." Saint Jacinta Marto

The real nature of hope is “despair, overcome.”
Source

The following users thanked this post: St.Justin, coffeeandcigarette, Christe Eleison

Offline Prayerful

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2020, 03:11:13 PM »
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

The following users thanked this post: Christe Eleison

Offline GiftOfGod

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Korporal
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2020, 03:17:56 PM »
I would like to address this one post.

I suspect you[...] are just playing mind games [...]

I will show, chronologically, that this is a projection. It is YOU who are playing mind games. Bold emphasis is mine.

You must have anti-social personality disorder, or maybe narcissistic personality disorder, IF even then these women, including the Catholic ones, "meant nothing to you."

I apologize if I offended you, GoG, that was not my intention, and for suggesting your attitude about women—in the terms you used in this thread—might indicate some kind of psychological disorder.  Yes, I am not a mental health expert.  Sorry I was not able to help you better with your situation.

Again, I am sorry I offended you, and tried to diagnose you.  That was wrong.

Oh brother.   ::)  Ok, let me explain, one Gift of God.  Two apologies don't seem to be enough for you.

I'm no expert, but anybody else noticing what I'm noticing?   :shrug:

The APA's DSM states the following criteria for Antisocial PD:

A. There is a pervasive pattern of disregard for and violation of the rights of others occurring since age 15 years, as indicated by three (or more) of the following:

The OP will never find a spouse.

He already has.

Offline coffeeandcigarette

• Mary Garden
  • Korporal
« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2020, 06:19:55 PM »
Just because you and your circle jerk buddies got your panties in a wad

Let us try to keep things civil. It seems to me that you make an effort to be gentlemanly, please keep it up despite provocation.

The following users thanked this post: Traditionallyruralmom, Christina_S, Christe Eleison

Offline GiftOfGod

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Korporal
« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2020, 06:28:21 PM »
Just because you and your circle jerk buddies got your panties in a wad

Let us try to keep things civil. It seems to me that you make an effort to be gentlemanly, please keep it up despite provocation.

I'm done trying. The mods here don't care, so I'm not going to fight with one hand if others are fighting with both hands.