Author Topic: Arouca Press  (Read 260 times)

Offline Lynne

• Thankful to be Catholic!
  • Mary Garden
  • Hauptmann
  • Religion: Catholic
Arouca Press
« on: November 15, 2020, 01:51:09 PM »
I know the owner of Arouca Press announced here when they published their first book on Meditations for Each Day by Cardinal Bacci.

They have since published many more books, including

A Centenary Meditation on a Quest for Purification Gone Mad (2018 Gardone Lectures) by Dr. John Rao
A Limerickal Commentary on the Second Vatican Council (Edited by Hugh Somerville Knapman, OSB)
A Pilgrimage to Jasna by Waw Reymont (First English translation by Filip Mazurczak)
Beatus Vir: Denis the Carthusian's Commentary on the Psalms (Vol. 1 - Psalms 1 - 25) <--- I just ordered this
Breaking the Chains of Mediocrity by Carol Jackson Robinson (Book 1/Collected Works)
Christ Wants More: Ignatian Principles and Ideals on Prayer and Action by Fr. Frank Holland, S.J.
Christ's Church: Dogmatic Theology, Volumes 1 - 3 by Msgr. G. Van Noort (Arouca Press Reprint)
De Oratione: A Collection of Humbert of Romans' Writings on Prayer (Translation by Fr. Thomas Crean, OP)
Designs for Christian Living by Carol Jackson Robinson (Book 3/Collected Works)
Integrity: Volume 1 (October - December 1946)
Integrity: Volume 2 (January - June 1947)
Liberalism: A Critique of Its Basic Principles and Its Various Forms (Newly Revised Translation by Thomas Storck)

Check them out!

https://aroucapress.com/

In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael’s Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

“My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you’re supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen.”

The following users thanked this post: Kaesekopf, Jayne, Clare, Christe Eleison

Offline Christe Eleison

• Mary Garden
  • Wachtmeister
Re: Arouca Press- Thanks, Lynne! :) 11-15-20
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2020, 02:12:48 PM »
I know the owner of Arouca Press announced here when they published their first book on Meditations for Each Day by Cardinal Bacci.

They have since published many more books, including

A Centenary Meditation on a Quest for Purification Gone Mad (2018 Gardone Lectures) by Dr. John Rao
A Limerickal Commentary on the Second Vatican Council (Edited by Hugh Somerville Knapman, OSB)
A Pilgrimage to Jasna by Waw Reymont (First English translation by Filip Mazurczak)
Beatus Vir: Denis the Carthusian's Commentary on the Psalms (Vol. 1 - Psalms 1 - 25) <--- I just ordered this
Breaking the Chains of Mediocrity by Carol Jackson Robinson (Book 1/Collected Works)
Christ Wants More: Ignatian Principles and Ideals on Prayer and Action by Fr. Frank Holland, S.J.
Christ's Church: Dogmatic Theology, Volumes 1 - 3 by Msgr. G. Van Noort (Arouca Press Reprint)
De Oratione: A Collection of Humbert of Romans' Writings on Prayer (Translation by Fr. Thomas Crean, OP)
Designs for Christian Living by Carol Jackson Robinson (Book 3/Collected Works)
Integrity: Volume 1 (October - December 1946)
Integrity: Volume 2 (January - June 1947)
Liberalism: A Critique of Its Basic Principles and Its Various Forms (Newly Revised Translation by Thomas Storck)

Check them out!

https://aroucapress.com/

Great link & info., thanks Lynne!  :)

The following users thanked this post: Lynne

Offline Kaesekopf

• Enkindle in us the virtues of humility and patience So we too may obediently do your will faithfully.
  • Oberst
  • Major
    • Suscipe Domine
Re: Arouca Press
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2020, 06:32:52 PM »
All of their offerings are really cool.  The guy does good work! 

Also, he is publishing Schuster's "Sacramentary"!
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

The following users thanked this post: Lynne

Offline Lynne

• Thankful to be Catholic!
  • Mary Garden
  • Hauptmann
Re: Arouca Press
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2020, 08:32:01 PM »
And he's doing this all on the side while holding down a full-time job.
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael’s Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

“My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you’re supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen.”