Author Topic: Separate property in marriage?  (Read 6684 times)

Offline GiftOfGod

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Wachtmeister
  • Religion: Catholic (traditional)
Re: Separate property in marriage?
« Reply #180 on: December 29, 2020, 01:45:33 AM »
And perhaps, as an aspiring wife who truly want to love her husband, she would not mind it initially just because she wanted to be a GOOD and GIVING wife.

What would she be giving? It's not hers to give.

I am not a layer, but if you WANT that sole property, just setup a trust or some kind of rental LLC who would be the owner (I am sure there are ways of doing so), make sure it goes to your wife in case you die before her and never bring it up. Not because you want to manage the potential divorce situation (fear driven) but because you WANT things be that way (strong will driven).

Estate planning is important but even without it, a spouse automatically inherits.

You are right about motorcycling. I'm giving that up once my future wife gets pregnant. I'm not worried about dying before is pregnant. Young and childless widows are still desirable in tradom and she'd bring quite a dowry to her next marriage.

Offline andy

• Hellebardier
« Reply #181 on: December 29, 2020, 08:11:50 PM »
What would she be giving? It's not hers to give.

Herself. All her life. Every moment of it. For you.

I'm giving that up once my future wife gets pregnant.

Why?

Offline GiftOfGod

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Wachtmeister
« Reply #182 on: December 29, 2020, 10:03:43 PM »
I'm giving that up once my future wife gets pregnant.

Why?

Because riding when you have a pregnant wife is an unacceptable risk. I thought I made it clear that widowing a young childless trad isn't that bad. You should be able to draw the conclusion from that statement that it is very bad to widow a young trad with a child. Her value on the trad marriage market is nil as a single mother, she can't work to support her child without depriving her child of a mother, and the child is deprived of a father. Bad all around compared to:
Young and childless widows are still desirable in tradom and she'd bring quite a dowry to her next marriage.

By dowry, I'm referring to her inheriting my assets and getting a life insurance payout.

Offline andy

• Hellebardier
« Reply #183 on: December 29, 2020, 10:43:25 PM »
Because riding when you have a pregnant wife is an unacceptable risk.

If your skills suck, then yes.

Offline GiftOfGod

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Wachtmeister
« Reply #184 on: January 06, 2021, 12:47:17 AM »

I did a ride-a-long with a traffic cop once. He said that being the world's best/safest motorcyclist won't save you from a drunk driver, texter, teenage speeder, etc. He had been a traffic cop for 10 years and he's said that he investigated hundreds of motorcycle accidents, so I believe him. My motorcyclist class said the same thing but with stats. I don't have the papers anymore but basically a sizable percentalge of motorcyclist deaths were not the fault of the motorcyclists. Will that be on your tombstone, andy, "At least my skills didn't suck!"? The risk is still many times higher even if you take away the deaths caused by the fault of the motorcyclists.

The following users thanked this post: james03

Offline andy

• Hellebardier
« Reply #185 on: January 06, 2021, 12:11:34 PM »

I did a ride-a-long with a traffic cop once. He said that being the world's best/safest motorcyclist won't save you from a drunk driver, texter, teenage speeder, etc. He had been a traffic cop for 10 years and he's said that he investigated hundreds of motorcycle accidents, so I believe him. My motorcyclist class said the same thing but with stats. I don't have the papers anymore but basically a sizable percentalge of motorcyclist deaths were not the fault of the motorcyclists. Will that be on your tombstone, andy, "At least my skills didn't suck!"? The risk is still many times higher even if you take away the deaths caused by the fault of the motorcyclists.

My wife does not mind it at all. To the contrary, she takes a lot of pride (that good one) from my crazy motorcycle adventures as it makes her stand out in a crowd of feminist and meek women.

As far as the risk goes, there is some, we have to be prudent of course. E.g. I try to avoid routine commute to work. Skillful rider can read the traffic around instinctively and control the situation.

I would say, if a man can take risks and show the control, it lowers a chance of divorce :-). True women despise vague boys.