Author Topic: Pope Francis: "We Have To Create Civil Unions For Homosexuals"  (Read 2006 times)

Offline Aulef

• Hellebardier
  • Religion: One Holy Catholic Apostolic Church
Re: Pope Francis: "We Have To Create Civil Unions For Homosexuals"
« Reply #60 on: January 11, 2021, 02:58:52 PM »
I couldn't agree more. Most non-sedes have a difficult time reconciliing the fact that a heretic is Pope. I myself went through a very difficult time spiritually and one of the causes was the mental gymnastics that I was putting myself through, knowing that it was bullsh*t. Becoming a sede was so freeing, because it no longer meant that my stomach turned at the mere mention of "Pope Francis". Not I can click on these threads, just chuckle , and go back to living as a trad whereas before I would have been depressed for days, sometimes almost despairing.

I am curious how you got the sense that non-sedes have a difficult time reconciling the fact that a heretic is Pope...

Because they engage in all sorts of coping mechanisms and mental gymnastics. Most stick their heads into the ground like ostriches and ignore their Pope instead of having the courage to call a spade a spade.

We have abundant courage to call heresy heresy, heterodoxy heterodoxy, etc.  That's why so many of us were banned from that former bastion of heterodoxy, CAF. That's why we have lost friends in the N.O., including within our own families.

We merely differ in our belief about our authority to "declare him a heretic," "declare him not a pope," etc.  Above our pay grade, above our office.

Please do not assume that you would know what our character traits are by what we choose not to utter and by whom we refrain from condemning.

Were you at CAF? Which nick name did you use?

Was this response to me or to gog?

As long as a poster is quoting a post and responding to that post, you should probably assume that he or she is in fact replying to that recent poster, as I was in my reply 56.  I have no idea why you would ask me such a question like, "Were you on CAF" and what my nickname was.  I was on topic, not bringing in other forums, especially those that were always heterodox and are now dead.  I was clearly responding to GoG, alone.

It is in fact often a problem when the poster neglects to use the Quote feature.  That feature will name the poster and post the replier is responding to.  Neglecting to do both (quoting and using the feature, which actually identifies the poster being responded to) creates lots of problems, hard feelings, misunderstandings, and confusion.  I don't know why people do not do that.  Occasionally it's not necessary to do that when posts are submitted in quick succession, and there are only two in the conversation, but once three or more peopled are involved, it's not an act of charity to be sloppy about this.  (I'm speaking in the last sentence about other threads; I'm not accusing you of anything. However, when you can see, as in my Reply 56, that I did use the proper feature, and answered specific challenges raised by that poster, there shouldn't be a question about whom I was answering.)

The CAF question was just curiosity.

Regarding the response, I asked to whom you responded because even though you quoted him, somehow it looked like you were adressing my post. I probably didn't understand your point there then.
Tota pulchra es, Maria
Et macula originalis non est in Te

The following users thanked this post: Miriam_M

Offline Miriam_M

• Mary Garden
  • Hauptmann
  • Never have been "MiriamB"
  • Religion: Traditional Roman Catholic
« Reply #61 on: January 11, 2021, 03:13:04 PM »

Regarding the response, I asked to whom you responded because even though you quoted him, somehow it looked like you were adressing my post. I probably didn't understand your point there then.

The Steps [bolding added to emphasize the direction of the reply]:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1. You asked GofG this:
"I am curious how you got the sense that non-sedes have a difficult time reconciling the fact that a heretic is Pope..."

2. He replied thus:

"Because they engage in all sorts of coping mechanisms and mental gymnastics. Most stick their heads into the ground like ostriches and ignore their Pope instead of having the courage to call a spade a spade."

3. I quoted him by name, and responded to his inaccurate accusation, in this way:

"We have abundant courage to call heresy heresy, heterodoxy heterodoxy, etc.  That's why so many of us were banned from that former bastion of heterodoxy, CAF. That's why we have lost friends in the N.O., including within our own families.

We merely differ in our belief about our authority to "declare him a heretic," "declare him not a pope," etc.  Above our pay grade, above our office.

Please do not assume that you would know what our character traits are by what we choose not to utter and by whom we refrain from condemning."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Is there still something unclear about that sequence?

Offline Aulef

• Hellebardier
  • Religion: One Holy Catholic Apostolic Church
« Reply #62 on: January 11, 2021, 04:04:48 PM »

The Steps [bolding added to emphasize the direction of the reply]:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1. You asked GofG this:
"I am curious how you got the sense that non-sedes have a difficult time reconciling the fact that a heretic is Pope..."

2. He replied thus:

"Because they engage in all sorts of coping mechanisms and mental gymnastics. Most stick their heads into the ground like ostriches and ignore their Pope instead of having the courage to call a spade a spade."

3. I quoted him by name, and responded to his inaccurate accusation, in this way:

"We have abundant courage to call heresy heresy, heterodoxy heterodoxy, etc.  That's why so many of us were banned from that former bastion of heterodoxy, CAF. That's why we have lost friends in the N.O., including within our own families.

Please do not assume that you would know what our character traits are by what we choose not to utter and by whom we refrain from condemning."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Is there still something unclear about that sequence?

Thank you for clarifying.
Tota pulchra es, Maria
Et macula originalis non est in Te