Author Topic: Hey, Brits! Are there restrictions for shipping to the US?  (Read 52 times)

Offline Bernadette

• Mary Garden
  • Hauptmann
  • Religion: Roman Catholic
Hey, Brits! Are there restrictions for shipping to the US?
« on: October 18, 2020, 11:42:19 AM »
I tried to order something from Britain yesterday (a sewing chest, as the last one fell through) and the maker said he can't ship to the U.S. because of new restrictions. Is this the case all over Britain?
"Make merry, and be glad: for this thy brother was dead, and is come to life again; he was lost, and is found."

Offline Greg

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Major
Re: Hey, Brits! Are there restrictions for shipping to the US?
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2020, 12:37:59 PM »
I tried to order something from Britain yesterday (a sewing chest, as the last one fell through) and the maker said he can't ship to the U.S. because of new restrictions. Is this the case all over Britain?

No it is bullshit.

PM me, get it sent to me and I will send it to you.  You can just PayPal me the shipping costs I pay.

If you order it on ebay they have an international shipping thing which is cheap too.

The following users thanked this post: Bernadette, Lynne

Offline Bernadette

• Mary Garden
  • Hauptmann
  • Religion: Roman Catholic
Re: Hey, Brits! Are there restrictions for shipping to the US?
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2020, 01:05:48 PM »
You're a peach, Greg. :) I still remember those McVities that you sent me years ago. This sewing chest is a beast, so I don't expect shipping to be cheap.
"Make merry, and be glad: for this thy brother was dead, and is come to life again; he was lost, and is found."