Author Topic: The revolution will have to be violent  (Read 763 times)

Offline Maximilian

• Hauptmann
Re: The revolution will have to be violent
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2020, 08:50:41 AM »
I wrote a letter of complaint to the pastor of my geographic parish which I assume ended up in the circular file. 

Not necessarily. Twenty years ago when I still cared about such things, the pastor of my parish asked for feedback on their wreckovation project. I wrote something, and the pastor was furious and wrote a long diatribe in response, not to me but to the parish. It didn't stop the project, of course, but the emotional reaction shows that it did have an impact on him.

Offline Heinrich

• Steig mal auf den Berg hinauf
  • St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
  • Gott, wende Dich zu uns und gib uns neues Leben
  • Religion: römisch-katholisch
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2020, 10:59:09 AM »
Then they came for the Trump supporters

Checking in...the other day I put up a very nice 3' x 5' "Trump 2020" sign hanging on the front of our rented house, to the side of the front door.  We rent the downstairs.  A black graduate student rents the upstairs;  she has an anti-fa "Abolish the Police" sign in her front window.  Yesterday someone tore down my sign, and knocked over a flower pot on the front porch with an American flag sticking out of it.  I put back up the sign.  This morning my landlord texts me to take it down, I respond politely asking for an explanation why, he responds "What the hell is that," so I call him and let him know I checked my lease and with the city about ordinances, and there is no law that would require me to take it down, and that my only intention is to promote a political candidate.  He insisted I do, saying "If I let you, then I also have to let the girl upstairs" implying in addition to the circumstances, that she complained (he rarely comes by the house except to collect rent).  I mentioned her anti-police sign, he said "well that's her thing."  No concern whatsoever about our tenant rights and right to free speech.  So I'm putting a different Trump sign inside my window, and installing a security camera.

You should fly the Confederate Battle Flag, like me. Be like me.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Offline Heinrich

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2020, 11:06:13 AM »
"I totally get Pinochet." -- James.

Time for talk is over, people. If the recent Twitter actions against the NY Post and the commodious Ecompendium of other outright media culpability in bias don't make you realize that no one is going to change his mind now. We, the Carlists, must side with the Falangists, i.e. the Duck Dynasty contingent to eviscerate the enemy. As I said to Mrs. H on the way home from Mass this morning, "I feel no guilty compunction in my thoughts: we must take it upon ourselves to exercise extra judicial justice. We just need a leader."
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Offline drummerboy

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
  • Religion: sisu
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2020, 07:20:05 PM »
I was reading a book just yesterday that made an interesting point I will paraphrase.  The author said the internet used to be a place people logged on to in order to have fun, now it is a place for people to become angry.  This is so true.  He didn't posit a theory as to why, but I will.

Big Tech owns the internet.  They pay the piper, sort of, and they call the tune. 

But I don't think it really matters.  I don't see anyone springing to action in an emergency.  I can hardly get anyone to contemplate most of the complicated things I think about.  And by that, I mean ideas that may take 2 or 3 sentences to explain.  Which is all anything should ever take if one knows what he is talking about. 

We had plenty of years to express all sorts of ideas on the internet and we surely have.  But to make an actual stand you need a cohesive group of people, like a parish, to put up any kind of fight, or even begin by offering a suggestion or two.

Remote people, I don't care how smart they are, are not going to effect much change. 

I haven't done a whole lot except to talk on the internet outside of taking my family to the TLM and supporting others doing same over the years. 

I wrote a letter of complaint to the pastor of my geographic parish which I assume ended up in the circular file. 

I have learned much and adjusted my thinking about lots of things by reading so many intelligent posts by many of you, and others, over the years on various Catholic and conservative leaning websites. 

Now the conservative websites are nothing but a bunch of Trump bots who probably love Duck Dynasty and hate Catholics. 

But the Catholic sites have always been the best and most intellectually stimulating for the simple reasons that we like to discuss Scripture, Liturgy, and Theology.  In the end that's all that matters and this day to day stuff is just noise.

The U.S. is pretty much cooked.  As will be most of Western Europe save Germany.

I agreed with you right up until the last sentence...

I do not believe the US is cooked. And Germany? The country that bans homeschooling? Nope.

The monolithic websites like FB will diminish in power. Hopefully Big Tech will be broken up.

https://www.creativeminorityreport.com/2020/10/catholics-get-back-to-blogs.html

CATHOLICS! GET BACK TO BLOGS!
 The New Evangelization has hit an obstacle. It's a rather big one. Big Tech is actively working to censor or silence voices with whom they don't agree. They've entered into an unofficial or perhaps even official agreement with secular progressives to advance their agenda. Those who resist will be silenced.

Something shocking happened recently. The New York Post ran a story about Hunter Biden and the Ukraine. You might have missed it because Twitter and Facebook both essentially banned the story. Think about that. Big Tech said they had to fact-check one of the largest newspapers in the country before they allowed news to be promulgated. And even when White House spokesperson Kayleigh Mckenany attempted to share the story, Twitter locked her out of her own account.

The editor in chief of the NY Post called this shocking decision a "digital civil war."

These are not hyperbolic warnings. This is happening. This has been happening. And this isn't just impacting presidential campaigns. It's about Catholics who are attempting to speak publicly about their faith.

Instapundit recently wrote, "Abandoning the decentralized blogosphere for the walled gardens of Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube was a huge mistake, particularly for conservatives."

I couldn't agree more. This election season is a clear warning that we can not trust Big Tech. The mask if off. They are now the gatekeepers of acceptable speech. On a personal note, just this week, Facebook banned ads for my pro-life novel "American Antigone." Why? They said that it was about a societal issue and shouldn't be discussed this close to an election. I write in order to influence people. I aim to change hearts, move souls. Facebook doesn't want me discussing societal issues because it might influence how people vote. Something tells me that if I'd written a pro-abortion novel I wouldn't be banned.

About five years ago, many Catholics and serious Christians left the blogging world for the ease and community of Facebook and the immediate response time of Twitter.

Twitter, I was told, was fun. It was the wild west of speech.

Facebook, I was told, was a nice community.

The problem is we all herded into our pens and they locked the doors behind us. Once we were all on Twitter and Facebook they limited our reach because they decided they didn't like what we had to say. The internet was supposed to open up avenues of speech. Once we all selected Facebook, Twitter and YouTube, the three social media giants were able to begin restricting speech. In the beginning, it was shadowbans. Then it was demonetizing some fringe personalities. Now, they're telling us what we can share and what we can't.

If you ask me, I believe Twitter has been one of the most corrosive and perhaps even diabolical social experiments ever run on a society.

I have truly enjoyed Facebook but we all know that they limit your reach if you are a conservative. I can't tell you how many times I've stumbled upon someone's page whom I used to enjoy, only to realize that Facebook limited their reach and they simply didn't appear on my screen.  I sometimes end up seeing merely the same dozen or so accounts all the time.

We should get back to blogging. Return to websites. We could read what we wanted and if Big Tech didn't agree with us, it didn't really matter. I recently began posting more and more on my own blog Creative Minority Report exactly because of this.

Sites like the National Catholic Register aren't prone to being shadow banned. We worry about pleasing the Almighty, not the mighty cadre of hipsters running big tech. We need sites that stand on their own and don't depend on the approval of an elite class. Let's be honest, Big Tech is never going to approve of what we're talking about. Pro-life? Nah? Marriage between a man and a woman? Shut up, bigot! More than two kids? What are you, a nut?!!!

I'm not saying we leave social media entirely but just know that your universe is not entirely of your own making there. You are intentionally cut off from others. And others who might not agree with you all the time never even get to see you.

Under the law, they are not publishers, they are more like a public utility like a telephone. But this phone company decides who you can call and what you can say.

We live in a dangerous time. The country is split. Why do you think that's happening? We are trapped in ghettoes. But we are called to evangelize, not merely have it out with the blue checkmark brigade on Twitter.

The only way out of this crisis is talking our way out of it. But Big Tech doesn't want to hear from us. We are the unclean. We can not hope that one day they will allow us to speak freely.

We are without a free voice anymore. And what happens when a group of people no longer feel they have a voice? What happens when people no longer believe their vote matters and they don't believe their voice is heard?

Let's get back to talking. Let's get back to blogging. We made a major mistake by abandoning blogs and websites. It's time to return. It's not a fix-all but I believe it will at least slow down our descent. At this point a little extra time would be a good thing.

Don't forget the state-sponsored brothels....
The bee is small among flying things, but her fruit hath the chiefest sweetness - Ecclesiasticus 3:11

The following users thanked this post: Lynne

Offline christulsa

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
    • The Okie Traditionalist Blog
  • Religion: Traditional Catholic
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2020, 10:25:05 AM »

Checking in...the other day I put up a very nice 3' x 5' "Trump 2020" sign hanging on the front of our rented house, to the side of the front door.  We rent the downstairs.  A black graduate student rents the upstairs;  she has an anti-fa "Abolish the Police" sign in her front window.  Yesterday someone tore down my sign, and knocked over a flower pot on the front porch with an American flag sticking out of it.  I put back up the sign.  This morning my landlord texts me to take it down, I respond politely asking for an explanation why, he responds "What the hell is that," so I call him and let him know I checked my lease and with the city about ordinances, and there is no law that would require me to take it down, and that my only intention is to promote a political candidate.  He insisted I do, saying "If I let you, then I also have to let the girl upstairs" implying in addition to the circumstances, that she complained (he rarely comes by the house except to collect rent).  I mentioned her anti-police sign, he said "well that's her thing."  No concern whatsoever about our tenant rights and right to free speech.  So I'm putting a different Trump sign inside my window, and installing a security camera.

Just got home from Mass.  Someone left a piece of cardboard right in front of our house reading "Mark my words, I will kill your **** *****"   I'm not taking down the Trump signs from inside the window, but I'm now locked and loaded.  Filed a police report.   Because I dared put up a re-elect Trump sign.  Time for white flight and the Benedict Option, perhaps.  Either that, conform, or risk getting killed.  But after this, my wife won't be using the front sewing room until well after the election.  Locked and loaded.

Offline Lynne

• Thankful to be Catholic!
  • Mary Garden
  • Hauptmann
  • Religion: Catholic
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2020, 01:10:19 PM »

Just got home from Mass.  Someone left a piece of cardboard right in front of our house reading "Mark my words, I will kill your **** *****"   I'm not taking down the Trump signs from inside the window, but I'm now locked and loaded.  Filed a police report.   Because I dared put up a re-elect Trump sign.  Time for white flight and the Benedict Option, perhaps.  Either that, conform, or risk getting killed.  But after this, my wife won't be using the front sewing room until well after the election.  Locked and loaded.

It's so disgusting that it (the political climate) has come to this.
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael’s Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

“My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you’re supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen.”

The following users thanked this post: Elizabeth.2

Offline Heinrich

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2020, 02:39:38 PM »

You attract all sorts weirdos in red Oklahoma.

Offline james03

• Hauptmann
  • The Brutal Clarity of a Winter Morning
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2020, 07:07:58 PM »
No, it is glorious.  It is waking the Sheeple.  I'm not calling Chris a sheep, but the sheep that post a sign and get death threats are taking the red pill.

Still, I see computer chips with Chinese social credit accounts inserted into hands and foreheads coming up.  Trump probably wins, but that will only buy us 4 years.  Use it wisely.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"

The following users thanked this post: maryslittlegarden, Lynne

Offline james03

• Hauptmann
  • The Brutal Clarity of a Winter Morning
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2020, 07:13:09 PM »
"I totally get Pinochet."
  Wise.  Very wise.

We just need a leader."
  Review my discussion about legitimacy in my first book.  We either get a governor to stand up, for people to rally behind, or nothing happens, besides skirmishes in rural areas.  Tires of some Fed's car getting slashed, that sort of thing.  Unfortunately we didn't really get a single governor during the muzzle madness to stand up and say it was stupid.  I think the governor of Arkansas was the best (best, not great), followed close behind by the hot chick governor of South Dakota.  Stint of Oklahoma did an ok job, but there was never any defiance out of any of them.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"

Offline christulsa

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2020, 10:02:33 PM »
No, it is glorious.  It is waking the Sheeple.  I'm not calling Chris a sheep, but the sheep that post a sign and get death threats are taking the red pill.

Still, I see computer chips with Chinese social credit accounts inserted into hands and foreheads coming up.  Trump probably wins, but that will only buy us 4 years.  Use it wisely.

I think the odds are high Trump unfortunately loses, J, and by a large enough margin to concede in the first few weeks post Nov 3rd, if not in the first days.  Makes the most sense if we’re in the chastisement.  God sends us as “sheep among the wolves,” and no amount of cleverness or guns or testosterone (all good things) will protect the innocent (including yours truly) from this great persecution. All practicing Christians will suffer major persecution.   But I hope I’m wrong about the election.  God knows.

The red pill is what we want, yes?   In this case, the Mrs. is now terrified to step outside, so I was forced by circumstances to take it down today.  Prudence.  Still locked and loaded, but it’s hard to see the glory in that but a hard up-close does of bitterly cold reality.  We lost this one. First time to have my life threatened exercising my right to free speech.  . I do plan to alert the more civilized neighbors on my block, so the story might move some of them to “take the red pill.”  In the end at least,  I’ll hang the Trump sign in my man cave garage in our soon-to-purchase house in the country. And pray for secession.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2020, 10:09:20 PM by christulsa »

Offline christulsa

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2020, 03:54:38 PM »
It is waking the Sheeple.

Yes, "The Brutal Clarity of a Winter Morning."

Online Greg

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Major
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2020, 06:10:38 AM »
That's what I like about Kyle Rittenhouse.  He lock, loaded and defended himself. I will be glad to quit this forum Nov 4th whether Trump wins or loses.

Too many gutless cowards.

Weak, weak, weak.

I am fed up with this shit.  40 years anticipating war then when it dawns you run and hide.  Fucking useless.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2020, 06:12:26 AM by Greg »

Offline Heinrich

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2020, 07:50:22 AM »
That's what I like about Kyle Rittenhouse.  He lock, loaded and defended himself. I will be glad to quit this forum Nov 4th whether Trump wins or loses.

Too many gutless cowards.

Weak, weak, weak.

I am fed up with this shit.  40 years anticipating war then when it dawns you run and hide.  Fucking useless.

Who?

Offline christulsa

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2020, 03:58:39 PM »
I was reading a book just yesterday that made an interesting point I will paraphrase.  The author said the internet used to be a place people logged on to in order to have fun, now it is a place for people to become angry.  This is so true.  He didn't posit a theory as to why, but I will.

Big Tech owns the internet.  They pay the piper, sort of, and they call the tune. 

But I don't think it really matters.  I don't see anyone springing to action in an emergency.  I can hardly get anyone to contemplate most of the complicated things I think about.  And by that, I mean ideas that may take 2 or 3 sentences to explain.  Which is all anything should ever take if one knows what he is talking about. 

We had plenty of years to express all sorts of ideas on the internet and we surely have.  But to make an actual stand you need a cohesive group of people, like a parish, to put up any kind of fight, or even begin by offering a suggestion or two.

Remote people, I don't care how smart they are, are not going to effect much change. 

I haven't done a whole lot except to talk on the internet outside of taking my family to the TLM and supporting others doing same over the years. 

I have learned much and adjusted my thinking about lots of things by reading so many intelligent posts by many of you, and others, over the years on various Catholic and conservative leaning websites. 

Now the conservative websites are nothing but a bunch of Trump bots who probably love Duck Dynasty and hate Catholics. 

But the Catholic sites have always been the best and most intellectually stimulating for the simple reasons that we like to discuss Scripture, Liturgy, and Theology.  In the end that's all that matters and this day to day stuff is just noise.

The U.S. is pretty much cooked.  As will be most of Western Europe save Germany.

Excellent post, I.S.   Got me thinking.

On one hand I agree with your argument—see bolded— that much online discussion has been reduced to fruitless angry talk, rather than disseminating Truths and refining our understanding of them by objective debate.   

On the other hand, I think Trads will continue to keep referring to online sources for guidance and Catholic info, so online Catholic forums, blogs, podcasts, and the like seem to me like a necessary alternative to Bigtech crap like FB, Twitter, or YT. 

I follow SD, the Remnant, LifeSiteNews, Canon212, SSPX podcasts for Catholic news.  For secular news/discussion I follow Citizens Free Press.   How about you?   I’d be interested to know what alternative online sources you think are the best. 

Online Greg

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Major
« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2020, 05:01:54 PM »
You cannot disseminate truth to people who have rejected truth.

Look at the way most of the western world carries on.  Taking pictures of themselves, their meals, documenting their inane lives.  They are not interested in truth, they are interested in comfort, travel, money, their looks and how desirable they are.  The women want to be chased by men and the men want fast cars and dress like teenagers.

What good is truth to such people?

Sure, when they get cancer or their world falls apart or the women are no longer desired by men they might seek out God, but that is a tiny fraction of the overall number of people.  Most people in the western world live long lives.

Churches are mostly populated by women over 50 for a reason.  Nobody else has the self-interested reasons to be there.  What is the point in a world where many believe God does not exist or if he does exist he is too nice, democratic and liberal to send anyone to Hell?

Most people have made some sort of conscious decision to relegate religion to being a myth or an old fashioned way of thinking that modern man has "grown out of".  They reject the idea that there are a special class of priests or bishops who have any sort of authority over the truth and given the fact that 99.99% of them covered up the rape of children, who can blame them?