Author Topic: The revolution will have to be violent  (Read 780 times)

Offline Greg

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Major
The revolution will have to be violent
« on: October 16, 2020, 06:30:29 AM »
https://support.google.com/youtube/thread/4854329?hl=en

YouTube are now shadowbanning comments from people who make comments that are reported.  You see your comment but nobody else does.  This is true of comments on sites you support they don't show either.  It has nothing to do, necessarily with the channel owner.

That means that the counter-revolution is impossible to carry out on the Internet.  You are literally wasting your time making comments on channels because a bot can filter the comments, type of comment, keywords, number of likes and dislike and anything else.

YouTube and the other bigtech have the technology to make 2 million Traditionalists Catholics or 100 million conservatives in the world become voiceless (or appear like the voices of the most illiterate and least convincing 10 million) by filtering out the most effective 90%.

First they came for the white-supremacists, and I did not speak out—
     Because there are hardly any white-supremacists.

Then they came for the Trump supporters, and I did not speak out—
     Because I was convinced that neither party were good.

Then they came for me—and while I spoke out like mad nobody could see my comments except me because technology was filtering them from the views of others.

Offline Greg

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Major
Re: The revolution will have to be violent
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2020, 07:12:26 AM »
Just posted this to an AI group on LinkedIn.

Is the The Artificial Intelligence Group going to discuss the ethics, concerns and future threats of AI being used to control free speech?

YouTube, for example, shadowban people.  Meaning that you are commenting but due to some past infraction your comment is only visible to you.  You only discover this months later when watch the same video again and notice that your comment has no likes and no replies.  In the meantime all of your subsequent comments have been shadowbanned and your time has been wasted.

Like this they can filter out any sector of the population they like.  They can also create a false impression for content creators about the nature of their audience suggesting it is more politically left, radical, progressive, centerist than it is.  The man who controls the data controls society.

Without the 1st Amendment being protected by technology the other inalienable rights are worthless.  You won't have any voice to freely assemble (digitally) and speak about it (digitally) when the other rights are violated.  They could even give you a smartphone in the gulag, because if you cannot smuggle out your thoughts, like Alexander Solzhenitsyn, then nobody can ever read them.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2020, 07:14:04 AM by Greg »

Offline Elizabeth.2

• Vizekorporal
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2020, 01:46:48 PM »
 This is Situation urgent and ripe for sudden mayhem.  Spread the word.

Offline red solo cup

• John 6:56
  • St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
  • Religion: Fair weather Catholic
"It's so lonely 'round the fields of Athenry"

Offline Full Sugar, Brah

• Hellebardier
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMmTD-U8bIU
  • Religion: Catholic
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2020, 04:40:45 PM »
The true revolution will not be televised. Anything that will inspire and galvanize (white) people to take back their lives from the Bankers will be censored, blacklisted and banned.

What is televised are pseudo revolutions (BLM and antifa in the streets).
« Last Edit: October 16, 2020, 04:42:41 PM by Full Sugar, Brah »

Offline Fleur-de-Lys

• Mary Garden
  • Feldwebel
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2020, 05:12:56 PM »
The true revolution will not be televised. Anything that will inspire and galvanize (white) people to take back their lives from the Bankers will be censored, blacklisted and banned.

Welcome back, Croix de Fer!

The following users thanked this post: Vetus Ordo, Graham, maryslittlegarden, Jayne

Offline dellery

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2020, 05:21:19 PM »

Aren't most bankers White though?
Bean-Curd Tiger

Offline Full Sugar, Brah

• Hellebardier
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMmTD-U8bIU
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2020, 05:32:31 PM »

Aren't most bankers White though?

No, they (central bankers) are disproportionately Jews.

Jews aren't white.

Offline christulsa

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
    • The Okie Traditionalist Blog
  • Religion: Traditional Catholic
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2020, 05:39:57 PM »
Then they came for the Trump supporters

Checking in...the other day I put up a very nice 3' x 5' "Trump 2020" sign hanging on the front of our rented house, to the side of the front door.  We rent the downstairs.  A black graduate student rents the upstairs;  she has an anti-fa "Abolish the Police" sign in her front window.  Yesterday someone tore down my sign, and knocked over a flower pot on the front porch with an American flag sticking out of it.  I put back up the sign.  This morning my landlord texts me to take it down, I respond politely asking for an explanation why, he responds "What the hell is that," so I call him and let him know I checked my lease and with the city about ordinances, and there is no law that would require me to take it down, and that my only intention is to promote a political candidate.  He insisted I do, saying "If I let you, then I also have to let the girl upstairs" implying in addition to the circumstances, that she complained (he rarely comes by the house except to collect rent).  I mentioned her anti-police sign, he said "well that's her thing."  No concern whatsoever about our tenant rights and right to free speech.  So I'm putting a different Trump sign inside my window, and installing a security camera. 
« Last Edit: October 16, 2020, 05:51:36 PM by christulsa »

The following users thanked this post: Christina_S

Offline Kaesekopf

• Enkindle in us the virtues of humility and patience So we too may obediently do your will faithfully.
  • Oberst
  • Major
    • Suscipe Domine
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2020, 06:15:23 PM »

Welcome back, Croix de Fer!

he's banned
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

The following users thanked this post: Lynne

Offline dellery

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2020, 09:23:02 PM »
I imagine Greg's face lowering in a deadly anger after realizing he was shadow-banned from YT. "The world will burn because of this!"

Kidding aside, the effectiveness of this kind of censorship seems to be situational. Right now we're in a critical moment and this kind thing could blow up in the revolutionary elite's face and produce a backlash, however, if they survive the backlash and defeat the counterrevolution they can ingrain their censorship into the mainstream consciousness and mentally enslave people for years.
Bean-Curd Tiger

Offline Innocent Smith

• Wachtmeister
  • Religion: Roman Catholic
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2020, 09:31:47 PM »
I was reading a book just yesterday that made an interesting point I will paraphrase.  The author said the internet used to be a place people logged on to in order to have fun, now it is a place for people to become angry.  This is so true.  He didn't posit a theory as to why, but I will.

Big Tech owns the internet.  They pay the piper, sort of, and they call the tune. 

But I don't think it really matters.  I don't see anyone springing to action in an emergency.  I can hardly get anyone to contemplate most of the complicated things I think about.  And by that, I mean ideas that may take 2 or 3 sentences to explain.  Which is all anything should ever take if one knows what he is talking about. 

We had plenty of years to express all sorts of ideas on the internet and we surely have.  But to make an actual stand you need a cohesive group of people, like a parish, to put up any kind of fight, or even begin by offering a suggestion or two.

Remote people, I don't care how smart they are, are not going to effect much change. 

I haven't done a whole lot except to talk on the internet outside of taking my family to the TLM and supporting others doing same over the years. 

I wrote a letter of complaint to the pastor of my geographic parish which I assume ended up in the circular file. 

I have learned much and adjusted my thinking about lots of things by reading so many intelligent posts by many of you, and others, over the years on various Catholic and conservative leaning websites. 

Now the conservative websites are nothing but a bunch of Trump bots who probably love Duck Dynasty and hate Catholics. 

But the Catholic sites have always been the best and most intellectually stimulating for the simple reasons that we like to discuss Scripture, Liturgy, and Theology.  In the end that's all that matters and this day to day stuff is just noise.

The U.S. is pretty much cooked.  As will be most of Western Europe save Germany. 
I am going to hold a pistol to the head of the modern man. But I shall not use it to kill him, only to bring him to life.

The following users thanked this post: Maximilian, Elizabeth.2

Offline dellery

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2020, 10:11:13 PM »
I was reading a book just yesterday that made an interesting point I will paraphrase.  The author said the internet used to be a place people logged on to in order to have fun, now it is a place for people to become angry.  This is so true.  He didn't posit a theory as to why, but I will.

Big Tech owns the internet.  They pay the piper, sort of, and they call the tune. 

But I don't think it really matters.  I don't see anyone springing to action in an emergency.  I can hardly get anyone to contemplate most of the complicated things I think about.  And by that, I mean ideas that may take 2 or 3 sentences to explain.  Which is all anything should ever take if one knows what he is talking about. 

We had plenty of years to express all sorts of ideas on the internet and we surely have.  But to make an actual stand you need a cohesive group of people, like a parish, to put up any kind of fight, or even begin by offering a suggestion or two.

Remote people, I don't care how smart they are, are not going to effect much change. 

I haven't done a whole lot except to talk on the internet outside of taking my family to the TLM and supporting others doing same over the years. 

I wrote a letter of complaint to the pastor of my geographic parish which I assume ended up in the circular file. 

I have learned much and adjusted my thinking about lots of things by reading so many intelligent posts by many of you, and others, over the years on various Catholic and conservative leaning websites. 

Now the conservative websites are nothing but a bunch of Trump bots who probably love Duck Dynasty and hate Catholics. 

But the Catholic sites have always been the best and most intellectually stimulating for the simple reasons that we like to discuss Scripture, Liturgy, and Theology.  In the end that's all that matters and this day to day stuff is just noise.

The U.S. is pretty much cooked.  As will be most of Western Europe save Germany.

Why don't you involve yourself in some kind of group or club that share your interests? It's rare to meet a bunch people like yourself unless you're a pop-culture drone. Common interests are what bring like-minded people together.
Furthermore, associations built around common interests can also be used as social petri dishes and incubators of ideas since your ideas will probably resonate with people of a similar mind to you.
By common interests I'm not talking about chatting with the people at Mass, either. All kinds of different people with nothing whatsoever in common will assist at Mass together.
Look for a secular club, or group, etc. that aligns with your interests and join it.
This is a better option than wussing out in despair thinking you're doomed in this lifetime, man.

Also, if you're really smart, humbling yourself and understanding that others may not be able to keep up with you is the righteous thing to do.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2020, 10:15:26 PM by dellery »
Bean-Curd Tiger

Offline Greg

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Major
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2020, 12:26:33 AM »
The Roman Catholic Church has done nothing to wake people up here in the UK and Europe.  If there is one major contributor to a few British people fighting back and resisting it is illegal immigration and Islamist head choppers.

Same for Italy and some Eastern European countries.

Paris just had another Islamist beheading.  By an 18 year old Chechen.

Offline Lynne

• Thankful to be Catholic!
  • Mary Garden
  • Hauptmann
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2020, 07:09:24 AM »

I agreed with you right up until the last sentence...

I do not believe the US is cooked. And Germany? The country that bans homeschooling? Nope.

The monolithic websites like FB will diminish in power. Hopefully Big Tech will be broken up.

https://www.creativeminorityreport.com/2020/10/catholics-get-back-to-blogs.html

CATHOLICS! GET BACK TO BLOGS!
 The New Evangelization has hit an obstacle. It's a rather big one. Big Tech is actively working to censor or silence voices with whom they don't agree. They've entered into an unofficial or perhaps even official agreement with secular progressives to advance their agenda. Those who resist will be silenced.

Something shocking happened recently. The New York Post ran a story about Hunter Biden and the Ukraine. You might have missed it because Twitter and Facebook both essentially banned the story. Think about that. Big Tech said they had to fact-check one of the largest newspapers in the country before they allowed news to be promulgated. And even when White House spokesperson Kayleigh Mckenany attempted to share the story, Twitter locked her out of her own account.

The editor in chief of the NY Post called this shocking decision a "digital civil war."

These are not hyperbolic warnings. This is happening. This has been happening. And this isn't just impacting presidential campaigns. It's about Catholics who are attempting to speak publicly about their faith.

Instapundit recently wrote, "Abandoning the decentralized blogosphere for the walled gardens of Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube was a huge mistake, particularly for conservatives."

I couldn't agree more. This election season is a clear warning that we can not trust Big Tech. The mask if off. They are now the gatekeepers of acceptable speech. On a personal note, just this week, Facebook banned ads for my pro-life novel "American Antigone." Why? They said that it was about a societal issue and shouldn't be discussed this close to an election. I write in order to influence people. I aim to change hearts, move souls. Facebook doesn't want me discussing societal issues because it might influence how people vote. Something tells me that if I'd written a pro-abortion novel I wouldn't be banned.

About five years ago, many Catholics and serious Christians left the blogging world for the ease and community of Facebook and the immediate response time of Twitter.

Twitter, I was told, was fun. It was the wild west of speech.

Facebook, I was told, was a nice community.

The problem is we all herded into our pens and they locked the doors behind us. Once we were all on Twitter and Facebook they limited our reach because they decided they didn't like what we had to say. The internet was supposed to open up avenues of speech. Once we all selected Facebook, Twitter and YouTube, the three social media giants were able to begin restricting speech. In the beginning, it was shadowbans. Then it was demonetizing some fringe personalities. Now, they're telling us what we can share and what we can't.

If you ask me, I believe Twitter has been one of the most corrosive and perhaps even diabolical social experiments ever run on a society.

I have truly enjoyed Facebook but we all know that they limit your reach if you are a conservative. I can't tell you how many times I've stumbled upon someone's page whom I used to enjoy, only to realize that Facebook limited their reach and they simply didn't appear on my screen.  I sometimes end up seeing merely the same dozen or so accounts all the time.

We should get back to blogging. Return to websites. We could read what we wanted and if Big Tech didn't agree with us, it didn't really matter. I recently began posting more and more on my own blog Creative Minority Report exactly because of this.

Sites like the National Catholic Register aren't prone to being shadow banned. We worry about pleasing the Almighty, not the mighty cadre of hipsters running big tech. We need sites that stand on their own and don't depend on the approval of an elite class. Let's be honest, Big Tech is never going to approve of what we're talking about. Pro-life? Nah? Marriage between a man and a woman? Shut up, bigot! More than two kids? What are you, a nut?!!!

I'm not saying we leave social media entirely but just know that your universe is not entirely of your own making there. You are intentionally cut off from others. And others who might not agree with you all the time never even get to see you.

Under the law, they are not publishers, they are more like a public utility like a telephone. But this phone company decides who you can call and what you can say.

We live in a dangerous time. The country is split. Why do you think that's happening? We are trapped in ghettoes. But we are called to evangelize, not merely have it out with the blue checkmark brigade on Twitter.

The only way out of this crisis is talking our way out of it. But Big Tech doesn't want to hear from us. We are the unclean. We can not hope that one day they will allow us to speak freely.

We are without a free voice anymore. And what happens when a group of people no longer feel they have a voice? What happens when people no longer believe their vote matters and they don't believe their voice is heard?

Let's get back to talking. Let's get back to blogging. We made a major mistake by abandoning blogs and websites. It's time to return. It's not a fix-all but I believe it will at least slow down our descent. At this point a little extra time would be a good thing.
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael’s Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

“My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you’re supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen.”

The following users thanked this post: paul14