Author Topic: Worrying day and night  (Read 291 times)

Offline pioflower

• Hellebardier
Worrying day and night
« on: October 06, 2020, 02:35:24 PM »
I'm worrying day & night about end times.
The book of the apocolypse talks about christians being marked on their forehead.. others being marked with 666
The book of daniel talks about the sacrifice coming to an end and blessed are those who waited 3 and a half years.

I've been back and forth with my faith but came back fully in quarentine realiing telly and music were leading me astray, so i gave them up after bumpy months of sin and not being close to God.

AS the catechism isn't clear on end times, it looks like in the Bible there is a cut off point for 'gentiles' and the Jews covert in the last three years.

I'm so worried I missed the cut off and looking at the signs in the sky and the world, the amazon synod, I think were close to the end...
My christian friend told me some JEws are now converting,

I'm worried if theres forgiveness for the last three years
& worried I missed the 'gentile' cut off point, as the catechism isn't clear.

:-[

Offline Gerard

• Feldwebel
  • .. and his raiment became white and glittering
Re: Worrying day and night
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2020, 03:02:18 PM »
His mercy is above all His works. 

Go to confession.

Assume your confession, absolution and penance are valid.  Even if the priest tells you to sit there in prayer for a minute or do something nice.  As long as he can burp up a basic absolution. Force yourself to accept it.   

God is not such a legalist that He is purposely trying to trip people up.  Stop worrying about what you can't know and can't change, it's a waste of time. Every generation thinks they are in the end times.  Every one of them has been wrong so far. 

Try some abandonment to Divine Providence.  When the Shepherd calls, you will recognize His voice.   

The following users thanked this post: Non Nobis, diaduit, Traditionallyruralmom, Elizabeth.2

Offline Ascetik

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Korporal
  • Deus Vult!
  • Religion: Uber Ultra 1337 Trad
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2020, 03:20:54 PM »
Even if we were in the end times, which we're not, why would any of that matter? What matters is staying in a state of grace and being holy. Sounds to me like the demons are trying to get your obsess over it to take away your focus on the only thing that truly matters, God and doing His will.

You don't have peace because you're not focusing on God, you're focusing on other things which you can't control anyway, so stop it.

Offline John Lamb

• Feldwebel
    • Psalms
  • Religion: Catholic
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2020, 03:34:15 PM »
"Let all bitterness and animosity and indignation and defamation be removed from you, together with every evil. And become helpfully kind to one another, inwardly compassionate, forgiving among yourselves, just as God also graciously forgave you in the Anointed." – Paul

The Question of Catholicism.

An ominous dream.

Offline Daniel

• Feldwebel
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2020, 04:20:02 PM »
The "cutoff" isn't before the 3½ years. The only "cutoff" is the end of the world or death, whichever comes first.

And the sign to look for isn't just the conversion of some Jews. There have always been Jewish converts to Catholicism. The sign is the conversion of the Jewish people collectively--large amounts of Jews. And they'll be converting to Catholicism, not to Protestantism or Messianic Judaism or whatever it is your friend was talking about.

There are other signs too, such as the preaching of the Gospel throughout the world, and the rise of Antichrist. It's debatable, but these things most likely haven't happened yet.

Here is some spiritual reading that St. Thérèse recommends: https://www.amazon.com/Present-World-Mysteries-Future-Life/dp/1933184388/ I'm reading it now. Not sure if it's any good, but I can say that it is recommended by St. Thérèse.

Offline The Theosist

• Korporal
  • Religion: Christian

Offline Daniel

• Feldwebel
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2020, 05:00:58 PM »
Re: the video in John Lamb's post -

:wag:

The first half of that video is more or less the standard "academic" view of the secular universities, which simply isn't true. The Apostles and scriptural authors did not contradict one another, St. John was not a gnostic, and there was a unified Christian religion from the get go.

As for the remainder of the video, the biggest problem is that it's made by an academic and/or Protestant. As such, her views are incompatible with Catholicism. Catholics have always believed in a literal end times and a literal second coming. These are doctrines of the faith. And it's completely wrong to suggest that the Apocalypse be interpreted solely for its moral content. The Apocalypse is a book about the end of the world, regardless of what other levels of interpretation it may have.

The following users thanked this post: mikemac, Maximilian, truly-a-philosofan, The Theosist

Offline The Theosist

• Korporal
  • Religion: Christian
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2020, 05:18:49 PM »
Re: the video in John Lamb's post -

:wag:

The first half of that video is more or less the standard "academic" view of the secular universities, which simply isn't true. The Apostles and scriptural authors did not contradict one another, St. John was not a gnostic, and there was a unified Christian religion from the get go.

If such a thing even exists, as they can't seem to agree amongst each other on any account except that the Biblical and traditional accounts have to be wrong.

But Charles Freeman? Closing of the Western Mind Charles Freeman? If you're going to appeal to authority like she does, at least appeal to an authority of New Testament studies and early Christianity.

As for the remainder of the video, the biggest problem is that it's made by an academic and/or Protestant. As such, her views are incompatible with Catholicism. Catholics have always believed in a literal end times and a literal second coming. These are doctrines of the faith.

It's not compatible with any kind of Protestantism either, if we take as our starting point the faith of the Reformers.

And it's completely wrong to suggest that the Apocalypse be interpreted solely for its moral content. The Apocalypse is a book about the end of the world, regardless of what other levels of interpretation it may have.

Remember kids, "evil is overcome through love, not force". Yeah, just love that man attempting to rape your child and the evil will be overcome.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2020, 05:24:27 PM by The Theosist »

Offline Greg

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Major
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2020, 06:04:45 PM »
Why not just enjoy the end times when they come along?

I am sure there will be high points.

Offline Greg

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Major
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2020, 06:07:32 PM »

Offline dellery

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2020, 08:33:47 PM »

I'm convinced you were honest enough to admit to yourself that Sedevacantism is self-refuting and now you're all over the place trying to make sense of things in the aftermath of your shattered world-view.

3 Aves for ya, John.
Bean-Curd Tiger

Offline dellery

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2020, 09:28:37 PM »
I'm worrying day & night about end times.
The book of the apocolypse talks about christians being marked on their forehead.. others being marked with 666
The book of daniel talks about the sacrifice coming to an end and blessed are those who waited 3 and a half years.

I've been back and forth with my faith but came back fully in quarentine realiing telly and music were leading me astray, so i gave them up after bumpy months of sin and not being close to God.

AS the catechism isn't clear on end times, it looks like in the Bible there is a cut off point for 'gentiles' and the Jews covert in the last three years.

I'm so worried I missed the cut off and looking at the signs in the sky and the world, the amazon synod, I think were close to the end...
My christian friend told me some JEws are now converting,

I'm worried if theres forgiveness for the last three years
& worried I missed the 'gentile' cut off point, as the catechism isn't clear.

:-[

Be glad if it's the end times. We are all going to die. Why not strive for a good death? Think of the honor in that out of the billions of people that have lived throughout the ages Our Lord has saved you for the final conflict.
Bean-Curd Tiger

The following users thanked this post: Greg, Daniel

Offline Elizabeth.2

• Vizekorporal
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2020, 09:38:11 PM »
Hi Pioflower.  A good remedy is to read the Apocalypse, ask St. John to help your stress, and get the indulgences for doing so.

I prepare for the Apocalypse by painting altarpieces and so on for the Underground Church.  We were made for these times, and I know forum readers etc. will pray for you.  :pray3:

The following users thanked this post: diaduit

Offline Sempronius

• Wachtmeister
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2020, 11:56:02 PM »

I'm convinced you were honest enough to admit to yourself that Sedevacantism is self-refuting and now you're all over the place trying to make sense of things in the aftermath of your shattered world-view.

3 Aves for ya, John.

John had the hots for her. He cant think straight.

Offline John Lamb

• Feldwebel
    • Psalms
  • Religion: Catholic
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2020, 04:19:42 AM »
John had the hots for her. He cant think straight.

:laugh:

The OP says they're "worrying day and night". If that's the case, it can't hurt to hear from the other end of the spectrum.
"Let all bitterness and animosity and indignation and defamation be removed from you, together with every evil. And become helpfully kind to one another, inwardly compassionate, forgiving among yourselves, just as God also graciously forgave you in the Anointed." – Paul

The Question of Catholicism.

An ominous dream.