Author Topic: what are your daily supplements?  (Read 554 times)

Offline james03

• Hauptmann
  • The Brutal Clarity of a Winter Morning
  • Religion: Catholic
Re: what are your daily supplements?
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2020, 10:06:08 PM »
Heart / Cardio vascular: aspirin, mixed K, D2, chelated magnesium

Anti inflamation: fish oil, flaxseed meal (I eat it out of the bag), vitamin C, Curcumin

Eye health liqui-gel

potassium, zinc, calcium.

Men's multi vitamin.  No iron.

I also eat a lot of broccoli and mixed berries.

"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"

The following users thanked this post: diaduit, christulsa

Offline diaduit

• Mary Garden
  • Feldwebel
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2020, 01:18:02 AM »
I'm going to do a liver detox this week, designed by Andrew Moritz (I know I know he died in his 50's).  Seems to get rid of calcified toxins in your liver and gall bladder.  Anyone here ever do one?

Offline The Theosist

• Korporal
  • Religion: Christian
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2020, 05:39:35 AM »
I take fish oil. All the benefits of fish, without having to eat it.

And potentially all the benefits of oxidation of oil sitting for months or more on a shelf.

You think the nutrient content of fish is limited to fatty acids? Hardly all the benefits of fish.

The following users thanked this post: Graham, awkwardcustomer

Offline awkwardcustomer

• Feldwebel
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2020, 05:59:12 AM »
I'm going to do a liver detox this week, designed by Andrew Moritz (I know I know he died in his 50's).  Seems to get rid of calcified toxins in your liver and gall bladder.  Anyone here ever do one?

Why do you think your liver needs a detox?  And a detox from what, exactly? 

And formerly the heretics were manifest; but now the Church is filled with heretics in disguise.  
St Cyril of Jerusalem, Catechetical Lecture 15, para 9.

And what rough beast, it's hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?
WB Yeats, 'The Second Coming'.

Offline diaduit

• Mary Garden
  • Feldwebel
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2020, 09:13:06 AM »

And potentially all the benefits of oxidation of oil sitting for months or more on a shelf.

You think the nutrient content of fish is limited to fatty acids? Hardly all the benefits of fish.

Can you expand? 

Offline diaduit

• Mary Garden
  • Feldwebel
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2020, 09:16:23 AM »

Sorry, its a liver flush.  To wash out all the stones which are toxins that calcify over the years from eating processed food and what not.

I'm keen to see how I feel after.  A trad lady friend of mine who had  a baby recently has done 2 and she looks amazing and I mean amazing.  I asked her how and she was telling me about this.  Btw, not for vanity but I want to feel less sluggish and my neck/shoulder muscle particularly my left side has never healed properly from what I think is a tear a couple of years ago.  To even hoover or wash windows which involves a circular or forward backwards movement of my total arm, leaves me in very bad pain.  I've now started Krav Maga defence classes and I need good arms :)

The following users thanked this post: awkwardcustomer

Offline Graham

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2020, 09:22:34 AM »

Sorry, its a liver flush.  To wash out all the stones which are toxins that calcify over the years from eating processed food and what not.

I'm keen to see how I feel after.  A trad lady friend of mine who had  a baby recently has done 2 and she looks amazing and I mean amazing.  I asked her how and she was telling me about this.  Btw, not for vanity but I want to feel less sluggish and my neck/shoulder muscle particularly my left side has never healed properly from what I think is a tear a couple of years ago.  To even hoover or wash windows which involves a circular or forward backwards movement of my total arm, leaves me in very bad pain.  I've now started Krav Maga defence classes and I need good arms :)

Could you post the exact liver flush protocol you'll be following, or a link to it?

Offline Graham

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2020, 09:35:33 AM »

Can you expand?

Polyunsaturated fats such as those found in fish oil (omegas) readily go rancid and become toxic at room temperature or higher. This is also why oils like canola (first marketed as edible in the 1970s, I believe), corn, flaxseed, etc., shouldnt be used in cooking, because the heat causes them to oxidize rapidly. There's research to suggest they shouldnt be consumed at all, or only in limited quantities and in conjunction with protective saturated fats, because they get bound up in your body and continue to rancidify inside you at a cellular level. As for fish containing macro and micronutrients not found in a fish pill, thats just self-evident.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2020, 09:41:30 AM by Graham »

The following users thanked this post: diaduit

Offline diaduit

• Mary Garden
  • Feldwebel
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2020, 01:14:36 PM »

Could you post the exact liver flush protocol you'll be following, or a link to it?

https://www.acam.org/blogpost/1092863/216480/The-Amazing-Liver-Cleanse--a-Powerful-Tool-to-Improve-Your-Health--by-Andreas-Moritz

Trust me to get his first name wrong :)
I got a photocopy of relevant pages and the protocol is slightly different.  For the previous 6 days you don't eat animal products, meat, dairy, eggs but you can have butter. No sweeteners and sugar and drink apple juice every day for the 6 days. I'm on day one now.

The following users thanked this post: Graham

Offline james03

• Hauptmann
  • The Brutal Clarity of a Winter Morning
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2020, 06:45:09 PM »
There's research to suggest they shouldnt be consumed at all, or only in limited quantities and in conjunction with protective saturated fats,

Could you expand on this?  From what I've read, ALA is a required nutrient.  That's why I eat flaxseed meal.  However the bulk of my fat comes from butter, coconut oil, and animal fat.  I also use heavy whipping cream in my protein shakes.  So probably +90% of my fat is saturated.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"

Offline Heinrich

• Steig mal auf den Berg hinauf
  • St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
  • Gott, wende Dich zu uns und gib uns neues Leben
  • Religion: römisch-katholisch
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2020, 08:27:22 AM »
All capsule forms:

Tumeric
Salmon Oil
Pumpkin Seed extract
Creatine
Magnesium
Ceylon Cinammon/Vitamin D combo

Of the above, tumeric would be most missed.

I know Tumeric and Magnesium but the others , do you mind saying why?

Cinnamon for blood sugar. Based on my experiences, I believe I am diabetic. I have cut almost all sugar and bread, gluten or ungluten, from my diet in non travel/vacation times. Since Mrs. H and I are traveling at this time: had a regular pizza, fried haddock sammie, and fries this past few days: I feel like I am hung over. Always happens when I eat bread of any type. I will go back to mega meat and veggies with ranch today. OK. Maybe some fried clams tonight. But then that's it. Maybe.

Vitamin D as it's a necessary nutrient lacking now in my Midwest environs; Creatine for POWER! Pumpkin seed extract so I don't go to the bathroom every 30 minutes; salmon oil for heart. A couple days a week I will take a mega Vitamin C and B12 powder pack. Today would be a good day for that.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Offline Graham

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2020, 08:26:21 AM »
There's research to suggest they shouldnt be consumed at all, or only in limited quantities and in conjunction with protective saturated fats,

Could you expand on this?  From what I've read, ALA is a required nutrient.  That's why I eat flaxseed meal.  However the bulk of my fat comes from butter, coconut oil, and animal fat.  I also use heavy whipping cream in my protein shakes.  So probably +90% of my fat is saturated.

Some reading:

http://haidut.me/?p=1001

http://raypeat.com/articles/articles/fats-degeneration3.shtml

Offline CF Mathews

• Hellebardier
  • Catholic Prepper
    • Nomen Christi Apostolate
  • Religion: Roman Catholic
« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2020, 12:26:02 PM »
I'm a big fan of Dr. Steve Gundry of the Plant Paradox Lectin-Free diet.  He suggests 2,000 C and 5,000 D per day.  I can't even remember the last time I was sick.  I take a good multi too and fish oil.  Thanks for this thread!