Author Topic: Campaign Thread  (Read 2825 times)

Offline mikemac

• Hauptmann
  • Religion: Catholic
Re: Campaign Thread
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2020, 08:44:58 PM »
https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/former-trump-adviser-kellyanne-conway-rakes-biden-dont-sniff-my-hair

Former Trump adviser Kellyanne Conway rakes Biden: ‘Don’t sniff my hair’
Conway also called out Biden for misquoting her regarding how riots and chaos will help President Trump's re-election chances.
Thu Oct 1, 2020

WASHINGTON D.C., October 1, 2020 (LifeSiteNews) — Kellyanne Conway, a former counselor to President Donald Trump, has accused Democratic presidential candidate and former vice president Joe Biden of lying while misquoting her comments that violence and riots in Democrat-run U.S. cities will prompt Americans to re-elect Trump, as well as referencing Biden’s repeated history of sniffing women’s hair.

“Thanks for debate shout-out, creepy/sleepy/weepy JOE, but you lied. And don't sniff my hair, either,” Conway posted to social media platform Twitter.

Biden misquoted Conway during Tuesday night’s presidential debate with Trump, as well as during a recent interview on MSNBC.

« Last Edit: October 03, 2020, 08:46:59 PM by mikemac »
Like John Vennari (RIP) said "Why not just do it?  What would it hurt?"
Consecrate Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Mary (PETITION)
https://lifepetitions.com/petition/consecrate-russia-to-the-immaculate-heart-of-mary-petition

"We would be mistaken to think that Fatima’s prophetic mission is complete." Benedict XVI May 13, 2010

"Tell people that God gives graces through the Immaculate Heart of Mary.  Tell them also to pray to the Immaculate Heart of Mary for peace, since God has entrusted it to Her." Saint Jacinta Marto

The real nature of hope is “despair, overcome.”
Source

The following users thanked this post: Heinrich

Offline drummerboy

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
  • Religion: sisu
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2020, 01:59:13 PM »
I liked his Proud Boys "stand back" and "stand by" comment.

Trump asking Biden what police organizations support him was better, the silence truly was golden
The bee is small among flying things, but her fruit hath the chiefest sweetness - Ecclesiasticus 3:11

The following users thanked this post: mikemac

Offline mikemac

• Hauptmann
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2020, 04:17:59 PM »
I liked his Proud Boys "stand back" and "stand by" comment.

Trump asking Biden what police organizations support him was better, the silence truly was golden

Yeah, that was good too.  Imagine though if you were a Proud Boy and heard Trump say "stand back" and "stand by" in the Presidential Debate.  Or imagine if a group of Proud Boys were watching the debate and heard Trump say that; they would have lost it.  You know "stand back" and "stand by" is the Proud Boys motto.

https://lifepetitions.com/petition/consecrate-russia-to-the-immaculate-heart-of-mary-petition

"We would be mistaken to think that Fatima’s prophetic mission is complete." Benedict XVI May 13, 2010

"Tell people that God gives graces through the Immaculate Heart of Mary.  Tell them also to pray to the Immaculate Heart of Mary for peace, since God has entrusted it to Her." Saint Jacinta Marto

Source

The following users thanked this post: Lynne, drummerboy

Offline Non Nobis

• Why are you fearful?
  • Mary Garden
  • Feldwebel
  • Religion: Roman Catholic
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2020, 09:49:40 PM »

Imagine though if you were a Proud Boy and heard Trump say "stand back" and "stand by" in the Presidential Debate.  Or imagine if a group of Proud Boys were watching the debate and heard Trump say that; they would have lost it.  You know "stand back" and "stand by" is the Proud Boys motto.

I've read in a number of places that they chose that motto only AFTER Trump used those words in the debate. E.g. check the date in https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Proud_Boys_Trump_logo.jpeg#filehistory.

I don't think Trump handled the question on white supremacy well.  Why not just firmly denounce it yet again, but then angrily also denounce leftists pretending it does anywhere as much harm in the USA as the BLM and Antifa. He didn't have to ask for an example group.

I was sorry to read
Sen. Tim Scott (S.C.), the only Black GOP senator [who spoke during the RNC convention], say Wednesday that President Trump should "correct" his comments from the first presidential debate, where he refused to condemn white supremacists.

"I think he misspoke in response to Chris Wallace's comment. ... I think he misspoke, I think he should correct it. If he doesn't correct it, I guess he didn't misspeak," Scott said, when asked by ABC News if he found Trump's remarks concerning.
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/518936-tim-scott-trump-should-correct-his-debate-comments-on-white-supremacists

This is also interesting:

President Donald Trump said Wednesday he is not familiar with the Proud Boys, the far-right group mentioned during Tuesday night's first presidential debate with Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden.

"I don't know who the Proud Boys are. I mean, you'll have to give me a definition, because I really don't know who they are," the president told reporters at the White House on Wednesday.

"Whoever they are, they have to stand down. Let law enforcement do their work," he added.

I wish he would have made this clear during the debate.

Trump doesn't always say the perfect things at the right time...  I hope that Tim Scott will realize this and not be swayed by the anti-Trump blacks and others who are attacking him.
[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Jesus, Mary, I love Thee! Save souls!

Offline drummerboy

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2020, 01:10:02 AM »

Imagine though if you were a Proud Boy and heard Trump say "stand back" and "stand by" in the Presidential Debate.  Or imagine if a group of Proud Boys were watching the debate and heard Trump say that; they would have lost it.  You know "stand back" and "stand by" is the Proud Boys motto.

I've read in a number of places that they chose that motto only AFTER Trump used those words in the debate. E.g. check the date in https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Proud_Boys_Trump_logo.jpeg#filehistory.

I don't think Trump handled the question on white supremacy well.  Why not just firmly denounce it yet again, but then angrily also denounce leftists pretending it does anywhere as much harm in the USA as the BLM and Antifa. He didn't have to ask for an example group.

I was sorry to read
Sen. Tim Scott (S.C.), the only Black GOP senator [who spoke during the RNC convention], say Wednesday that President Trump should "correct" his comments from the first presidential debate, where he refused to condemn white supremacists.

"I think he misspoke in response to Chris Wallace's comment. ... I think he misspoke, I think he should correct it. If he doesn't correct it, I guess he didn't misspeak," Scott said, when asked by ABC News if he found Trump's remarks concerning.
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/518936-tim-scott-trump-should-correct-his-debate-comments-on-white-supremacists

President Donald Trump said Wednesday he is not familiar with the Proud Boys, the far-right group mentioned during Tuesday night's first presidential debate with Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden.

"I don't know who the Proud Boys are. I mean, you'll have to give me a definition, because I really don't know who they are," the president told reporters at the White House on Wednesday.

"Whoever they are, they have to stand down. Let law enforcement do their work," he added.

Trump doesn't always say the perfect things at the right time...  I hope that Tim Scott will realize this and not be swayed by the anti-Trump blacks and others who are attacking him.

It was a trap question; Trump knew that and refused to play along.  Anyone with the internet can look up how Trump has denounced white supremacists, there is no need to repeat it.
The bee is small among flying things, but her fruit hath the chiefest sweetness - Ecclesiasticus 3:11

The following users thanked this post: Lynne

Offline Heinrich

• Steig mal auf den Berg hinauf
  • St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
  • Gott, wende Dich zu uns und gib uns neues Leben
  • Religion: römisch-katholisch
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Offline diaduit

• Mary Garden
  • Feldwebel
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2020, 06:26:06 PM »
Whats this about

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1313551795646541824

Not signing in a stimulus package!

Offline Elizabeth.2

• Vizekorporal
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2020, 11:46:03 PM »
Trump is finally declassifying the killary emails!
 :cheeseheadbeer:

Offline mikemac

• Hauptmann
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2020, 12:56:31 AM »

I was sorry to read

The Proud Boys are not white supremacists, they are patriots.  Kyle Rittenhouse wasn't in Kenosha as a white supremacist.  Yeah I guess it's possible that motto came after the fact.

Source

Offline Greg

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Major
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2020, 07:51:25 AM »
https://www.kansascity.com/opinion/readers-opinion/guest-commentary/article246260870.html

KC Bishop suggests Catholics vote for Trump

Lay Catholic disagrees.

Offline Frank

• Korporal
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2020, 09:33:06 AM »
Well you have to admit. He's spot on about the pope.
in principio erat Verbum et Verbum erat apud Deum et Deus erat Verbum
hoc erat in principio apud Deum
omnia per ipsum facta sunt et sine ipso factum est nihil quod factum est

Offline drummerboy

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2020, 11:47:09 AM »

The following users thanked this post: Heinrich

Offline Miriam_M

• Mary Garden
  • Hauptmann
  • Never have been "MiriamB"
  • Religion: Traditional Roman Catholic
« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2020, 02:10:01 PM »

The writer or the bishop?

By the way, everyone, I believe Comments to the article are open if anyone wants to contribute.

Offline Frank

• Korporal
« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2020, 07:37:08 PM »

The writer or the bishop?

By the way, everyone, I believe Comments to the article are open if anyone wants to contribute.
The writer, not the bishop who falls over backward trying to present the pope as orthodox.
in principio erat Verbum et Verbum erat apud Deum et Deus erat Verbum
hoc erat in principio apud Deum
omnia per ipsum facta sunt et sine ipso factum est nihil quod factum est

Offline Heinrich

• Steig mal auf den Berg hinauf
  • St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
  • Gott, wende Dich zu uns und gib uns neues Leben
  • Religion: römisch-katholisch
« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2020, 07:55:03 PM »
I am in the far Northeast right now(along the coast). From Massachusetts to just north of Portland, ME,  I would say the signs run 5 - 1 in favor of Biden.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.