Author Topic: Muzzle madness  (Read 4477 times)

Offline Frank

• Korporal
  • Religion: Roman Catholic
Re: Muzzle madness
« Reply #180 on: September 30, 2020, 05:16:14 AM »
I have had none.

I've been politely suggested and I have politely said "I am exempt"
I understand that people are not entitled to ask why you are exempt so
if they do I would just answer,  that's private.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2020, 05:20:59 AM by Frank »
in principio erat Verbum et Verbum erat apud Deum et Deus erat Verbum
hoc erat in principio apud Deum
omnia per ipsum facta sunt et sine ipso factum est nihil quod factum est

Offline Greg

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Major
« Reply #181 on: September 30, 2020, 05:18:28 AM »
I just lie and say I have Ebola.

The following users thanked this post: Michael Wilson, CF Mathews

Offline paul14

• Vizekorporal
  • When life gets you down, tell it to **** off!
  • Religion: Yes Dear
« Reply #182 on: September 30, 2020, 06:26:43 AM »

Offline paul14

• Vizekorporal
  • When life gets you down, tell it to **** off!
  • Religion: Yes Dear
« Reply #183 on: September 30, 2020, 09:51:01 AM »
I have had none.

I've been politely suggested and I have politely said "I am exempt"
I understand that people are not entitled to ask why you are exempt so
if they do I would just answer,  that's private.

I went to the Isle of Wight last weekend.  One the ferry I was challenged 3 times and each time I said "I am exempt" and if necessary showed the PDF on my smartphone. The people challenging me were almost apologetic when I said this and said "Oh, that's fine".  There was no pushback whatsoever.

In Portsmouth harbour in the Wightlink ferry terminal we were sitting in a crowded room prior to boarding.  Me, my son and daughter were practically the only people not wearing masks; out of about 150 people. There was a policemen getting the ferry; who may have been off duty.  He said nothing either.  I reckon the majority hate it. I wish more people were bolshy.  I suspect we are dealing with the madness of crowds.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extraordinary_Popular_Delusions_and_the_Madness_of_Crowds

Offline CF Mathews

• Hellebardier
  • Catholic Prepper
    • Nomen Christi Apostolate
  • Religion: Roman Catholic
« Reply #184 on: October 02, 2020, 10:18:19 PM »
I must vent on my experience today at Staples, which is an office supply mega-store in the US.  I tell ya, every day out is now an adventure, as the Whore of Babylon spits us out.

I knew as soon as I walked in, this was a mistake.  This company has "in the cabal" written all over it.  Covid signs everywhere and mind-control over the speaker.  But my time was limited and I had to print flyers for an event this weekend.  Things started great when I approached the counter and the girl said I had to put the mask over my nose.  I politely refused due to health reasons (which is not a lie).  She argued with me and I had to remind her of my rights under the law.  She was visibly very uncomfortable and seemed shocked at what I was saying.  I think she did not want to get close to me and offered little help in what i needed to do.

I went over to the high-tech copy machine to try to figure it out myself.  When I was almost ready to print, an older woman yelled at me from the counter, to fix the mask.  I gave her the same story and she said, "It is not fair to make everyone else in the store unsafe.  We have to get you away from everyone."  (I wasn't even close to anyone.)  At which point I let loose (yes, I curse sometimes, when provoked).  I yelled on my way out of the store and let them know they lost my business.  I hope the whole store heard me.  I like to take these incidents as opportunities to wake people up.  (Meanwhile, down the road peeps are chowing it down at KFC with no masks at all.)

I can't say I enjoy it when this happens.  I will never get used to this Brave New World and will continue to seek out my own element.  I wound up at United Postal Service, because I knew they had copy machines.  They were absolutely wonderful and didn't even charge as much as Staples.  They operated the machine for me and gave me special high quality paper at no extra cost, because they said they had an excess of it in stock. 

God will provide if you just keep trying.  Life has always taught me that:)

The following users thanked this post: Michael Wilson, diaduit, Blue Violet

Offline dellery

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
« Reply #185 on: October 18, 2020, 07:30:47 AM »

Just saw this video and it's an example of how much respect people have for despotic "safety" laws.
Bean-Curd Tiger