Author Topic: A new "bishop" for the Resistance... possibly...  (Read 387 times)

Offline matt

• Vizekorporal
A new "bishop" for the Resistance... possibly...
« on: July 30, 2020, 10:39:01 AM »
Well, if you thought the Resistance couldn't get anymore crazy allow me to introduce you to "Bishop" Pfeiffer. Apparently the consecrating bishop is "Bishop" Neal Webster, a Thuc line bishop. Why is it that validity always takes a back seat with these people. Well at least one now a choice in the Resistance Communion. Crazy.

:o

Offline Kent

• Hellebardier
  • Religion: Catholic
Re: A new "bishop" for the Resistance... possibly...
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2020, 11:12:49 AM »
Is not Neal Webster a feeneyite?  Fr. Pfeiffer, last time I checked, was militantly anti-Feeneyite.

Although OP, in fairness to the (scattered, ineffectual) 'Resistance,' just about no one follows Fr. Pfeiffer, and indeed he is an object of contempt and ridicule, not to mention scandal, for most who claim adherence to the 'Resistance.'  Pfeiffer is to the Resistance what someone like Schuckhardt is to sedevacantists.  Low hanging fruit, uninteresting, and rejected.
I do profess to be no less than I seem, to serve him truly
that will put me in trust, to love him that is honest, to
converse with him that is wise and says little, to fear
judgment, to fight when I cannot choose, and to eat no fish.

The following users thanked this post: Michael Wilson, Philip G.

Offline Michael Wilson

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2020, 11:30:27 AM »
The last think the trad movement needs is "Bishop" Pfeiffer; he is a proverbial "loose cannon";
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

The following users thanked this post: Kent

Offline paul14

• Hellebardier
  • When life gets you down, tell it to **** off!
  • Religion: Yes Dear
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2020, 03:04:21 PM »
Does he move on the black squares or the white squares?

The following users thanked this post: Frank

Offline Alnitak

• Hellebardier
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2020, 04:50:32 PM »
A PDF of the Thuc lineage. Neil Webster might be a valid bishop. See also this thread. It's ridiculous that all the information that we have about what happened is second-guesses on internet forums: the Resistance-Resistance will take anyone they can if he has anything like a claim to being a bishop, much like what happened with the fake bishop Ambrose Moran. Fr. Hewko is a good priest from what I've seen and heard, but the original schism of the resistance and the way it carries on is ridiculous at times. Has this particular group reject Bp. Williamson as well? It seems like Frs. Hewko and Ruiz are separate from Pancras and Bp. (?) Pfeiffer.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2020, 06:51:17 AM by Alnitak »

Offline Jayne

• Mary Garden
  • Major
  • Comic Sans Frontières
  • Religion: Roman Catholic
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2020, 05:17:33 PM »
Fr. Hewko is a good priest from what I've seen and heard, but the original schism of the resistance and the way it carries on is ridiculous at times. Has this particular group reject Bp. Williamson as well? It seems like Frs. Hewko and Ruiz are separate from Pancras and Bp. (?) Pfeiffer.

This is a thread about Fr. Hewko: https://www.cathinfo.com/sspx-resistance-news/public-message-from-fr-hewko/

If you really want details about this, a better place to ask is at cathinfo where a lot of members are associated with the "Resistance". 

They have a current thread on Fr. Pfeiffer's ordination too:https://www.cathinfo.com/sspx-resistance-news/bishop-pfeiffer/
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

The following users thanked this post: Alnitak

Offline diaduit

• Mary Garden
  • Feldwebel
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2020, 03:52:48 AM »
I know Fr Pfeiffer is a massive problem so I have nothing to say in regard to that.

But for all the sniping at the resistance, let me tell you one of the resistance priest was the only one here in Ireland offering mass around the country and I'll be forever grateful he did.

Now it has been announced that the SSPX priests living in priories outside of Dublin including my nearest town are being called back to Dublin.  We will have our priest fri-mon from now on as they will travel down for the weekend.  Considering we are expecting a harsher lockdown than before I can't fathom this decision when they are not selling the priory house.  Withdrawal of the troops!!

The following users thanked this post: Críostóir

Offline Alnitak

• Hellebardier
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2020, 06:37:44 AM »

Offline King Wenceslas

• Fidelity to yesterday's truth consists precisely in abandoning it in assuming it into today's truth - BXVI
  • Feldwebel
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2020, 07:36:17 PM »

Splinter, splinter, fraction, fraction. Ad infinitum.

The following users thanked this post: Greg, Lynne

Offline diaduit

• Mary Garden
  • Feldwebel
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2020, 07:20:42 AM »
I know Fr Pfeiffer is a massive problem so I have nothing to say in regard to that.

But for all the sniping at the resistance, let me tell you one of the resistance priest was the only one here in Ireland offering mass around the country during lockdown and I'll be forever grateful he did.

Now it has been announced that the SSPX priests living in priories outside of Dublin including my nearest town are being called back to Dublin.  We will have our priest fri-mon from now on as they will travel down for the weekend.  Considering we are expecting a harsher lockdown than before I can't fathom this decision when they are not selling the priory house.  Withdrawal of the troops!!

Offline Greg

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Major
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2020, 02:38:43 AM »
The Resistance Rap

Too many chiefs
With too many beefs
Bitchin their griefs
About other's disbeliefs

Too many kooks
Handing out rebukes
Dressing up in tweed and
Wishing they were dukes.

They are the resistance
They can't stand co-existence
So are living at subsistence
Suggest you keep your distance
Until they break up
From the persistence of insistence.

Written 2013

The following users thanked this post: paul14

Offline Greg

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Major
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2020, 06:50:58 AM »
Well, if you thought the Resistance couldn't get anymore crazy

I have never thought that.

The following users thanked this post: Lynne

Offline Greg

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Major
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2020, 06:59:02 AM »
Fr. Hewko's response

7 days later and no comments?

How many are left now?